It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop will soon be able to DE-BLURR images-potentiall use on Roswell memo photo!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

I use Matlab a lot for astronomy and microscopy, but this is what you can do with it ....

Original image

image with noise and blurring added

image with noise and blurring removed

if you are really into UFO's and want to see what you can get from your images, I would suggest going the Matlab way. There are also GPL equivalents available, just Google it. One day if I have time, and get some really good pics of supposedly UFO's I can try my hand at it, but I use it generally for other stuff

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSZOMBIE
Now imagine if we could run this on that famous shot of Roswell memo paper photo it could seriously damage the cover up op?! Thoughts?

so your saying you could then use photoshop to 'enhance' data on an old photo?

Well... then the skeptics can really scream "PHOTOSHOPPED"

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
This is pure amazing. Imagine all of the old time photo's or picture that are blurred that people are skeptical over that we can debunk or give credit to!

BUT what IF the blur in the photos of the UFO is caused by the EM field surrounding that UFO as part of the propulsion system? In that case the 'blur' is light scattering from the force field. No way photoshop can see through that

A modern example... blur cause by heat distortion from a jet exhaust. No use your tools on THIS one and clear it up, and I might be convinced it will work on blurry UFO's

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by greybeard1
This was already posted twice....
here
www.abovetopsecret.com...[/url]
and here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Posts like yours don't exactly help... Next time, instead of making an off topic post, try just alerting the mods.

That said, this is a pretty cool feature they are adding to photoshop. One thing that came to mind for me are all those blurry "bigfoot" photos. maybe this could help determine how many are just guys in Gorilla costumes, you know?

Very cool.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Gwampo
This is pure amazing. Imagine all of the old time photo's or picture that are blurred that people are skeptical over that we can debunk or give credit to!

BUT what IF the blur in the photos of the UFO is caused by the EM field surrounding that UFO as part of the propulsion system? In that case the 'blur' is light scattering from the force field. No way photoshop can see through that

You talk as if you have a detailed knowledge of ET space craft..... Which you don't.

That said, this is a tool that takes blurry images and makes them not so blurry. It is not some magical tool that defies physics. That is true.

But it will help to make blurry photos not so blurry which will help in a lot of cases...

Not just UFO cases.... How about those pesky Bigfoot? We can maybe un blur all those photos and see if it is just a guy in a costume, perhaps?

There are many possible applications here....

Don't over think it so much.
edit on 14-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

so your saying you could then use photoshop to 'enhance' data on an old photo?

Well... then the skeptics can really scream "PHOTOSHOPPED"

The only thing being said is that this tool takes blurry photos... and it makes them not so blurry....

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

But I can see where the OP is getting this idea for the roswell memo... In the video, the man shows a picture of a poster he took with his cell phone. The words were to blurry to read. After running it through this tool.. You can read the text....

So... Not sure what you find so funny.

off to other threads!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
You talk as if you have a detailed knowledge of ET space craft..... Which you don't.

Well actually... I do This particular form of propulsion was first discussed by Herman Oberth in the 30's. Your statement is arrogant and typical of debunkers. You have no idea what I may or may not know

If you wish to deny your ignorance then just google Oberth and electric spaceships. After all that is why your here right?... to deny ignorance?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well actually... I do This particular form of propulsion was first discussed by Herman Oberth in the 30's. Your statement is arrogant and typical of debunkers. You have no idea what I may or may not know

If you wish to deny your ignorance then just google Oberth and electric spaceships. After all that is why your here right?... to deny ignorance?

I know damn well you have no knowledge of ET space craft... so don't try to claim that you do.You know about electric propulsion... Made by men. Not ET....

Deny ignorance yourself. Did I say this form of propulsion does not exist? No. I said you don't know now about ET spacecraft...You may know about a propulsion system, but for you to imply that you know about the engines of alien space craft?

Really? You must really think I am ignorant if you expect me to believe you have a flying saucer from mars in your garage that you have been studying.

And I am not a debunker! I believe in UFO's and have seen UFO's myself....

But hey, if it is arrogant of me to point out that you in fact do not know anything about alien space craft and their engines.... than I am arrogant as can be.

Nice try though... Unless you can show us this Space craft built by aliens from another planet,you have that runs off the propulsion system, you are talking about...

If you expect me to believe that you know about alien space craft, as opposed to a propulsion system...Then I am not the ignorant one here.

Now I am laughing at who ever starred you for making the claim that you know about alien space craft, when all you are talking about is a man made propulsion system....

Until you can admit that you don't know about alien space craft... We are done here.

No, in fact.... We are just done.

See you around the boards, Chief.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I suppose this technology will be used in criminal cases too, possibly for poor quality CCTV footage or speeding camera finds etc.

I remember a peodophile case were the guy used a huge amount of 'swirl' on pictures that showed his face, to distort his face to a totally unrecognised mash. The police I think contacted Adobe and asked their boffins to try and undo the 'swirl' effect on the pictures.

Thus uncovering the bastards face.
edit on 14/10/11 by EnigmaAgent because: xtra text

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Now this is a bad example. The jet produces a stream of hot air which distorts the surrounding air randomly.
You cannot deblur this image as you would need to deblur each single pixel, Find out exact pixel positions, correct the object's angle / motion, adjust level of contrast, brightness, etcetera. Deblurring only works when the object moved in max 4 directions. I have succesfully corrected motion blur of objects in three directions but never achieved proper results with more directions. The photoshop programme will never be able to deblur such an image as it is technically impossible. Futhermore a programme that analyses a picture needs to have an instruction first what it has to look for. Computers are not capable of seeing things in the way humans do. Take a picture of a million white pixels and than put 1000 black pixels in the shape of a pyramid with 10.000 pixels apart and a computer will not be able to see the pyramid. Only the human brain can do this.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I wonder, would this work on all of the "Rod" pictures. Some claim they're some kind of inter-dimensional species and others say they're nothing more than motion-blurred insects. This software sounds like it could finally put that mystery to rest once and for all.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Just, no. It's only intended to fix blurring caused by camera shake etc. You still cannot make up information in a pic that's not there anymore. As someone wrote earlier, kind of like a reverse motion-blur.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1967sander
Now this is a bad example.

Hmmm... well If I had a high res picture of a UFO in a force field bubble I would gladly use that but the visual effect is the same

But perhaps the concept of high em or gravity fields around a saucer is beyond most peoples comprehension and thus we will always hear "Why can't anyone get a clear picture?"

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Really? You must really think I am ignorant if you expect me to believe you have a flying saucer from mars in your garage that you have been studying.

Well believe what you wish, and if I could I would show you the schematic of one of their star drives, but I have been asked to keep that confidential. And frankly your need to know is not as great as my need to keep my insiders trust

And then there is Bob's sport model
but that one is a different system.
BTW he has a new current Los Alamos badge...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
You know, no one here knows the true nature of the technology that Adobe has developed to de-blur images. It is obviously something that no one else has perfected to the degree as demonstrated. They may have hit on a discovery that is truly astounding, and there may be no precedent for it.

Saying that, many on here are convinced that it cannot do things to certain kinds of distorted images, but you are saying that without knowing exactly how they are doing this process! It could have nothing to do with the way we currently clean up photographs. Why not just let them come out with this process, and then make your criticism after you have tried it on your own test subjects. IMHO, give Adobe a break and applaud what you have seen so far.

S&F to OP for a great contribution.
edit on 15-10-2011 by charlyv because: clarity

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

So, did someone get around to sending the photo to the photoshop dev't team? What happened?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

Sounds like this tool will keep believers and debunkers busy for some time. Long live the debates.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

I'd start compiling as many images as you can before our gov makes them de-blur proof. Start with the oldest images you can get.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It is my experience in computers, that anything that is new, as in the " de blurring" tool fro Adobe, will
soon be circumvented, by More new stuff that will fox Adobe's new tool.

I t will work in the meantime, but anything that is muchly sensitive will start disappearing of the Internet.
In fact, I wouldn't mind betting that, that process has already started.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
That is one hell of a tool ... I really would love to see what this picture looks like un-blurred

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join