It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone afraid of a place called HELL?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

"Thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge"

The saints are given authority to judge. This says it all right here.

1 Corinthians 6:2 "Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?"

Well, we know that during the tribulation there will still be people getting saved, the son of perdition/false prophet/anti-christ will begin to round them up for a good old persecution, and kill them for witnessing about Jesus Christ. There will be some that slip through the cracks and survive until Jesus returns with his army and annhilates the armies of Satan. It is thought by some that it will be these people who re-populate the earth and begin to have children again although death has once again been slowed to a crawl and they will live longer lives the way mankind did after the fall of adama and eve. This is where the unbelievers will come from after the 1000 year reign after Satan gets loosed from the pit for a little season for one last assault on Jesus.

It is possible that those who had been martyred in the tribulation might be those who are the ones given authority to judge. Honestly though, unless a true prophet emerges (and there will be two, probably soon since i believe we are in the last days), all we have to go on is speculation. I'm no prophet myself, i just recently started my true walk with Jesus and still trying to grow spiritually. Revelation is a bit tricky because it is a 2 forked prophecy. Revelation was a prophecy about the fall of the Roman Empire and about Caesar Nero (whose name spells the number 666 in roman numerals) yet it is also a prophecy about the future last days. In the end the only thin i am 100% certain of is that Jesus will return and that i plan on being ready. If there is a pre-tribulation rapture fine, if there is a post-tribulation rapture i am fine with that as well, and if there are 2 raptures a pre and post trib rapture i am ok with that too. I try not to worry about the future too much, its the best i can do just trying to make it one day at a time. I would love for there to be a pre-trib rapture and me survive to experience that but the way my health is i doubt i will live that long unless the Lord chooses to keep me here a while longer.

Here is a link you might find interesting:
www.bible.ca...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Which earthly GOD? There have been thousands of GOS since man origins from every facet of this planet. So which one for the last 10,000 years?

I will tell you this, there are no GODS, no spirits, no invisible things. You are on a planet circling around a white star, that white star is circling around around this galaxy called the Milky Way(Which Human Beings labelled by the way), then this galaxy is part of another galaxy made up up trillions of stars, then this galaxy is speeding currently right now through the universe(you can't feel it) as the universe expands. Then too top it all off there are trillions of galaxies. So you are in a universe made up of countless trillions upon trillions of stars galaxies and planets.

You somehow think the earth is the center of it all and we somehow matter most. That's the most narcissistic ideology ever designed.

Actually it's a G-type main-sequence star or yellow dwarf. White is a characteristic but what is your label supposed to mean? About these trillions.. how many exactly? any idea? Or it just doesn't matter. Been to any? Seen any outside of artists renditions or hubble shots? Not suggesting they aren't there.. but let's be clear about what "facts" you use to build your model of reality. It's pretty dogmatic and extremely narrow minded. Are atoms and gamma rays fake too? They are invisible.. what else are you denying?

Reality cannot be experienced through half-understood science factoids. Don't leave your understanding of self and your relationship to existence in the hands of Wikipedia science..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Revelation 20:4

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Who are "those who have been given authority to judge"?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori

Revelation 20:4

Who are "those who have been given authority to judge"?

The 144,000....The pure hearts...The ones who are truly walking with Christ during the end times...Revelation is the easiest book to read within the Bible....Go to you tube and search for Kenneth Cox...Oh,and what is the mark of the beast?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Glockroshin

The seal of God is what you believe in and follow aka your fruits/actions...

Indeed it is. The seal of God is in your forhead (where your heart is) and in your right hand (which you work from, or your actions, the "work" you do).

Yes you have the correct meaning for this statement.

That sounds like the third eye to me. Seem like they are starting to explain chakra point. By the way the gloria around jesus head is the crown chakra. It is where the mana from heaven apear when you think happy thoughts. In some way your spirit can be allowed into heaven without you being dead. When this happens your body feels gods energy inside you. It makes you very harmonious and calm. You also have a hard time not smiling.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

"Thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge"

The saints are given authority to judge. This says it all right here.

1 Corinthians 6:2 "Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?"

Well, we know that during the tribulation there will still be people getting saved, the son of perdition/false prophet/anti-christ will begin to round them up for a good old persecution, and kill them for witnessing about Jesus Christ. There will be some that slip through the cracks and survive until Jesus returns with his army and annhilates the armies of Satan. It is thought by some that it will be these people who re-populate the earth and begin to have children again although death has once again been slowed to a crawl and they will live longer lives the way mankind did after the fall of adama and eve. This is where the unbelievers will come from after the 1000 year reign after Satan gets loosed from the pit for a little season for one last assault on Jesus.

It is possible that those who had been martyred in the tribulation might be those who are the ones given authority to judge. Honestly though, unless a true prophet emerges (and there will be two, probably soon since i believe we are in the last days), all we have to go on is speculation. I'm no prophet myself, i just recently started my true walk with Jesus and still trying to grow spiritually. Revelation is a bit tricky because it is a 2 forked prophecy. Revelation was a prophecy about the fall of the Roman Empire and about Caesar Nero (whose name spells the number 666 in roman numerals) yet it is also a prophecy about the future last days. In the end the only thin i am 100% certain of is that Jesus will return and that i plan on being ready. If there is a pre-tribulation rapture fine, if there is a post-tribulation rapture i am fine with that as well, and if there are 2 raptures a pre and post trib rapture i am ok with that too. I try not to worry about the future too much, its the best i can do just trying to make it one day at a time. I would love for there to be a pre-trib rapture and me survive to experience that but the way my health is i doubt i will live that long unless the Lord chooses to keep me here a while longer.

Here is a link you might find interesting:
www.bible.ca...

Lonewolf, my specific reason for pointing out this verse is because it reads as though the ones that are martyred during the Great Tribulation are actually the ones who reign with Christ for 1,000 years.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Lonewolf, my specific reason for pointing out this verse is because it reads as though the ones that are martyred during the Great Tribulation are actually the ones who reign with Christ for 1,000 years

It is a possibility. It might be all of us too. Whatever the case were approaching the part of Jeremiah's prophecy where Damascus gets utterly destroyed for good. What with Assad threatening to burn the entire mideast starting with Israel if NATO invades, and the U.S. has already "called" Assad to step down. The 10 nations that are to be conquered by the A/C are falling one by one, starting with Tunisia then Egypt and now Libya, Syria will be next and then possibly Iran. Theyre falling one by one like dominoes which tempts me to think were heading for a post rapture tribulation. We will know if the temple mount gets rebuilt and we're still here that were in for a world of sh*t.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Only one place Bo, and our warnings fall on deaf ears. The great deception God was prophecied to send has already begun. They believe the lie that he does not exist. . . . When people start disappearing mysteriously there will be those that we warned that will remember what we have said, it will be up to them to spread the word after we are gone, if they survive God's wrath that is.

Much agree.

It has long grieved me even just contemplating the days just ahead. The birthpangs leading up to the Great Tribulation are horrid enough and barely started well.

Folks really have no clue about what's looming on the near horizon. Scripture just gives a bare structural outline--and that's horrific enough.

May God have mercy on all of good heart who truly seek Truth, Good, Love, Peace, Hope, Joy--God.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glockroshin
No where within the Bible does it speak of a secret rapture...But it does say that Jesus will come as a thief in the night,a secret.We only have one chance,not two.

No, there are three chances. So much of the OT is prophetic, including the holy days and festivals. The three harvest festivals look forward to the ingathering of three classes of people:

The Overcomers, symbolized by the Barley Harvest Festival.

The non-overcomer Believers, symbolized by the Wheat Harvest Festival.

All others, symbolized by the Grape Harvest Festival.

Remember that Jesus is the savior of ALL men, especially those who believe. This is God's great "Alle, alle, all in free!" Even those who suffer the second death will be saved sometime in the far future. I think it will be 1,000 Jubilee Cycles from Creation, or about 43,000 AD, but I can't prove it.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I feel sorry for people who are so foolish as to accept the official propaganda version of religion, the version given to you by the controllers, who work for the people wrecking the earth. The people who profit from wars. To keep their war machine going, they manufacture a fake religion using all the scientific know-how of what millions of dollars of research grants can buy, to deceive the foolish into thinking all their machinations are actually the will of God. So pathetic and sad.
edit on 8-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

No where within the Bible does it speak of a secret rapture...But it does say that Jesus will come as a thief in the night,a secret.We only have one chance,not two.

No, there are three chances. So much of the OT is prophetic, including the holy days and festivals. The three harvest festivals look forward to the ingathering of three classes of people:

Remember that Jesus is the savior of ALL men, especially those who believe. This is God's great "Alle, alle, all in free!" Even those who suffer the second death will be saved sometime in the far future. I think it will be 1,000 Jubilee Cycles from Creation, or about 43,000 AD, but I can't prove it.

Lol! What? You have to point to me what scripture says any of that where Jesus saves all men. That is a flat out lie. He did come to save all men if they ask him for forgiveness and accept him as Lord and Savior, that is when he saves them. Once you suffer the second death, the spiritual death that is the end of you. You don't get a "second" or "third" chance. You accept him when you are alive because you don't get any other chances after you die. I don't know what cult you bought into but those are lies.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

First: I Timothy 4:10

Second, this: www.tentmaker.org...

Read the whole thing, please, then report back. Be happy! Universal Reconciliation includes YOU!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

This is God's great "Alle, alle, all in free!" Even those who suffer the second death will be saved sometime in the far future. I think it will be 1,000 Jubilee Cycles from Creation, or about 43,000 AD, but I can't prove it.
I don't think you need to go into all that to make your point.
Revelation is full of symbolism, such as the angel holding stars in his hand saying, 'these are the churches'. Symbolism on top of symbolism, where someone can not hold a handful of stars, and a church can not be a star.
If you look at the word for, torment, in relationship to the lake of fire, you see that the word comes from the practice of using a certain stone by that name (the Greek word in the text, not the translation), to test gold and silver to see if it was pure, by rubbing the piece of metal in question, on the face of the stone. Also the nature of the fire with brimstone goes with the old technique of refining gold. So you could think of the whole scene as being symbolic of there being some further processing of people to get them up to the standards that are to be expected to be able to maintain a paradise, to keep it as such.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

First: I Timothy 4:10

Second, this: www.tentmaker.org...

Read the whole thing, please, then report back. Be happy! Universal Reconciliation includes YOU!!

I read it, and it is utter bullsh*t. I got one for you to read.

www.1john57.com...

Youre preaching doctrines of devils bro. Youre going to see alot of people into hell leading them with those lies. I strongly advise you to rethink Universalism. It aint gonna be pretty when all these people you have lied to end up in hell because they followed your false doctrine thinking that they do not have to ask Christ for forgiveness and accept him as Lord and Savior before they die.

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

It is impossible for sin to get into heaven, you either ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins (confess) and then accept him. You cannot be covered by the blood of Christ after you die

John 3:5 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

What this means is you must be baptised in water (immersion) and then baptised in the spirit (become saved) whereupon which you recieve the Holy Spirit, this is the only way you can enter the Kingdom of Heaven. You cannot be baptised by Water once you die, it is too late and you cannot obtain the Holy Spirit unless you are in the flesh first when He comes to inhabit you after you get saved.

You need to come away from that cult because they are going to lead you into hell. You must accept Jesus Christ in this world before you die or the only thing you will see in eternity are the depths of hell.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Lol! What? You have to point to me what scripture says any of that where Jesus saves all men. That is a flat out lie. He did come to save all men if they ask him for forgiveness and accept him as Lord and Savior, that is when he saves them. Once you suffer the second death, the spiritual death that is the end of you. You don't get a "second" or "third" chance. You accept him when you are alive because you don't get any other chances after you die. I don't know what cult you bought into but those are lies.
seems to me that someone with such cult like beliefs as the rapture shouldn't be so quick to call out others on their hokey beliefs

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

. . .if they ask him for forgiveness and accept him as Lord and Savior, that is when he saves them.
This is the gate to start you out on the path towards salvation, Only those who reach the end of the narrow path will reach the goal, which is to go to heaven to receive your reward which is immortality.

I don't know what cult you bought into but those are lies.
No one needs to belong to a cult to come up with ideas like that. On the other hand, having a cultish mentality would make someone object to someone else having an independent thought.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Concerning OP. People are so afraid of hell because people have been taught since before their memories were remembered that there is a place of eternal damnation...of pain and suffering for eternity. And they would learn of this place first hand should they stray from god. Not everyone is as flippant about eternal torment as you I promise.
edit on 8-10-2011 by FloatingGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . .if they ask him for forgiveness and accept him as Lord and Savior, that is when he saves them.
This is the gate to start you out on the path towards salvation, Only those who reach the end of the narrow path will reach the goal, which is to go to heaven to receive your reward which is immortality.

Your faith in Jesus Christ is your salvation. If you don't do good works in his name and for his glory you will still go to heaven but your rewards will be small as compared to those who have done his works.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

It is impossible for sin to get into heaven, you either ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins (confess) and then accept him. You cannot be covered by the blood of Christ after you die
Everyone is "covered" by the blood since Jesus died for all. The blood was to end the old system of sin and death. Jesus used his blood to inaugurate the new system where sin is allowed to pass, under certain requirements, such as following the guidance of the Holy Spirit, into getting away from constantly sinning.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Your faith in Jesus Christ is your salvation. If you don't do good works in his name and for his glory you will still go to heaven but your rewards will be small as compared to those who have done his works.
Your faith in Jesus saves you.
vs.
Saved by Jesus through faith.

Merely giving an intellectual assent to the veracity of the Jesus story
vs.
Through believing in Jesus and receiving from him through the Holy Spirit that guidance which is Faith (what replaces The Law in this new system of salvation brought about by his death), to becoming righteous (meeting the standards which Jesus himself has set forth, and is the judge of) and worthy of being bestowed the honor of eternal life.

There are no other rewards offered or given.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join