It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain admitted to being pro-choice tonight, is his campaign over in the GOP?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Seems like he has a lot of answers for both sides of the arguments lately...

He was on the Piers Morgan Tonight show on CNN and they got around to abortion.

Cain said he was personally pro-life (even if it was instance of rape and deflected when Piers asked him if it was his own granddaughter) and Piers asked him to settle his answer, he said that it was a family issue, if the family decided that the abortion should happen, he wasn't going to stop them.

Do you guys think the conservative voters will look past that? I think he can walk past this if hes slick enough but if the mainstream media catches onto it and exposes him, its probably over.

Video to come when it gets posted.
edit on 20-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

He will blow this off easily.

If Romney can still be in the running even after he passed a similar version of Obamacare in Massachusetts, and still be in the running for president in a party that's against Obamacare, Cain will be just fine.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I am still surprised few had latched onto his 999 plan=666.... But he, along with everyone else is just a c*&^ blocker trying to keep Ron Paul from the Presidency.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
No, you are misconstruing what Cain said. He is against abortion in all circumstances, but feels it is not the governments right to tell a family what they should do in such a personal circumstance. In other words the government needs to mind its own business. He personally is very pro-life.

Mediate.com

Thanks
Pax

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I believe Herman Cain campaign is done for, NeoCons dont like nor cant stand Pro choice people or people with pro choices standings.

I am not sure how he can spin this out of it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sorry Double post.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

He will blow this off easily.

If Romney can still be in the running even after he passed a similar version of Obamacare in Massachusetts, and still be in the running for president in a party that's against Obamacare, Cain will be just fine.

Just for the record, Romneycare came along BEFORE Obamacare.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Seems like he has a lot of answers for both sides of the arguments lately...

He was on the Piers Morgan Tonight show on CNN and they got around to abortion.

Cain said he was personally pro-life (even if it was instance of rape and deflected when Piers asked him if it was his own granddaughter) and Piers asked him to settle his answer, he said that it was a family issue, if the family decided that the abortion should happen, he wasn't going to stop them.

Do you guys think the conservative voters will look past that? I think he can walk past this if hes slick enough but if the mainstream media catches onto it and exposes him, its probably over.

Video to come when it gets posted.

Very easily handled.

Cain: "Yes, I am Pro-Choice, and I choose to be Pro-Life".

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
In a normal election cycle you'd definitely be right. I believe that social wedge issues are going to be less important than at any time in recent history. It might cost him some single issue voters, but I don't think it is the campaign ending gaff it would be in a gop primary in normal times.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Yes he came off very pro-life, that was obvious to me but what he ended up saying was it was the family's decision if they wanted an abortion, that to me sounds pro-choice.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Cain will be saying nien,nien,nien meaning Nein Nein Nein, thinking no no no no no no no no no,no no no no no no no no no,no no no no no no no no no, nine nine nine, meaning 999, thinking it should be 10 10 10, but them Michele Bachmann would say 010101
ok that was for

like the GOP really cares at this point, wait till it is down to 3 then worry if he is still in , but yea he is done so is mitt and perry so that leaves , Newt, Bachmann ,that's my man Paul , and huntsman.
The GOP's only real hope is Paul, but then he is un "fed" so he is out,by GOP
(say it aint so) GOP yea so.
Newt Gingrich or as i say Gin g rich, to me he's out GOP his in.
Huntsman
he is, he's not, he is, he's not, is he?? GOP?? like we know, when will he debate?
Bachmann now here is a real Crowd Pleaser bible thumping SP acting candidate, GOP not even.
this is just my view.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Yes he came off very pro-life, that was obvious to me but what he ended up saying was it was the family's decision if they wanted an abortion, that to me sounds pro-choice.

What he means is IT IS NOT THE GOVERNMENT'S BUSINESS. He is very much against abortion in all circumstances except to save the mother's life. That makes him pro- life not pro choice.

Thanks.
Pax

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
No, you are misconstruing what Cain said. He is against abortion in all circumstances, but feels it is not the governments right to tell a family what they should do in such a personal circumstance. In other words the government needs to mind its own business. He personally is very pro-life.

The term "Pro-life" is a political term meaning:

Advocating the legal protection of human embyos and fetuses, especially by favoring the outlawing of abortion on the ground that it is the taking of a human life.

free dictionary

Cain does NOT advocate the legal protection of the fetus. He is pro-choice. (the family or woman should make the CHOICE, not the government). That IS the position of pro-choice. His personal views on abortion are irrelevant. And I share his position. I would never have an abortion, even if I was raped, but I am pro-choice, meaning no government in the decision.
edit on 10/20/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ron Paul is Pro-Life but also says it's a states issue. Keeping the Government out of our lives has been his stance for years.

Cain on the other hand has a BIG MOUTH
...and it's gotten him in trouble more than once. How many times can this guy say, "That's not what I meant" before the mainstream public sees right through him? Sorry, I kinda like the guy but he reminds me of Ed Kotch, the former NYC mayor. Great mayor who spoke his mind but would have been a horrible President.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Herman Cain can say one thing this morning, dismiss it by the afternoon, and by dinner he has designs on entirely something new. It just depends what media outlet he happens to be talking to at the time.

He has flip flopped so many times already within the past 3 weeks I really, really have a hard time believing that anyone actually supports this guy.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Only extreme far social religious right will look at this twice. Most repulicans will have no problem with his answer. Smaller government is what the tea party wants and he is saying it is none of the Governments business.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Here is Mr. Cain being extremely unclear on his positions, even made the gentleman to his right literally drop his jaw in confusion.

I was waiting for him to settle on his answer...

If I can get it right though, he firmly believes life starts at conception and that abortion should NOT be legal but if somebody wanted to break the law to do it, he's not going to stop them because the government has no say in what people/family do!?

I promised I would put the Piers Morgan Tonight video up so here it is:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
Herman Cain can say one thing this morning, dismiss it by the afternoon, and by dinner he has designs on entirely something new. It just depends what media outlet he happens to be talking to at the time.

He has flip flopped so many times already within the past 3 weeks I really, really have a hard time believing that anyone actually supports this guy.

That seems to be the majority of opinion on Cain - - IMO.

He can be infectious and slick. Not my kind of person.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
If I can get it right though, he firmly believes life starts at conception and that abortion should NOT be legal but if somebody wanted to break the law to do it, he's not going to stop them because the government has no say in what people/family do!?

He states in that video that he is "pro-life" and he also states that abortion should be illegal. BUT he also says that it's not government's business and it's the woman's choice. CLEARLY, Mr. Cain is trying to play both sides of the fence on this one. He's saying what he thinks people want to hear, but doesn't want to alienate either side... He's pro-life AND pro-choice! The candidate for everyman!

Have some huevos, Mr. Cain. State your position.
I'll not hold my breath.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Actually the government needs to be involved to ensure that the wishes of the family can actually be respected and followed. If it's going to be legal, then it needs to be protected through legal methods, to prevent this sort of thing we're seeing with ultra-fundie pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions they personally disagree with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join