It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you fooling yourself ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

Why is it important ? Because I see that it might be the seed that will grow to be a garden of faith for someone.
My faith isn't the question. Just the same I feel that any seed planted will grow. But that's up to God not me.
I guess all seeds are on the table.

I apologise for any delays in response time. I am a slow poke so if you jump up and down and hold your breath
It's more likely I'll get around to you.

Remember my answers aren't the only answers. Or may not even be the right answer. They are my answers.

edit on 3-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Have you tried to read the King James Bible . It's not a new wave fictional book . It's the book of life .

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Have you tried to read the King James Bible . It's not a new wave fictional book . It's the book of life .

Have you researched the origins of the KJV and the political agendas involved in its creation? It is not the pure source of information that you may think it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

yeah i read the entire bible at 8. its a good read. alot of truth in there and also alot of lies. so be it

The urantia book was first published in the 30's so i wouldnt quite call it new age.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Why Aug 21, 7BC? Please back up with historical evidence which includes a census and relevant historical figures. There is a reason that the date can not be placed. The history does not match with what is in the Bible.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Colcurious

I did try to get to your post a lot sooner than I did. I got knocked off line and had to reboot and start over. Apologies.

Cornelius Tacitus is a reference to find some arguable scholarly evidence for the existence of Christ.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina

Why Aug 21, 7BC? Please back up with historical evidence which includes a census and relevant historical figures. There is a reason that the date can not be placed. The history does not match with what is in the Bible.

they reference dates as well as star chart info, im not adept into the star thing, im sure someone could reference those dates in conjuction with the star information.

the date isnt from the bible its from the urantia book and this is the full quote:
8. The Birth of Jesus

(1351.5) 122:8.1 All that night Mary was restless so that neither of them slept much. By the break of day the pangs of childbirth were well in evidence, and at noon, August 21, 7 B.C., with the help and kind ministrations of women fellow travelers, Mary was delivered of a male child. Jesus of Nazareth was born into the world, was wrapped in the clothes which Mary had brought along for such a possible contingency, and laid in a near-by manger.

(1351.6) 122:8.2 In just the same manner as all babies before that day and since have come into the world, the promised child was born; and on the eighth day, according to the Jewish practice, he was circumcised and formally named Joshua (Jesus).

(1351.7) 122:8.3 The next day after the birth of Jesus, Joseph made his enrollment. Meeting a man they had talked with two nights previously at Jericho, Joseph was taken by him to a well-to-do friend who had a room at the inn, and who said he would gladly exchange quarters with the Nazareth couple. That afternoon they moved up to the inn, where they lived for almost three weeks until they found lodgings in the home of a distant relative of Joseph.

(1351.8) 122:8.4 The second day after the birth of Jesus, Mary sent word to Elizabeth that her child had come and received word in return inviting Joseph up to Jerusalem to talk over all their affairs with Zacharias. The following week Joseph went to Jerusalem to confer with Zacharias. Both Zacharias and Elizabeth had become possessed with the sincere conviction that Jesus was indeed to become the Jewish deliverer, the Messiah, and that their son John was to be his chief of aides, his right-hand man of destiny. And since Mary held these same ideas, it was not difficult to prevail upon Joseph to remain in Bethlehem, the City of David, so that Jesus might grow up to become the successor of David on the throne of all Israel. Accordingly, they remained in Bethlehem more than a year, Joseph meantime working some at his carpenter’s trade.

(1352.1) 122:8.5 At the noontide birth of Jesus the seraphim of Urantia, assembled under their directors, did sing anthems of glory over the Bethlehem manger, but these utterances of praise were not heard by human ears. No shepherds nor any other mortal creatures came to pay homage to the babe of Bethlehem until the day of the arrival of certain priests from Ur, who were sent down from Jerusalem by Zacharias.

(1352.2) 122:8.6 These priests from Mesopotamia had been told sometime before by a strange religious teacher of their country that he had had a dream in which he was informed that “the light of life” was about to appear on earth as a babe and among the Jews. And thither went these three teachers looking for this “light of life.” After many weeks of futile search in Jerusalem, they were about to return to Ur when Zacharias met them and disclosed his belief that Jesus was the object of their quest and sent them on to Bethlehem, where they found the babe and left their gifts with Mary, his earth mother. The babe was almost three weeks old at the time of their visit.

(1352.3) 122:8.7 These wise men saw no star to guide them to Bethlehem. The beautiful legend of the star of Bethlehem originated in this way: Jesus was born August 21 at noon, 7 B.C. On May 29, 7 B.C., there occurred an extraordinary conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in the constellation of Pisces. And it is a remarkable astronomic fact that similar conjunctions occurred on September 29 and December 5 of the same year. Upon the basis of these extraordinary but wholly natural events the well-meaning zealots of the succeeding generation constructed the appealing legend of the star of Bethlehem and the adoring Magi led thereby to the manger, where they beheld and worshiped the newborn babe. Oriental and near-Oriental minds delight in fairy stories, and they are continually spinning such beautiful myths about the lives of their religious leaders and political heroes. In the absence of printing, when most human knowledge was passed by word of mouth from one generation to another, it was very easy for myths to become traditions and for traditions eventually to become accepted as facts.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yes I agree totally that Christ existed, but exactly who was he. Isn't that really the questions, and given the propaganda that we all see exists today, do you not see that his identity is a facet of that, as well?
.......in times of Sepharad, who truly knows what the truth was or is, because "Christ" was and continues to be a political issue and identity

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The most famous passage in which Tacitus mentions Christianity is as follows (Annals 15.44):

Such indeed were the precautions of human wisdom. The next thing was to seek means of propitiating the gods, and recourse was had to the Sibylline books, by the direction of which prayers were offered to Vulcanus, Ceres, and Proserpina. Juno, too, was entreated by the matrons, first, in the Capitol, then on the nearest part of the coast, whence water was procured to sprinkle the fane and image of the goddess. And there were sacred banquets and nightly vigils celebrated by married women. But all human efforts, all the lavish gifts of the emperor, and the propitiations of the gods, did not banish the sinister belief that the conflagration was the result of an order.

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired. Nero offered his gardens for the spectacle, and was exhibiting a show in the circus, while he mingled with the people in the dress of a charioteer or stood aloft on a car. Hence, even for criminals who deserved extreme and exemplary punishment, there arose a feeling of compassion; for it was not, as it seemed, for the public good, but to glut one man's cruelty, that they were being destroyed.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
Yes I agree totally that Christ existed, but exactly who was he. Isn't that really the questions, and given the propaganda that we all see exists today, do you not see that his identity is a facet of that, as well?
.......in times of Sepharad, who truly knows what the truth was or is, because "Christ" was and continues to be a political issue and identity

This is the exact reason i read the urantia book. it offers an explanation of who jesus was, his personality. The KJV simply does not does this.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by randyvs

Hello Randyvs,

I normally avoid religion and/or christianity threads but your op was nice to read.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus existed. There is quite a lot of evidence (some of them you stated in the OP) that he did walk the Earth.

There is no doubt in my mind that he must have been one heck of an individual. After all, our years do in fact follow him, so there has to be something there, wouldn't anyone think?

Unfortunately, following his demise, came the Roman Catholic Church. Which - in my opinion - is the biggest scandal in human history. They were and are everything Jesus stood against. Tragic, really.

I believe in his message of love. Of hope. Of life.

If you normally avoid these threads then I can not let you go with out a response.

If you believe in his message, you believe in his word. You also believe in his truth.
Jesus is the word Jesus is also the truth.
Weather or not you even realise it. You believe in Christ.
Thank you for an interesting reply.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

If the fictitious Urantia book is going to be used as a historical document then there is no way to play. Why not just bring in the Lord of the Rings and Narnia series also.

edit on 3-10-2011 by BillfromCovina because: grammar

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by whyamIhere

As far as I know there is no historical reference (outside of the Bible) to Jesus Christ whatsoever.
Would you mind to show me where Jesus is historically documented?

Maybe you should take a look in the Quran.

Or may I suggest the Dead Sea Scrolls.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So to get on track here, I bring forward two pages of work by Jesusdied4us. Hollywood is full of this crap.
South park 1
South Park 2

I applaued this mans efforts.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sad but true, the father of lies, Satan The Devil has doctored the playing field to suit his agenda to continue the deception. It is becoming more prevalant to make that which is bad/evil appear good and that which is good appear bad. People are eating it up.

Not only is it true that Yeshua/Jesus was crucified, buried and then raised from the dead. It is equally true that the way to destruction is wide open and many will go in thereat. It is not his fault that many will not believe in him. We all have been given a choice, to either choose life or choose death. The flesh is weak and desires it's temporary fix.

Many are wise only in their own eye's when in truth they do not know and or understand spiritual matters. The Word of God is a book that can only be discerned by way of the spirit of God sent by the Lord Yeshua himself after he ascended to his Father. During the Old Testament period, the spirit of God was UPON men of God. During this period of time the spirit of God is IN those who have been born-again.

Does Yeshua/Jesus exist? Without a doubt! He lives in the believer by means of the Holy Spirit. The scripture says it is God in Christ in you! Do I understand it all? No! But, I believe it because the miracle of the new birth lives in me. I will never be convinced otherwise. I would only be fooling myself called lieing to myself if I said otherwise.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

The Dead Sea Scrolls do not mention Jesus from the Bible. The Quran was written 600 years after the supposed birth. Tacitus reference was at least 50 years after the death and he was not a contemporary.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is what I think Randy…I think the name Jesus Christ is a metaphorical term for anyone who is a savior so that others can live another day. Example, someone who will face danger to protect someone else like shielding someone from bullets, you will bleed, and you will probably die, but that person whom you protected will live another day. A good friend of mine thinks he is Jesus Christ, he is a good person at heart, and he will do anything to protect the well-beings of others. Some might think differently, but this is what I think. Good Day

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BillfromCovina

I think I've just about had enough of Urantia for the moment my self. Bombastic and bloated early new age with
zero credibility and authorized by no one and by no institution worth mentioning. Just another false positive
that really is a negative. IMO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

My, people come and go so quickly here.

If it doesn't play you will have to click on you tube link underneath.

As you can see in this movie the abundance of occult symbology and references to egyptian mysticism has
been favored in Holllywood for a long time.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

My, people come and go so quickly here.

I have stuck around and you have not answered me yet. In your first post you cited the Calendar as some kind of proof for Christ. Instead, what it has done is pointed out the falsified history in the Bible and the reason the date can not be fixed. You decided to avoid the subject and have now moved on to South Park.

South Park spoofs every subject and idea. How does this move your agenda forward of proving the existence of Christ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join