It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do UFO's Return? It's 1 Year Ago Today That ONE Landed Near My Home In Wales

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Those pictures of wavey lines are probably stars...I've done some myself recently, I was also trying to take pictures of the strange blinking lights in the sky, I still think they seem diffrent to normal stars..but when taking the pictures without a tri-pod this is exactly what I get too.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Maybe you should point out on WHAT pic and WHERE exactly the UFO is?

To be honest, i see a bunch of large pictures with all kinds of "lights", now you said it's street-lights.

Please can you post the "best" pic and point out where exactly the UFO is? At this point i dont even know where to look and where the UFO is supposed to be.
edit on 7-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Honestly I would think this account would be better served if the pictures were left out completely.

For the most part they're just blurry/undefined lights on a basically black background. This is not to say that they aren't what you say they are, but unfortunately those pics don't show anything that can be classified or defined at all. It's understandable that you did the best you could with the situation at the time and it sounds like you're a bit better prepared should it happen again.

One suggestion I can make for any future images you might take is to also get daytime pics of the same perspective after-the-fact so that even if things are a bit hard to discern, they have a baseline for comparison.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Thanks for posting OP.

Whether digital or film based photography. Photos are only images emblazoned upon some photo sensitive material.

Night photography with the natural light is what will explain the running of the lights which basically means that the lights were moving considerably faster than the shutter was able to close.

So whatever it was, was moving extremely fast.

Typically when photographing at night, a fast film speed (ISO) is used as well as a long exposure time....as well as a tripod.

i would only recommend gaining some further experience with night photography and understanding the concepts of shutter speed and film speed as it pertains to low light photography especially if they reappear in the future.

PEACE

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by bsalert

Something to consider is that a year is only a year for us here on Earth. Our year is really only an approximation for an orbit around the sun. It would be surprising for an alien species to measure time in Earth units.

If they are as intelligent as they must be for interstellar travel, i'd say they were probably clever enough to know that WE measure time in Earth units, even if they don't.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks for the pics....they prove you cant hold a cemera...that is all

Could be anything. More than likely something easily explained...but hey...they are aliens right so need need to investigate further

Post crappy pics, get crappy responses...its that simple really.

I dont believe you were visited by aliens...but i dont believe anyone who says it so dont feel like im singling you out

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The last picture is a bit telling, the higher up images are all but identical, and since you mention only two objects, the lower down one I presume is the other object. So then there are multiple images of one object higher up. You would think that the object was modulating on and off at an extreme rate, but you don't mention any effects like that, and when you look at any one of the 'No6' images, in themselves the light itself appears to be modulating, orange to yellow all around the figure, Notwithstanding the camera 'shake' the orange and yellow segements are pretty even. If those were LED's, there would dark gaps between in a steady picture, But I would suggest that they could still be LED's and because of the camera shake there is a continuous light effect. Apart from that I haven't a clue

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsalert
reply to post by Misterlondon

this happened 1 year ago today and i have had the same reactions for all that time when is someone to be believed???? your right i'm agitated and defensive so would you be if you knew what you saw wasn't normal and nobody believed you, thanks for comments, i think i'm done talking about this

I know it is really sad, but i think most of the real pictures out there will never be shared as the photographer knows the deriding to expect. I would not have the courage to share mine.
The perfect fake pictures are all we will see. Just the report of what you saw has value since it is clearly genuine and that is why the pictures are not perfect.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

and then go ahead and schedule their actions to our calendar? I guess if they wanted to send a message or something but it seems to me they work fairly hard to avoid that.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Sorry mate... But I need alot more "convincing," about the the lighted orbs that you have been seeing, for me to even think about renting that beautiful house and property.

Since you are moving in about 1 month, I would like to suggest too you - To pull out all the stops to attract another lighted orb.

For example: Buy a giant inflatable flying saucer balloon. Fill it up with helium, and tether it to a pole in your backyard.

Buy or rent a solar powered electric powered traffic sign - That displays the words: Welcome to Earth

Buy a 30' long blue plastic tarp - And paint a green colored space alien of your choice, and safely tether it to the roof of your house.

Those are just a few of my many suggestion's.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
reply to post by spikey

and then go ahead and schedule their actions to our calendar? I guess if they wanted to send a message or something but it seems to me they work fairly hard to avoid that.

Well, yeah.

If we're assuming their main motivation concerns humans (as opposed to plants, bacteria etc. which are just as valid really), then it's reasonable to suspect that if they were initiating a tentative contact (or desensitizing programme, getting the locals at it, whatever) that they would logically work to the local calendar of the area of contact, and the contacted.

I mean, there are plenty of countries around the world that are not only obviously in different time zones, but also use completely different calendar systems to Western ones. Ethiopia and Israel are two that spring to mind...it's about 1992 in Ethiopia or something like that, and Israel reckons it's 5000 odd (or thereabouts), but we all know what a Solar year is, and we all observe annual rituals and customs regardless of the calendar.

As does the animal world (migration, mating, hibernation etc) the seasons are annual (each one), and just about every other cyclic entity can be counted on an annual basis..

It's not unreasonable to assume ET would be aware of this and know that we (or lots of other biology) follow annual traditions and timing.

It's not a dead cert they would follow an annual system of visitation, not by any means, just that they would certainly be aware that we do and that it would hold significance for us.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Very cool sighting . The best I can do with the pictures is this one here . It seems to show a solid object , trailing green lights.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Very cool sighting . The best I can do with the pictures is this one here . It seems to show a solid object , trailing green lights.

I think it was taken on a long exposure hence the stretched out lights.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Nice enhancement mate.

Cheers for doing that.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I hear that good point. I can see trying to catch a migration or blooming or some natural cycle in action.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Ta.

I think certain governments and their agencies know the truth of why they come here, and why they have been for so long.

They're just not telling us!

We can guess till we're blue in the face, and we probably still won't get the right reason. Their interaction with us might only be coincidental or incidental to their primary reason for being here.

It's only our own human arrogance and 'Earth being the centre of the Universe' that makes us think they're here because of or for us, they could be here, gathering a specific bacteria from the soil that only is available in minute quantities and at specific times for all i know.

It could be anything..except wiping us out, eating us, conquering the Earth and all the other Hollywood and horror book reasons we're fed on...we're still here, and that could have been done at any time in our history, so can't be that.

I just don't know...i wish i did, it's fascinating.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

The camera is hand-held and is generating a slow shutter speed. What do you expect a light source to look like under those circumstances? You can see this in the images showing the street lighting. As many have pointed out the images are useless due to all the anomalies that a camera can produce under those conditions. An out of focus light source will take on a life of its own when enlarged. For example from the OP.

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

It is like individuals who claim that they have captured an 'orb' when it is simply a photographic anomaly.

www.hauntedjerseyshore.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsalert
reply to post by sidewalker

do we really have to go on board and tie the aliens up drag them to the whitehouse and invite the media to prove WHAT PROOF DO YOU PEOPLE REQUIRE - this is why people who do see things don't come forward!!!!!!!!!!!! why waste my time?

You're not going to talk people into believing you.

Just post your pictures, tell your story, and let the readers decide for themselves- and save yourself the headache.

Some people will never believe until the day they experience it themselves, others like us already know the truth of the matter.

You shouldn't be angry though that people question your images. They are blurry and don't show anything that couldn't be hoaxed, and this is a forum with plenty of hoaxers, and the internet and UFOlogy itself is also infested with hoaxers.

Don't try to convince people that what happened to you is true, you will be here fighting for 300 pages if you do. Just tell them your story and let them decide for themselves.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
It's only our own human arrogance and 'Earth being the centre of the Universe' that makes us think they're here because of or for us, they could be here, gathering a specific bacteria from the soil that only is available in minute quantities and at specific times for all i know..

It's even deeper than that- why do they all have to be here for the same reason? Why could there be only one race, and that race could have only one group with one agenda?

The possibilities are limitless.

Ask yourself a simple question: Why do people go to Florida? Endless reasons why.

So why do aliens come to Earth? Endless reasons why.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

If you can't entertain the thought that this was not a UFO, and your account and steadfast belief this was definitely a UFO, than I feel you are sincere about what you saw. If I saw something with my own eyes and knew it wasn't anything I've ever experienced, I wouldn't entertain explanations by anybody either. Until you see things with your own eyes, it's a life changing experience.

I've read a lot of posts here from eyewitnesses, and there are some like yours that just feel like they ring true.

Just because pictures don't always show a clear shape doesn't mean someone is trying to create a hoax. I learned the art of photography at the age of 16. Had my own darkroom for years and took several photography courses in college. Although that was during the age of film, capturing images using digital cameras today still uses the same combination of aperture openings and shutter speeds to create a picture.

When taking photographs at night, without a tripod, flash and a long exposure to pick up detail, detail is virtually impossible. With the automatic do it all settings for these pocket digital cameras, without being a couple feet away, you're only going to pick-up lights or shapes being lit up by a projected light source.

This is why most eyewitness photos of UFO's at night are disappointing and show very little detail. Even if someone had a tripod and fastened their do it all digital camera on it, it still wouldn't increase detail. It would prevent erratic light movement and blurs, but overall it wouldn't enhance a picture taken in the dark of night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join