It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photoshop will soon be able to DE-BLURR images-potentiall use on Roswell memo photo!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I just saw this amazing new feature from Adobe

www.youtube.com...#!

Now imagine if we could run this on that famous shot of Roswell memo paper photo it could seriously damage the cover up op?! Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My thoughts are that this is fantastic!

Will the same princile also apply on blurred images from the moon, mars, and other places?

This could be the breakthrough that "those in power" do not wish us to have.

This could be very amazing for us indeed!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think this is to reverse motion-blur. Unfortunately, I don't think this process will help much with the Roswell memo.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSZOMBIE

How ist this possible?
There is no way to "restore" information that is missing in the original picture.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If it is to reduce motion blur, could this help with some of the UFO pictures taken that are blurred?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is pure amazing. Imagine all of the old time photo's or picture that are blurred that people are skeptical over that we can debunk or give credit to!

I work in photoshop every day and really appreciate this new tool. absolutely amazing

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
I think this is to reverse motion-blur. Unfortunately, I don't think this process will help much with the Roswell memo.

In the video he shows an picture of a poster he took with his cell phone, but the text is too blurry to read.

once he waved his magic photoshop wand over it... Voila ... readable text.

It looks like an amazingly useful tool

edit on 10/14/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

link   
As a photographer, this is more exciting than as a conspiracy theorist! This will save a bundle of wedding shots that may have had slight auto focus issues.

On topic: Anyone wishing to refute future successful de-blurs of space photos can just say "oh thats been photoshopped" here's the original, they pasted that in over this "artifact". Also, if NASA (or whomever does the photo-fakery for them) used a clone technique, then a blur, de-blurring wouldn't show the original, just clear cloned parts.

link   
Gwampo,

Can you give us more information about this tool - if you are aware of any?

I am very curious as to how this may work, and the potential benefits of this utility.

Regards,

~Matt

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is pretty cool. I can't wait to see the Roswell document put through this. Maybe we can put an end to that debate.
edit on 14-10-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This was already posted twice....
here
www.abovetopsecret.com...[/url]
and here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hungry4truth
As a photographer, this is more exciting than as a conspiracy theorist! This will save a bundle of wedding shots that may have had slight auto focus issues.

This will not fix "focus" issues it will only fix "blurring" due to motion shake. For it to work the subject will have had to have been correctly focused before the shot was taken.

when motion blur occurs on a correctly focused photo all the correct image data is still in the picture , its just shifted slightly to one side, kind of smeared. "Blurring" is caused by not using a tripod or due to an incorrect shutter speed to match the cameras physical movement (ie taking a picture of a moving object like a plane , race car or maybe UFO).

The algorithm that photoshop is developing will calculate how much the camera moved during the exposure time (the time when the film or sensors were first exposed to the light that makes up the image to when the shutter closes) and in which direction and then pulls all the data back to the correct position. Anti shake would have been a better description of the filter.

Being a photographer myself i cant wait to get my hands on it.

edit on 14-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
this wont help with roswell memos as they are blacked out, not blurred out from motion. This would be a great tool for new and old UFO photos. Will this work with video as well?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

They're talking about this memo, which wasn't blacked out, but blurry (but the blur wasn't caused by motion blur):

www.ufocasebook.com...

It's an old photo with General Ramey holding a memo.
edit on 14-10-2011 by Junkheap because: The horrible blue furry things

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

I believe the computer algorithm, by "looking" for existing and consistent patterns in the pixels, is able to calculate and track the exact motion that caused the blur and then mathematically reverses it.

You can see in the vid there is a small black box on the right that displays the calculated motion as a white squiggle.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
wont help at all with the ramey memo . The reason you can't read the text is because its too small.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Sorry to temper the enthusiasm but this photoshop trick is OLD NEWS. I have been using motion deblur since 5 years. There are plenty of forensic programmes available that alrerady do this. Law enforcement agencies and microbiologists use it, so does NASA and the military.

Greetz,

Sander

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

Oh ok, sorry about that. It will be interesting to see what comes of that.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1967sander

Sorry to temper the enthusiasm but this photoshop trick is OLD NEWS. I have been using motion deblur since 5 years. There are plenty of forensic programmes available that alrerady do this. Law enforcement agencies and microbiologists use it, so does NASA and the military.

Greetz,

Sander

Not to mention the tools available once you are beyond Photoshop, just think Matlab and all the possibilities there, but then you need to have a technical mind .........

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I guess you mean the Ramey memo. I downloaded an image of it and wrote a program that attempts to enhance it. I'll have to look for a better image to work with and toy with the subroutines a little more, but it's hard to get anything out of it. We don't know yet if Photoshop's new algorithms can do it well enough.

Here's the first test of my quickie homegrown program dedicated to this task:

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join