It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest conspiracy in history, Climate change denial.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
After plowing thru 8 pages of this topic one thing remains clear. If there were nothing to fear from climate change, an awful lot of people would be out of work. There are so many things to worry about that we can do something about, but this just isn't one of them. The power of nature is so vast, that it's laughable for some to think we can really affect it. Fight fear, it's the tool 'they' have been using to try to control us forever.

I wish I could do more than star this and quote it. Truth straight up.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by belsoember

This documentary has been totally debunked many times. www.durangobill.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Nathan-D

I am not going to sit picking holes in your science so I will put it another way... There is no scientific study that shows emphatically that climate change is anthropogenic. The truth is the verdict is still out.

However what is not in dispute is the fact that the climate is be changing and there is a chance that we may be responsible for this. Tthere is no hard science to prove otherwise.
There is a principle known in Environmental Science known as the precautionary principle and in cases like this when the stakes are so high it should be used.
What right do industry and politicians have to gamble on the future of our planet because at the moments that is what they are doing and their support is coming from people like you....

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Two words: Ice Age.
Thank you.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by deanx
Thank you.

Whooooo Hooooooo! We have another winner!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theoretician
I own a non-profit website aiming to raise awareness on climate change and various other topics and I have noticed that a few people have been denying all the facts and figures the website provides claiming that they are a false!

This is what our leaders have done to us... We are constantly suspicious of any information given out to us!

While it may be true the climate is changing, you speak the truth when you say we are suspicious. But its much more than that. I personally am totally suspicious, and disregard much of the information; Even scientific. Why? Because of disinformation, and deceit. No one really knows who to believe, and there has been so much manipulation by both the left and the right, that all we know for sure is that it is changing. The cause will forever remain a sore point because we really cannot tell if scientific facts have been falsified or not. And in the past it has occurred. What reason do we have to suspect that premise has changed?
Example: If the Potus lies to me about jobs, I will no longer entertain anything he says. He looses credibility. If the media lies, ditto. If the scientific community lies about this, ditto. They can't even get their own heads together and agree. It is happening, but I debate the cause which no one can reasonably prove. And if they do, how do I truly know the facts are as they are presented? It is a sad day

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I agree but I think we are contributing more than people think or want to admit.
What's wrong with cleaner air and water?

Just keep the politicians out of our pockets when we do find a solution and we will be fine.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I will read it thanks

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The climate is changing because

THE SUN IS OUTTA CONTROL
We no longer have the same atmospheric protection

This is why THEY CHEMTRAIL

Chemtrailing is stopping us and the earth from frying

really
edit on 6-10-2011 by Solar75Gypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The climate has been changing for billions of years. There were Ice Ages, and there were times of global tropical climate. Wouldn't it make sense not to worry unless some sort of record is made, and the current climate has no where near broke any records.
edit on 6-10-2011 by Droolmouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I agree with you here but, do you think we can destroy earth?
Your killing the planet

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

All the evidence points towards a continued warming trend. There is no credible evidence that I am aware of that predicts an imminent ice age, Infact the earths natural cycle of glacial interglacial periods has been so effected by the huge increase in CO2 that its unlikey the next ice age will even occur as it should do naturally. You would have to go back at least 15 million years to find carbon dioxide levels on Earth as high as they are today.

"The last time carbon dioxide levels were apparently as high as they are today — and were sustained at those levels — global temperatures were 5 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit higher than they are today, the sea level was approximately 75 to 120 feet higher than today, there was no permanent sea ice cap in the Arctic and very little ice on Antarctica and Greenland," said the paper's lead author, Aradhna Tripati, a UCLA assistant professor in the department of Earth and space sciences and the department of atmospheric and oceanic sciences.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by dontlaughthink

Humans put out more CO2 in 4 days than all the volcanos on earth put out in a year, stop talking nonsense.

When the Green sites talk about polution of volcano verses man they like to make a point of the carbon dioxide.

They like to exclude other things a volcano sting the world with. Yes we do pump out more C02 but look at the rest.

The most abundant gas typically released into the atmosphere from volcanic systems is water vapor (H2O), followed by carbon dioxide (CO2) and sulfur dioxide (SO2). Volcanoes also release smaller amounts of others gases, including hydrogen sulfide (H2S), hydrogen (H2), carbon monoxide (CO), hydrogen chloride (HCL), hydrogen fluoride (HF), and helium (He).

The Sahara was green and man was hunting in the Sahara while it was green. Then the Sahara turned into desert. Thousands of years before industry.

Here's how the planet does its thing.

Climate heats up killing off lots of flora and fauna. Great areas of land all over the globe are laid to waste and unable to trap heat. Because the heat is no longer being trapped the earth cools again.

Kind of like a cat losing hair in summer and growing it in winter. It's a natural thing and goes in cycles. Yes we're helping it along perhaps a bit faster than usual but we aren't the cause of it.
edit on 6-10-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
Q) Is Climate Change real?
A) Yes.

Q) Are Humans the cause?
A) NO!

Q) Is Climate Change a naturally occuring phenomenon thats been happening since the beginning of time?
A)Yes.

Q) Is there ANYTHING humans can do to stop it?
A) Not a chance in HELL!!

just thought this may shed some light on the timeline

couldn't have said it better my self "Amaster" good post
source of the data

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The corporatist message of science denial is in full swing on ATS (in case you couldn't tell..didn't even read past the ops, I know what land this is).
But, thanks for getting the obvious word out so the occasional oblivious and honest person can be a bit enlightened about the agendas going on to the right of sanity.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What SUV was this guy driving to melt all that snow and ice?

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanx
Thank you.

Not gonna happen
Since the 70s we've learned a lot more about them and now know that the current intergalcial is not goining to end for thousands of years, albeit there should be a period of colder weather due to reduced axial tilt and hence reduced insolation at high latitude.

And even back in the 70s most climate experts reckoned that AGW would prevent the next ice age happening.

Oddly enough, it's those who were predicting a sudden catastrophic ice age back then who are still peddling the same story today.

However, thanks to human activity, global climate IS changing in ways it would not have changed had we not been here. Just because people have always died of natural causes does not mean no-one is ever murdered. Think about it

edit on 6-10-2011 by Essan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
man made cimate change is very real look up controling the weather yah i know its ok we need sunny days for the olympics or the next may day parade.

both sides of this argument lie like rugs and have given up all integrity because both side profit some form coal some from solar.

its all a lie anyway we dont have the science currently to make any real claims one way or the other. but to claim we as a planet shouldnt recycle more, polute less,consume less or switch to renewable energy is insane! unless your stock portfolio profits then your quite clever, a scumbag but clever.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So, you're saying there were factories and cars 15 million years ago, right? If it was "natural" then, it certainly can't be "natural" now, right? That would upset Al Gore's plan for billions of dollars!

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by MamaJ

All the evidence points towards a continued warming trend. There is no credible evidence that I am aware of that predicts an imminent ice age, Infact the earths natural cycle of glacial interglacial periods has been so effected by the huge increase in CO2 that its unlikey the next ice age will even occur as it should do naturally. You would have to go back at least 15 million years to find carbon dioxide levels on Earth as high as they are today.

"The last time carbon dioxide levels were apparently as high as they are today — and were sustained at those levels — global temperatures were 5 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit higher than they are today, the sea level was approximately 75 to 120 feet higher than today, there was no permanent sea ice cap in the Arctic and very little ice on Antarctica and Greenland," said the paper's lead author, Aradhna Tripati, a UCLA assistant professor in the department of Earth and space sciences and the department of atmospheric and oceanic sciences.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I'm afraid that you misunderstood me.
I'm not saying that the Ice age will take place once more. I was saying that by looking at the ice age, which is no doubt a form of a climate change, It's obvious that it's natural and not based on any sort of human activities. Unless of course those stupid heartless environment hating dinosaurs used incandescent light bulbs instead of compact fluorescent lamps back in the day

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join