It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Braz-alien Rainforest: Is This Creature Pictured in the Amazon Jungle a Visitor From Outer-Space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Source

As biologically diverse as the Amazon is, this peculiar creature would not appear to be a natural inhabitant of the Brazilian jungle or, indeed, Earth for that matter.

Standing just a few feet from a mesmerising flashing light, this unidentified being could offer proof that we are not alone in the universe.

The image comes from a video obtained by noted paranormal writer Michael Cohen and is claimed to have been filmed by two British tourists visiting the Mamaus region of the Amazon.

While the camera is focused on some young children, seen in the distance behind them is a silvery light.

However, it is only when the eyes are diverted to the surrounding jungle does it become apparent that there is a small being standing side-on just to the right of a tree, appearing to arch its back.

It is the 'unmistakable' form of an 'alien'. No explanation is offered as to what the light may be.

So what do you all think?

It definitely has the shape and appearance of the so called 'greys'. And there is also a mysterious light behind it, which itself is a little on the strange side.

I'm on the fence, it looks like an aliens and I would have a hard time believing that it is just a piece of wood in the background that has the same shape and appearance, as for the light, no idea.

I thought I would bring it here because even if it end up being a tree it's a damn cool looking tree.

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 22-10-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

You should have attached the full video. There's one on GT.
Edit: oops, I see video now, and maybe I missed it before? Apologies if so.

The light appears a little too conspicuous. In the video, it's flashing regularly, like "hey, look over here!"

The 'alien' body (at least in the video) looks like it might just be a leaf in the foreground next to the tree while the head is further back, not even connected. The still frames shown here take it a little bit out of context when not seen in the whole video.

That's my immediate impression.

Edit: Link to video: Source - The SUN

On another look at the video, I've noticed the arm moving, and the head as well, but slightly, though the head still doesn't look like it's connected.

I detract my statement about the body being a leaf. Still, this video is fishy.
edit on 22-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

The kid in the yellow shirt is looking at the light, nobody else seems interested. Would like to see the whole video, however, at this stage I call a fake.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Very interesting. I do not think we are alone. Not anymore.

Peace to you

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I've gotta call hoax on this one. If you look closely you will note that the "still" from the video is at a different angle than the original and that the shapes do not quite match.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Despite the fact that the alien activity in Northern Brazil, specially in the Amazon, is intense, I doubt of this video's authenticity. I have some editions of South American UFO magazines and the Amazon natives are severely hunted by orb probes that usually assault them for picking up samples of tissue and blood. In some desert areas the natives are even attacked and hurt by these orbs.
The still pictures give us a fake impression. In the actual video, the "Grey" looks pretty much fake. I really doubt that a lone Grey would stay quite like that, while being filmed at short distance, at broad daylight and with a bunch of people around. As well as I doubt that Amazon natives usually terrified by orbs, would act cool like that with a Grey lurking behind them.

The fact that this video was made by Michael Cohen of All News Web, makes me more jumpy about its authenticity.
edit on 10/22/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I just got done watching the video clip, and I would like to offer my opinion. Many of you know that I do not believe extraterrestrials are visiting earth, which probably puts me in the minority, but this is rather intriguing. The "creature," for lack of a better term, actually appears to move in the video.

The gap between the torso and arm varies quite a significant amount. It was hard to distinguish initially given the shaky quality of the video itself. On another note, the boy does appear to be looking behind the group, which is odd, since he didn't react to the light or the "creature."

I do not understand how, if the light was genuine, the person shooting the video didn't see it. The "alien" sort of blended in, but not the light, making it hard to miss. I like the explanation given in the second post, about the leaf, however it doesn't really look leafy.

It could possibly be a nodule on a tree, appearing as a head, and the torso part being something on the ground, but even this seems a bit odd in my opinion. Since I don't really believe in ET's on earth, I would have to say this is a clever hoax. The only other possibility that makes any sense is that this is legitimate. I don't think it is a natural phenomena by any means, as it just doesn't fit in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

All that's needed is for Jaime Maussan to pop up.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Odd, aliens always seem to only appear next to trees or telephone poles or something, almost like someone has to be hiding behind the tree to hold them up or something lol.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Oh you don't want to know what I think it is. It starts with an H and ends with an X.

But awesome as heck to watch. I gotta hand it to em. That was nice.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
that video is just ridiculous. another disinfo propaganda clip manufactured to a create doubt when authentic videos pop up.

it's just standing bobbing its head and a blue blinking light, clearly in the video camera's view finder and no one including the camera man, said "wtf, look an alien and a spaceship 60ft behind you".

that must of been the best take out of 50 shots. they must of told the villagers they're making a sci-fi film or some b.s.

and the kid is thinking, "these gringos are crazy, but they brought pizza".

edit on 22-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

In watching the full screen video with zooms, the 'alien' body looks less leaf-like.

What sets me off is the conspicuousness of the flashing light, like it's just there to advertise and get attention. It's suspicious.

Further, on watching the video a few times, the movement of the arm and head seems a little balloon-like, as if this alien is one of those inflatable alien toys catching a little bit of a breeze for some slight movement.

I'm with you on not believing we're being visited by ETs. I'm positive that there is life, even intelligent life 'out there', just from a numbers and scale point of view, but, because of those numbers and vast scales of the universe, feel that the very same thing that makes other intelligent life quite possible also makes visitation by other life to earth extremely improbable.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Or perhaps it was viewed on a 3" LCD screen and the attention was paid to the children rather than looking at the treeline.

I'm not saying it's real, but, I'm not going to dismiss something because they didn't see it on the screen when taping.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Quite curious now it seems that every other country that is not "first world" seems to have "visitations" from time to time. South America, Brazil, Africa, some other Middle Eastern countries that (well to me and perhaps the general populace) aren't well known. Almost every time there seems to be either A. A figure in the background that can kind of be made out into a shape or B. An object in the sky that can almost be made out as well. It's interesting that most of these places (second and lower) seem to get "visitations."

Something just seems off to me well actually two things The first is the the boy looks and doesn't really seem to panic or induce some sort of panic by the visitor. I guess there are some explanations for that but when seeing a grey I assume some kind of shock face or slight jump (as if they got spooked) would have happened. The second is the Alien to me it seems like it is guarding something or just in a very heavy induced trance? Even after being seen it doesn't move seems like a guard or as stated before guarding something.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

have you ever used a cam corder. are you aware that in the 21st century, cameras have a zoom function.
what you see on video is what you see on the screen.

how are you not going to notice a blinking blue light right over the head of the one of the kids that is the main focus of the shot.

those are props and they lied to the villagers to use some of their kids. and gave them 10 british pounds worth of their currency which probably came out to 10 billion brazilian reals.

and who's going to take the time to scour the brazilian rainforest and find that village to talk to the angry residents who are still waiting for the 2 goats and the donkey the producers of that video promised them.

edit on 22-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Although it does look as though an alien is standing beside a tree doing "something", my opinion: it looks like he's peeing with no hands as his torso protrudes outwardly for a second and then his arm moves forward slightly, maybe he was done and did the "shake"
I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself. I viewed the video as if it were actually a real alien and my first question was "what's he up to", you will have to excuse me but that's just what it looked like to me. At the same time, I'm waiting for someone on here who is an expert at debunking videos to explain how they proved this wasn't in the original video, otherwise there's no way to prove it's not an unidentified peeing object.. sorry had to get one more in

edit on 22-10-2011 by shell69 because: OCD typo corrector

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
'source - the sun'

anyone from the UK knows that this should be enough to get the BS-ometer going. the sun has to be the least trustworthy source in the world for pretty much anything after fox news.

hypothetically, all this would require to fake is some basic footage of some kids turning around and being alarmed by something in the background, add a quick non-moving alien graphic and a random light blur and you've got something that's attention grabbing enough to balance out the hot story deficit for the week.

could also be 100% legit, but what do i know

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Where does anyone get the idea it's an alien from?

Assuming it is real, then the 'creature' is clearly well adapted to our gravity, atmosphere and levels of solar radiation. This strongly suggests it came from Earth.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

all news web.com
Mr Cohen, who is well known within UFO and paranormal circles

This has already been posted and is an obvious ANW hoax , it doesn't deserve one thread yet alone two .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fake

edit on 22-10-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
This is in the SUN newspaper.... actually calling it a "news"paper is kind of silly.

Seriously.... get a grip people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join