It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm So Sick of the HYPOCRISY!!! Haven't you had ENOUGH?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I know I can't be the only one who is sick and tired of the hypocrisy of our politicians and our Government. I get frustrated and angry whenever I hear stories of hypocrisy when it comes to the laws that are supposed to "protect" us from ourselves. I'm going to list a few different examples (1 link example for each just to keep it from being cluttered) and I will start with;

1.) Raw milk vs. Farming Industry - salmonella and listeria outbreaks.

Whenever I hear news of a salmonella outbreak that kills a dozen people and infects many more dozen people, I always think of the raw milk and cheese farmers who get shut down by SWAT teams for selling "dangerous" food to the public. What about the many legally sold foods that cause deaths every single year???

Example:

Listeria Outbreak from cantaloupe melons kills 13 people in U.S.

listeria outbreak linked to cantaloupes from Colorado has killed 13 people and infected 59 others, US health officials have said. The food-borne outbreak is the deadliest in the US in more than a decade, exceeding the 2008-2009 salmonella outbreak from tainted peanuts that killed nine and infected more than 700 people, according to the Centres for Disease Control (CDC)

#2.) Funding the education of Illegals with tax payer money, but punishing business owners who hire them.

This has got to be one of my biggest gripes right now. How can the State LEGALLY FUND higher education for ILLEGALS and then fine and arrest some restaurant owner who hired illegals to work in his kitchen???! Those of us living in California know very well that many, many restaurants in this state hire illegals to work backstage, and even in the forefront of the restaurant business, yet the Government decides to pick on one restaurant owner, shuts down his restaurant, fines him and threatens him with jail. This is an unprecedented double-standard that I simply can't wrap my head around. How can the State harbor illegals and give them citizen privileges with our tax dollars, yet punish it's own citizens for giving these illegal "immigrants" the opportunity to live and survive in this State??? It makes NO sense!!! Example:

Pre sident, Manager of French San Diego Restaurant accused of hiring illegals

“The government will hold accountable those employers who violate the law and profit from the labor of unauthorized workers," U.S. Atty. Karen Hewitt said. If one of the two defendants is convicted, the restaurant property could be seized by the federal government, according to court documents

3.) Maintaining Alcohol and Cigarettes as legal drugs.

I know it's against T&C on this board to discuss the legalization of illegal substances. That is NOT what I'm going to discuss. I'm simply going to point out the fact that the Government works so hard to keep us "safe" from certain substances which are less harmful and less addictive than substances that are legal, yet the Government is perfectly O.K. with it's citizens using alcohol and cigarettes DESPITE the fact that both cigarettes and alcohol are linked to thousands of deaths per year. Don't get me wrong. I'm not in favor of making alcohol or cigarettes illegal, I'm just pointing out that less harmful substances are illegal and worthy of fines and jail time. People's lives are ruined forever in the court system over the use of substances which are usually less harmful than the legal kind.

Alcohol linked to 75,000 U.S. deaths per year

Alcohol abuse kills some 75,000 Americans each year and shortens the lives of these people by an average of 30 years, a U.S. government study suggested Thursday. Excessive alcohol consumption is the third leading cause of preventable death in the United States after tobacco use and poor eating and exercise habits.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which published the study, estimated that 34,833 people in 2001 died from cirrhosis of the liver, cancer and other diseases linked to drinking too much beer, wine and spirits.
Another 40,933 died from car crashes and other mishaps caused by excessive alcohol use.

4.) Taxes, the IRS, and the high standard that Government holds you to when it comes to collecting from you vs. the incredible financial crisis our own Government and politicians have brought us into with their irresponsible spending and outright FRAUD

It always leaves me stumped at how hypocritical our Government is when it comes to tax time. God forbid you accidentally pay less than what you owe them (through less than perfect record keeping for instance), or if you are late with your payment. Try it and see what happens to you. Your life becomes a complete nightmare when the IRS gets involved in the matter. They are merciless, they will hound you and terrorize you until you have paid every penny, including the interest you might owe. On the other hand here we are in the midst of one of the biggest financial crisis that the U.S. of A. has ever seen, yet we see no accountability. Nobody has been jailed, nobody has been punished. In fact they have rewarded the biggest responsible parties with OUR tax money! Politicians running our lives don't pay their taxes, they commit fraud, they lie, cheat and steal,.. yet they haven't been held accountable for their actions either.

Solyndra scandal esposes the lie of Government 'investment'

Ultimately, Solyndra may prove to be the only Energy Department loan guarantee that explodes into a scandal rivaling Teapot Dome or Credit Mobilier for venality and abuse of the public trust. However, there are at least 16 more such loan guarantees worth in excess of $10 billion, all approved by the same cast of characters at the White House and the U.S. Department of Energy responsible for the current mess. And many other federal departments and agencies have provided billions of dollars' worth of loan guarantees, so nobody should be surprised if Solyndra is only the first of many similar outrages under the Obama economic stimulus regime. Read more at the Washington Examiner: washingtonexaminer.com...

There is more hypocrisy when it comes to our Government than I can ever hope to discuss, but this is a start. Feel free to list your own examples that bother you. I'd love to see the ones I've missed. I guess the point of my rant is to ask - How much MORE are we going to put up with??? Doesn't this bother the public at all? Is this not enough reason to storm the local Government offices and express their dissatisfaction? I know ATS is full of people who will understand my gripes, and I suppose the Occupy Wall Street Movement is a beginning for expressing our feelings of dissatisfaction. Anyway..... feel free to add on.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Order out of Chaos. Divide and conquer. Survival of the richest.

What they are and have been doing to us all is as obvious as the sun in the sky, but the brain releases a soothing chemical when one goes along with official stories and what the mainstream believes. I call it the Soma (brave new world) for the fluoridated and weak minded sheeple.
www.huxley.net...

If I had a nickel for every time I tried telling someone about the "intentional" poisoning of the food and water and watched them immediately start looking at the ground and trying to pretend they're interested in their own health, I'd be a trillionaire.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

I worked at an egg farm for about a year, and we had a salmonella outbreak there in one of the two houses. This is a regulated commercial farm. This farm produces eggs to hatch for edible chickens. What they should have done was to cull the entire house, and disinfect. No, of course they didn't. They added chemicals to the feed, and continued producing. What's wrong with this picture?

This is probably how it works everywhere, so yes it is hypocritical. It has to do with protected interests, and individuals being a threat to those interests. They don't want it to catch on.

My father raised dairy cattle and made cheese which is identical to the cheese the Mexicans eat. He sold every ounce he made at $4.50 per pound. It's impossible for Mexicans to find this cheese just anywhere, so yes, he had the market cornered in our area. Were he alive today, he wouldn't understand these laws. A man/woman ought to be able to eat what they want without interference. I agree 100%. By the way, the cheese was delicious, and I envy the Mexicans who grew up eating it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Nice examples in your OP.

Yes, the world makes no sense. Fills me with RAGE.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Order out of Chaos. Divide and conquer. Survival of the richest.

What they are and have been doing to us all is as obvious as the sun in the sky, but the brain releases a soothing chemical when one goes along with official stories and what the mainstream believes. I call it the Soma (brave new world) for the fluoridated and weak minded sheeple.
www.huxley.net...

If I had a nickel for every time I tried telling someone about the "intentional" poisoning of the food and water and watched them immediately start looking at the ground and trying to pretend they're interested in their own health, I'd be a trillionaire.

I'll be honest.... although I feel like I've always been curious about things that lie beyond the curtain, I didn't have my eyes open to all the absurdity that goes on around us until a few years ago. The longer I live, the more I see wrong with our world.... but there's people who are my age and older who still don't seem to express any concern over what goes on around them. I don't get it. Maybe they're too busy? I consider myself busy too, but I find a few minutes in the day to look at the news and think about it all. Maybe they're too happy with their lives to be concerned? I don't know... I mean... I guess some of them still have their jobs. Maybe they think it but don't like to talk about it? I guess that could be part of the problem, but if you have those frustrations why wouldn't you want to discuss them and come up with some kind of solution? Maybe the system works for them and maybe I feel like it isn't working for me. I'm just trying to figure out why I'm more bothered and more inclined to say something about it than the people around me.

I try to encourage some discussion about these problems with the people closest to me and sometimes they bite,.. but more often these topics get ignored. People just don't like being bombarded with negativity. They want to believe that everything is great, and as long as they have a roof over their heads, food in their fridge and enough money to go out once a week, they seem satisfied. Why would they want to complicate their lives when on the surface it doesn't seem to affect them?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant

I worked at an egg farm for about a year, and we had a salmonella outbreak there in one of the two houses. This is a regulated commercial farm. This farm produces eggs to hatch for edible chickens. What they should have done was to cull the entire house, and disinfect. No, of course they didn't. They added chemicals to the feed, and continued producing. What's wrong with this picture?

This is probably how it works everywhere, so yes it is hypocritical. It has to do with protected interests, and individuals being a threat to those interests. They don't want it to catch on.

See, that just bothers me so much! How can human beings put profit before the well-being of their fellow human beings? Why is it that some people wouldn't lift a finger or do only the bare minimum to save another person from illness or potential death? Can you imagine losing your child, wife, husband, mother or father simply because a couple of individuals didn't want to fully remedy the problem before it spread? Shouldn't that be considered a form of murder? Such negligence (if/when proven) should be punished with more than fines. One thing companies have plenty of is money,... but when quality of life and freedom is at stake, people would reconsider making such decisions. It just makes me sick to know that life is lost all because someone didn't want to fix something the right way the first time.

My father raised dairy cattle and made cheese which is identical to the cheese the Mexicans eat. He sold every ounce he made at $4.50 per pound. It's impossible for Mexicans to find this cheese just anywhere, so yes, he had the market cornered in our area. Were he alive today, he wouldn't understand these laws. A man/woman ought to be able to eat what they want without interference. I agree 100%. By the way, the cheese was delicious, and I envy the Mexicans who grew up eating it.

That sounds really nice. I grew up in a country where raw products are legal to consume. Some stores even have coolers outside that hold raw milk that you can buy. I've had raw cheese and milk, and it's delicious. I've never gotten sick from it and I don't know anyone who has. On the other hand I've known people who've had food poisoning from store-bought products, and I know I've accidentally bought things in stores that were past the expiration date. While I don't doubt that raw food farmers can make mistakes, I see legally sold foods making people sick and even causing deaths,... so obviously it's not the food on it's own that makes people sick, it's the people who produce it. My point is that instead of making raw products illegal, the Government should hold these raw product farmers to the same standards they hold the other farmers who produce food for sale, and let people consume what they want to consume. These are our bodies, we know the risks, we take precautions and we accept the outcome whatever it may be. Whether we take risks with legal food or raw products, what difference does it make? Legal or not, obviously it can still kill us.
edit on 13-10-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join