It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats with all the "occupy" threads lately??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
is it just me...or is anyone else annoyed by the bombartment of all these occupy walstreet this..occupy canada that..etc etc..

if you ask me..this is part of a bigger plan...and the whole movement is full of "bandwagonners" or youth with misguided and misplaced concepts or ideas of true freedom and liberty.

there is more to this "movement" than meets the eye...and i can assure you that nothing positive will arise from this.

enough with the occupy threads...this is ABOVE TOP SECRET...NOT msnbc or cnn....

i rant about the "occupy" threads..however in doing so i am still creating an "occupy" thread..oh the irony
edit on 16-10-2011 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I still have a shaky grasp on what exactly they are protesting(or who). Someone explained to me personally, but others have consistently contradicted that

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Don't you realize by now that ATS threads follow trends? Just a month or two ago it was bombarded with Ron Paul threads, now it's "Occupy." Trends of culture.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
well for ages we have all been saying we need to stand up and do something against the powers that be now alot of the world are doing just that and are protesting all over in the hundreds of thousands on the streets all is not what it seems well what do you actually want to do

you people drive me insane you really do

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yeah I was going to mention the irony.

But after reading your post I should mention the cynicism.

Nothing happens unless you believe its going to happen. Dont stomp on people's hope because you have none.

Occupy is what many of us on ATS have been waiting for. What have you been waiting for?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdMind

And don't forget the six months of elenin we had before that.

Yeah but seriously. The protests aren't going to achieve anything. One month later and nothing has changed.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Thats because demands havent really been made yet...

This is only the first phase... the awakening

November anonymous is supposed to be releasing phase 2... stay tuned

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

I can't even mention what I have been waiting for in fear that the rcmp will show up to arrest me for conspiracy to commit treason lol. Kidding.

But seriously though. A peaceful protest?? TPTB are laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's bound to happen. This is the closest North America has ever been to a revolution in recent times. Of course people are going to talk about it on a conspiracy site like ATS. The general population is starting wake up and pay attention to issues that people who frequent ATS have known about for a long time.

This is a good thing, if you don't like the threads then just skip them.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Have you actually gone out to a protest? I went to Occupy Toronto yesterday... Yes it is still unorganised, its essentially a whole bunch of people, all different ages, sexes, religions, political preferences trying to come to as much of a consensus as possible... I wish all these people critisizing this movement would actually get off their ass and see if they can do a better job. And if they can, good job, I'm sure we would all appreciate it... This is about humanity COMING TOGETHER against our common enemy... There are just to many people who are scared to be called a "leftist, marxist, communist"..... "Everybody's talkin' bout Bagism, Shagism, Dragism, Madism, Ragism, Tagism This-ism, that-ism, isn't it the most?Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout Minister, Sinister, Banisters and Canisters,
Bishops, Fishops, Rabbis, and Pop Eyes, Bye bye, Bye byes. Ev'rybody's talkin' 'bout Revolution, Evolution, Masturbation, Flagellation, Regulation, Integrations, mediations, United Nations, congratulations.

ALL WE ARE SAYING IS GIVE PEACE A CHANCE!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
is it just me...or is anyone else annoyed by the bombartment of all these occupy walstreet this..occupy canada that..etc etc..

if you ask me..this is part of a bigger plan...and the whole movement is full of "bandwagonners" or youth with misguided and misplaced concepts or ideas of true freedom and liberty.

there is more to this "movement" than meets the eye...and i can assure you that nothing positive will arise from this.

enough with the occupy threads...this is ABOVE TOP SECRET...NOT msnbc or cnn....

i rant about the "occupy" threads..however in doing so i am still creating an "occupy" thread..oh the irony
edit on 16-10-2011 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

Im sorry to say that you are the one misguided, programmed and deeply conditioned to be afraid. You are not following your own instinct, but an very old pattern of agression, and separation. Time to wake up my friend.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab

. What have you been waiting for?

those who rise against their masters will get slaughtered...the problem isn't wallstret...or the banks..the problem goes much deeper and further than that...you cant even begin to wrap your head around what the real problem is...

for now you shall remain distracted while those who plot make their next move..

pawns

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

Awakening or not there is not enough people involved yet. They represent a small portion of the population. As long as the general public continues to go to work and pay their taxes then itself business as usual for TPTB. One hundred years ago we had general strikes and tons of civil unrest and it was barely enough to get the ball rolling.

And anonymous?? Ill believe that when I see it. I'm still waiting for Facebook to be wiped out.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by doctornamtab

But seriously though. A peaceful protest?? TPTB are laughing all the way to the bank.

true in more ways than one

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

those who rise against their masters will get slaughtered...the problem isn't wallstret...or the banks..the problem goes much deeper and further than that...you cant even begin to wrap your head around what the real problem is...

pawns

Well Wall Streets a start right? You probably started out criticizing government and economics and then moved onto the real players behind the scenes. So who are they? Who would you protest?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
#OCCUPY ATS!!

1% of the topics controls 99% of the Realtime new topics list !!

Down with occupy threads!

Oh wait -

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I haven't opened most of them, but there is one little thing about it that does slightly annoy me.

Wall Street is a street in NYC. It's not going anywhere. People can occupy whatever the hell they want, but 'Occupy Wall Street' is not going to relocate.

"'Occupy Wall Street' is headed to (insert city name here)!!"

Nope. It's not gonna move.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

As for the OP I know what you mean. I think there is more to this too. It all seems so engineered. The semi professional websites. The massive media coverage and propaganda. Right down to these celebrities that make a cameo here and there. It almost seems like a commercial.

Now all it will take is a false flag. A planted bomb, a shooting, something. Then the real fight begins. The other protests around the world will become violent to protest the police brutality and martial law will he declared. Since these protests are world wide and because people will he in open revolt a specialized anti resistance police force will be mobilized. Protestors will be charged with treason and terrorism.

Thanks for the police state.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

pawns

Well Wall Streets a start right? You probably started out criticizing government and economics and then moved onto the real players behind the scenes. So who are they? Who would you protest?

you see...the the current state that all the worlds governments are in at the moment, can not be changed.. people cant know this..people need hope they need goals..so they are kept distracted.

i cant say where i get my information from, as well as how much i say...

however this movement, is part of the plan...we are being lead to believe that we are paving the way to a revolution, however the road has been already paved..i sense the "hope" in the words you typed...and by all means please stick to that hope...

no revolution will be achieved without violence

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It is my understanding these are some of the demands.

"As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon
corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and
those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the
people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the
Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic
power.

We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest
over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled
here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.

-They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage. They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.
They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one's skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.

-They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system
through monopolization. They have profited off of the torture, confinement,and cruel treatment of countless animals, and actively hide these practices.They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay andsafer working conditions. They have held students hostage with tens
of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers'healthcare and pay. They have influenced the courts to achievethe same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.

-They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance. They have sold our privacy as a commodity.They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press. They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit. They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce. They have donated large sums of money to politicians, who are responsible for regulating them. They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil. They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people's lives or provide relief in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantial profit.They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.

-They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media. They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad. They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts. To the people of the world, we, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power.Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone.
To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy,we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.
Join us and make your voices heard!"

~The statement issued from Zuccotti Park, by the general assembly, at Occupy Wall Street.

Now please tell me what you disagree with this. Personally I find it hard to misunderstand what they stand for, its the same thing I stand for. Equality and Responsibility.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join