It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(real Manchurian candidate?) Derren Brown hypnotising to kill Tonight 9pm bst

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've seen DB live, and in the show, and in the program, he does make it clear that there are no actors used (although how true that is I'm not sure), some of the people who end up on stage, or talking to him are clearly not actors, and are genuine members of the audience, other times, I couldn't see the poeple talking, and it could well have been staged. At one point, he said that he had to stop as a police siren went past outside, now I assumed that I could actually here the police siren outside, but afterwards my wife told me that it's a very quiet theatre, and we couldn't hear anything outside, and that all the background noise was played in over speakers. again, how true that is I'm not sure.
so on the show on Friday, he did say that he attempted to hypnotise the entire audience, and that he couldn't show this bit on tv, in case anyone at home got hypnotised, and was then 'stuck in hypnosis' without having a way to be unhypnotised. He also said that he went through the audience to find four people who were acceptable to be his 'assassin', and then only one of those became the person chosen.
so obviously you have to have the right kind of mind - I don't think anyone on these forums would work, as we all question everything far too much.
my cousins boyfriend was one of the audience for the Assassin show - he put himself forward, answered the questions etc, and was free the weekend when it was filmed.
Derren did say during the program that a lot of what he does is relaxing the state of mind of the person so that they are very open to suggestion to such a point where when he says 'sleep' directly pointedly at them, they assume that it's going to work, and the automatic pathways of the brain kick in, and they sleep.
I've seen a trick, where you walk up to someone in the street, muttering utter giberish, and then you say something audible and clear like 'please give me ten pounds' and then carry on muttering, and because the person is struggling to work out what youre saying so much, they latch onto the one thing that they actually do understand, and give you ten pounds with very little idea that they are doing it, or why.

What Derren does is very interesting, and entertaining,

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join