It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what you call IRAQI freedom?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A picture tells a 1000 word. Bush is a criminal!

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaxatron
A picture tells a 1000 word. Bush is a criminal!

I know, it's totally horrifying. Those people will be scarred for life.

english.aljazeera.net...

[Edited on 8-4-2003 by Lie Detector]

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I guess we should forget about this then???

www.terrorismvictims.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Was there a news story associated with that picture?

The file name is '1_1998_1_6.jpg' - possibly from the year 1998 ?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
www.phrusa.org...

It could never get as bad as what is above

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here is the full link:

CLICK

Dragonrider you don't have an argument here, you cannot justify this! Two wrongs do not make it right!

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
your link leads to.....

Content-Length: 0
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

//global.asa, line 64

Invalid ProgID.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Zax, first of all, the link doesnt work, at least not for me.

Second of all, the US is guilty of FAR FEWER attrocities than Iraq. Such things do unfortunately happen during wartime. However, 911 was an unprovoked attack on a civilian population during peacetime, with the specific intent to kill civilians. The majority of civilian causualties in Iraq are due to the insensitivity of the Iraqi military who is happy to intentionally position military assets right next to schools.

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Anyway it is the aljazeera english page.

english.aljazeera.net... . Try it again. It might be overloaded temporarily. The link works.

BTW I am not an arab, just something I found searching

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
this is what happens when you allow terrorists to think they wont be attacked. 5,000 is the number from 9/11 I am from NY and yes the Iraqi people are being freed. The day of the dictators who rule by fist are coming to a end. these religious organizations who caryy out these acts in the name of GOD. this is BS wake up everyone. the US is the target for everything.. its about time the US get off its ass and do something about it.. I am tired of everyone sticking up for Saddam Hussein. the man is a war criminal, rapes his own people, kills them, what kind of person are you to call bush an idiot for liberating Iraq. The message the US sent out was no more BS in the middile east. if you attack american soil., embassy's there will be retaliation and it will be swift and thorough... thats the dam message..

where is the patriotism. my father is marine - retired.. respect abnd pray for our troops over there.....

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I am sure al J won't show the pitcures of those tortured, killed and brutalized by Saddam. Any Arab network is going to try to make the US look bad since they are all run by dictator countries who's leaders are in fear of being next. Al J doesn't show any of the people who are rejoicing, waving to the coalition, or cheering, all they show are hurt civillians (something that while sad, is unavoidable). I mean, what if the world decided not to take on hitler for fear that innocent germans might be hurt? I know, kind of pushing it on that analogy, but just trying to make a point, not so much compare.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It just shows a kid missing his arms.

Sadly it gives no source, no broad view so we can tell where it is, and no date.

Most likely, this is something Saddam did to the kid, more reason to go in there.

Anyone who thinks we shouldn't be liberating Iraq, must seriously re-evaluate their intelligence.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is actual reportage from aljazeera.

english.aljazeera.net...

Just copy & paste in your address bar

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Al-Jazeera....yeah, there's an "objective" news outlet....
Good source to see the other side of the coin, but about as accurate as the Iraqi Dis-Information Minister....

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You ought to be fined a dollar for quoting anything AlJazeera has to say.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Their links don't work anyway..probably their speed demon 386 servers. Always wondered where those old dinosaurs go.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The kid with no arms is real, it was done by 'coalition' bombing and it was very recent. It was in a lot of British papers yesterday.

I just heard a reporter on the radio saying that Basra is 'decending into anarchy' with large gangs roaming the city and stripping shops, homes and hotels bare. There is no working police force and the British have said that's not their role. "others will come in later to do all that" a commander said in the same report.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If you download the picture as a binary file (you can do it in Mac OSX, not sure how to do it in Windows) it won't alter the file information when you save it. I did this, openined it in Photoshop, and looked at the file information. The "creation date" of the JPEG is June 1, 1998.

This folks, is a piece of disinformation from Al Jezzera (what a surprise), using a five year old picture to distort reality.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Don't feel bad though...propaganda seems rampant from both sides, and the truth is more elusive here than in any previous war....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join