It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Therapy for Pre-Teen Transgender Patient Raises Questions

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I accept the gay, lesbian, and bi-sexual community, but many of us do not. I just don't want the most common misconceptions about us perpetuated on ATS. I've had to denounce all of these things, over and over.

One more bit of manure that I noticed pages ago, that has to be mentioned, is infections. We are at a greater risk for infections than genetic girls, but it's not high enough to be a real problem. We're not dirty, and we're not nasty. We just get a bad rep because sex workers with our unique physiology are in high demand, and they count towards our group statistics as well, even though they're more transvestite than they are transgendered. These are people that do not go to an endocrinologist four times a year for blood work, and may not practice safe sex. That's why they're dirty, not because they're transgendered.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

If someone is trained to pick up on the signs, they're very clear, and very different than a "normal" person. If it doesn't get treatment, it can result in even more mental problems, like bi-polar. I don't mean mild bi-polar, I mean really bad throwing things and screaming at people type of bi-polar. If they let this pass now, it could bother the child later on in life, much more so than simple ADHD.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Also the reason statistically, gay, lesbian or transgender have higher infection rates is also because we are more likely to get tested that your average hetero folk. Awareness of HIV and STD's was a big movement in those communities over the last 20 years.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I go to an endocrinologist four times a year and get tested with my blood work. It's true that we're more aware of our health than some other people.

edit on 19-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Annee,
I don't agree with ADHD meds... it's wrong and screws the kids up.

And are we now equating this with Autism? Autism is a clearly defined mental disorder that causes a person to not act in a way that is "normal" with the rest of society.

So are you now saying that transgenderism is a mental defect that needs to be medicated?

Apples and oranges.

Have you had an ADHD child?

Have you had a child of the Autism spectrum? Do you even know what that means?

I am saying a parent tries to find the best way to treat their child.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by Annee

I accept the gay, lesbian, and bi-sexual community, but many of us do not. I just don't want the most common misconceptions about us perpetuated on ATS. I've had to denounce all of these things, over and over.

I definitely didn't mean all. And I totally appreciate your direct honesty.

The misconceptions - ignorance - and insults make me angry. I can't even imagine how you deal with it.

I've educated myself - - - but I know it stops there. I don't live it. I would have to live it to fully understand.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I saw this documentary a while ago. It tells about several caes whee the child wanted to be of the opposite gender. I remember in one case that the hormones blocker was administraded so that that child could wait a couple of years to be sure of his decision. Parents interviewed and so on. Woth watching it if you are interested in the matter, cause I saw some very idiotic and emotionally driven responses here. Homophobes have their logic flawed due to their emotional response in this kind of subject.

What would ou do if our child was one of them ? I'm not planning having a kid right now, so I save mself from this question at present.

6 parts, 1hour.
edit on 19-10-2011 by piett because: lenght info

edit on 19-10-2011 by piett because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by Annee

wait.... Transgenders dont agree with gays? *Mind blown*

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Annee,

And are we now equating this with Autism? Autism is a clearly defined mental disorder that causes a person to not act in a way that is "normal" with the rest of society.

So are you now saying that transgenderism is a mental defect that needs to be medicated?

Apples and oranges.

Errr.. I dont agree with ADHD meds either. I think they are bad and most times (MOST) the kids are actually fine, but the school goes all like "OMG ADHD GET HIM MEDS!" and than when they give him meds, They actually develop adhd from the meds. we are causing this health issue.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Would you say that same thing if the parents were straight?

IMO it's the kid's choice.

Wait so kids are not allowed to engage in sexual activities but are old enough to change sex???? extra DIV

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Would you say that same thing if the parents were straight?

IMO it's the kid's choice.

Wait so kids are not allowed to engage in sexual activities but are old enough to change sex????

according to political correctness, Yes. extra DIV

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
according to political correctness, Yes.

tell me about it

Political correctness has run amok
It has become a cancer upon society

Even if you have an intelligent and moral point to make you should shut up because of political correctness

I don`t know what is happening to humanity but it is beyond scary, it is something else
It is a twisted sick movie made by a pedo that got banned in every country on the planet

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

according to political correctness, Yes.

tell me about it

Political correctness has run amok
It has become a cancer upon society

Even if you have an intelligent and moral point to make you should shut up because of political correctness

I don`t know what is happening to humanity but it is beyond scary, it is something else
It is a twisted sick movie made by a pedo that got banned in every country on the planet

im 50/50 on PC, I like some of it, but others (like the whole "Christmas" ordeal) is insane.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There is no such thing as trans-gender or trans-sexual.

Men are men and women are women no matter what part of your body you mutilate or change.

You can wish it all you want but it isn't going to change.

What you are born as is what you will be for the rest of your life.

A man can wish to be a rabbit all he wants but he isnt going to be a rabbit. He can eat as many carrots and as much lettuce as he wishes but its not going to turn him into a rabbit. He can even have a fluffy white tail sewed onto his ass but its not going to change who and what he is.

Thinking otherwise is just delusional.

People can mutilate their bodies as much as they want or take as many hormones as they want but they can't change what their Maker made them -- Male or Female -- it's either or. There is no in-between.

Transgender is just a psycological condition. It's a philosophy perpetrated by TPTB to corrupt even the most sacred of things --- who and what we are.

We are who we are and that's the truth of the matter

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe

Men are men and women are women no matter what part of your body you mutilate or change.

A man can wish to be a rabbit all he wants but he isnt going to be a rabbit. He can eat as many carrots and as much lettuce as he wishes but its not going to turn him into a rabbit. He can even have a fluffy white tail sewed onto his ass but its not going to change who and what he is.

People can mutilate their bodies as much as they want or take as many hormones as they want but they can't change what their Maker made them -- Male or Female -- it's either or. There is no in-between.

Transgender is just a psycological condition. It's a philosophy perpetrated by TPTB to corrupt even the most sacred of things --- who and what we are.

1. Transgender and Transexuals exist by definiton.
2. Although Transexuals may not completely convert to the other sex, any cross dresser is a transgender. Again I prove you wrong.
3. At first you say they do not exist, but than you say that transgender is just a ppsycological condition. You seem to be contradicting yourself.
4. Ugggh this number has 2 parts:
a. REALLY? ANOTHER GAY AGENDA FREAK OUT THERE? IM GAY AND I HAVE NO DEISIRE TO CORRUPT YOU. LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE ALONE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
b. What does TPTB mean?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

You are taking him too literally
He isn`t wrong, you both are just not on the same page therefore reading different books

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

Well obviously there is such a thing as transgender people and trans-sexual, I mean a couple people on this thread have said as much.

And whatever the reasons, the facts stand to reason.

But you cant reason with the fact that it is, or else we would not be arguing about this whole thing to begin with, now would we? After all it's right in front of your face, you would have to be blind to not see it, and some seem to push it right in your face, so touchy and pushy some people are.

Anyway's, no doubt they have there reasons. You can wish it away all you want, but it ain't going to go away or change the fact that it exists. Whatever the causes, and reasons, and effects,...it is what it is.

What do I think....People are strange, but I already knew that....So what else is new?
edit on 19-10-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Annee,

Apples and oranges.

Errr.. I dont agree with ADHD meds either. I think they are bad and most times (MOST) the kids are actually fine, but the school goes all like "OMG ADHD GET HIM MEDS!" and than when they give him meds, They actually develop adhd from the meds. we are causing this health issue.

I actually had an ADHD daughter.

While I used strict diet - exercise - special instruction etc. One does not fit all.

And not every Transgender child is going to consider Hormone blockers.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Want To Believe

1. Transgender and Transexuals exist by definiton.
2. Although Transexuals may not completely convert to the other sex, any cross dresser is a transgender. Again I prove you wrong.
3. At first you say they do not exist, but than you say that transgender is just a ppsycological condition. You seem to be contradicting yourself.
4. Ugggh this number has 2 parts:
a. REALLY? ANOTHER GAY AGENDA FREAK OUT THERE? IM GAY AND I HAVE NO DEISIRE TO CORRUPT YOU. LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE ALONE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!
b. What does TPTB mean?

Ok we can do it that way.

1. Yes transgender and transexuals do exist but that wasn't the point I'm making. You can't physically be trans-gender or trans-sexual. It's impossible. The point I was making was that we are who we are and we cant change that with some wishfull thinking. Just because you wear the opposite genders clothes and act either more masculine or feminine doesn't really prove anything. It's just that-- acting.

2. All the terms such as Trans-gender or Trans-sexual are considered to be both medical and psycological terms indicating a type or sort of behavior.

3. I wasn't having a "gay-freakout" as you called it. I have no problem with homosexuals. Homosexuality is a choice and it's your choice to make and I dont begrude anyone the freedom of choice. In fact if you want to go out and cut off your penis and balls and get a vagina instead I have no problem with that. Its your choice to make but it is a futile action as it accomplishes nothing tword the goal in mind.

4. TBTB stands for "The Powers That Be". Its a reference to "the man" or "the gov" or the people pulling the strings.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

I think that too often parents want to pretend their precious little someone is suffering from some sort of malady rather than take blame, and then dose their children. I also think a number of doctors would rather hand out the drug, get the extra bills for seeing the children/placate the parents so they don't go elsewhere. The drugs themselves don't cause ADHD though, and I don't think the schools are generally complicit in the drugging of our youth. They point out the problem, parents can't accept blame, doctor doesn't want to lose clients, kid gets drugs for no reason.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join