It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING U.S. official: Saudi Crown Prince dies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

CNN) -- Saudi Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has died, a State Department official told CNN on Friday.
There were no more immediate details about his death.
Crown Prince Sultan, 81, was the deputy minister of aviation and defense, and was one of the top figures in the Saudi kingdom. He's had various medical issues in recent years.

Well this is going to throw a ringer in the mix!!

Does anyone understand what kind of impact this can
have in the ring of fire middle east??

Any thought?

May he rest in peace?

Little information on the crown prince.

In May 1982, when Fahd became King, Abdullah became Crown Prince the same day. He maintained his position as head of the armed forces.

When Fahd was incapacitated by a major stroke in 1995[4], Abdullah acted as de facto regent ruler of Saudi Arabia.

Abdullah with George W. Bush
In August 2001, he ordered Ambassador Bandar bin Sultan to return to Washington. This reportedly occurred after Abdullah witnessed a brutality between an Israeli soldier and a Palestinian woman.[5] He later also condemned Israel for attacking families of accused suspects.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I'm surprised this isn't under the conspiracy forum. Sure, he was old, but, in recent events with the whole Saudi/Iran thing, it won't be long before people start speculating about foul play.

I think it was a chem trail that caused it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Thats the signal for Iran to name the final Imam...their Christ and begin Armageddon.

WEEEE!!!! Batter keep your lids open and watch your 6. Its about to get real messy.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
he was 80 years old and reportedly suffering from cancer

show some respect (and brains) before you accuse the CIA or something silly

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Ooops my bad.

Just a prince. whew!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It will only be considered foul play if "he commits suicide" and he is only at his 20-70
edit on 21-10-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I'm going to go out on a limb here but maybe this could be the spark to ignite Harold Campings prediction?
Anyone?
Anyone?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

I'm going to go out on a limb here but maybe this could be the spark to ignite Harold Campings prediction?
Anyone?
Anyone?

Well in EST (eastern standard time) That limb is broke because it is 12:23
maybe ww3?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Don't know about Harold Camping (it's 12:23 a.m. on 10/22/11 here in NE USA), BUT

with the 'passing' of leaders this week, sure looks like Clif High has a hit on the Shape of Things To Come report about leadership 'stepping down/being removed from power' right about this time frame.

Just sayin'.....

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Ah...things are getting interesting.

Albert Pike would be grinning ear to ear right now with the way the events in the Middle East have unfolded. We're almost there folks

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
Ah...things are getting interesting.

Albert Pike would be grinning ear to ear right now with the way the events in the Middle East have unfolded. We're almost there folks

Who takes this guys place? A family member? Brother maybe?
edit on 21-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hey maybe all of the world leaders will die and we can get newer better ones? maybe this is like a good thing happening here... cant wait till it starts happening over here in the US

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
english.aljazeera.net...

Crown Prince Sultan bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud, the 83-year-old defence minister and first in line of succession to become king of Saudi Arabia, has died, according to Saudi media reports.

Sultan was on a visit to the United States for medical tests when he died, CNN reported.

Analysts believed he had been suffering from a form of dementia, and a March 2009 US diplomatic cable released by WikiLeaks said he was "for all intents and purposes incapacitated".

Dementia sounds terrible, this is the aljazeera source. More sources to come

Looks like colon cancer killed him nothing crazy being reported as of now.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

That it definitely could. This means that Prince Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud could be next in the succession, as he was 2nd in line.

For those who haven't followed the recent developments in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the privilege of voting in local elections was recently promised to women in 4 years time. Prince Nayef said in 2009, just a week after King Abdullah appointed a woman to a deputy minister post, that he sees the need for neither women or elections in government.

There has been jockeying going on for years over the line of succession since Abdullah took over from King Fahd (his half brother). The remaining Sudairi brothers have sought increasing power.
King Abdullah is 87, and has been reigning for 6 years. Nayef (a Sudadiri) is 78, so he is in the right age range to assume power, especially with Abdullah's gradual relinquishing of power due to his deteriorating health.

My 2 questions are: will Abdullah choose Nayef as Crown Prince?(likely) and then in the long term, will the Allegiance Council choose a moderate, someone more-like Prince Salman to fill the role of Crown Prince upon Nayef taking over the Kingdom? I hope so.

edit on 21-10-2011 by greygary because: typos

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Well this is going to throw a ringer in the mix!!

Does anyone understand what kind of impact this can
have in the ring of fire middle east??

You've got the floor -- what do YOU think the impact will be?

Any thought?

Well, tell us what YOU think.

May he rest in peace?

You're still unsure, eh? You know that something happened, but you're not quite sure what happened, eh?

Come to the table with a little more info; it will make for a better quality thread.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

To be honest it was just breaking, I know the crown prince
but what kind of impact this could have I was unsure of.

That is where you come in?

Inform me!

This is what ATS is about.

So let it roll!!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This looks like an authoritative current source. Saudi succession

Sultan who is 80 years old is overweight and has had several ailments, including an intestinal cancer that required surgery and extended hospitalization in 2004. The uncertainty of Sultan�s health and possible incapacitation would re-shift the political sands in the desert kingdom.
Sultan�s reputation as corrupt earned him the title of �the Sultan of Thieves.� He holds a long list of official titles; Crown Prince, Minister of Defense, Aviation, and General Inspector, The head of the Supreme Council for the Preservation of Wild Life, the head of the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs, and the head of the Supreme Council of Islamic Dawah among others. In addition to billions of dollars of kickbacks he earned in the multi-billion arms deals from the United Kingdom and the US, Sultan has been accused of expropriating huge plots of land across the country from common citizens.

The death of Sultan would complicate the internal dynamics of the Al-Saud ruling tribe. This would be the first time that the crown prince dies before the King or is dismissed by him. While the Sudayris would want to install another Sudayri in place of Sultan, other brothers would want to move in their candidates on the coveted position.

According to Mr. Saad Al-Fagih the head of MIRA, who broke the news, Sultan�s death will make the picking of the next crown prince an issue of contention among the rival clans of Al-Saud. This could split the family even further, as a non-Sudayri crown prince would mark the decline of their powerful reign. It would be the first time since 1975 that they wouldn�t hold either the position of King or crown prince.

If you're interested, this looks like the best article I've seen and should answer all your questions (or explain why they can't be answered.)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Seems like a natural death.

They should have a succession set up.

I don't see a huge disruption here.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by greygary

That it definitely could. This means that Prince Nayef bin Abdul-Aziz Al Saud could be next in the succession, as he was 2nd in line.

For those who haven't followed the recent developments in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the privilege of voting in local elections was recently promised to women in 4 years time. Prince Nayef said in 2009, just a week after King Abdullah appointed a woman to a deputy minister post, that he sees the need for neither women or elections in government.

There has been jockeying going on for years over the line of succession since Abdullah took over from King Fahd (his half brother). The remaining Sudairi brothers have sought increasing power.
King Abdullah is 87, and has been reigning for 6 years. Nayef (a Sudadiri) is 78, so he is in the right age range to assume power, especially with Abdullah's gradual relinquishing of power due to his deteriorating health.

My 2 questions are: will Abdullah choose Nayef as Crown Prince?(likely) and then in the long term, will the Allegiance Council choose a moderate, someone more-like Prince Salman to fill the role of Crown Prince upon Nayef taking over the Kingdom? I hope so.

edit on 21-10-2011 by greygary because: typos

Oh I see, well I hope everything goes alright, I think they love that oil money
and they do not want to see people RIOT i know that. They want no arab spring there..

If an arab spring happened there I wonder what kind of SHTF would take place.

Good thing letting women vote, nothing wrong with that.

They should be able to drive too.!!
(wait maybe NOT
j/k)
edit on 22-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join