It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Marines headed to WALLSTREET to protect protesters! THIS IS IT

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
See, I don't mind stopping the bankers - cause they are scum, but I don't want it to stop there at all.

Get rid of the bankers, then the politicians that helped them steal from the people - both Republicans and Democrats - do not let party rhetoric get in the way.

The Federal Reserve has a major part in the corruption, if you let it flourish, all of this is for nothing.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

On topic, It is my belief that the vets who are going to wall street are doing so in case the nypd calls the armed forces.
Not all soldiers think all of the time, like someone else pointed out, they follow orders.
But if ordered to get aggressive with another US soldier, I would definately do some thinking.

And that is the purpose for them being there.
Staying one step ahead of the opposition.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Plans to choke them out and to starve them are already well underway!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nihonjindesu08
To those who want to go to Occupy Wall Street but can't because of distance...

There are also Occupy movements going on in:

San Francisco
Chicago
Memphis
Portland
D.C.
Pittsburgh
Miami

and Many, MANY, more...
www.occupytogether.org...

This time really this time there is no stpoping Americans we the 99% have had it... GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THE MILITARY FOR PROTECTING OUR FREEDOMS. This is really spreading like wildfire...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Not wise on the part of the servicemembers, even though I applaud their bravery but disciplinary actions may be taken due to the fact they are protesting IN UNIFORM.

When is the wear of Army uniforms prohibited?

•In connection with the furtherance of any political or commercial interests, or when engaged in off-duty civilian employment.
•When participating in public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies, or public demonstrations, except as authorized by competent authority.
•When attending any meeting or event that is a function of, or is sponsored by, an extremist organization.
•When wearing the uniform would bring discredit upon the Army.
•When specifically prohibited by Army regulations

Source

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Well...they do say "the best defence is a good offence". I don't see this being won by mealy mouthed whispers in favourable ears...most of the ears that would have heard the whisper once, have long since been deafened by the rush of money and privilege, mores the pity.

Going for the throat, if you can connect properly..will reel them...getting them to fall from the stagger will be harder though.

They of course will have 'war-gamed' this scenario, and have several counters to prevent or soften the fall already in place, itching to be enacted.

But..yeah, it's a bold start.

edit on 1/10/2011 by spikey because: typo

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I see the BBC have finally started reporting on the movement:

Some 2,000 people have marched on Manhattan's main police station as part of the Occupy Wall Street protest movement.

Source and video: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nihonjindesu08
To those who want to go to Occupy Wall Street but can't because of distance...

There are also Occupy movements going on in:

San Francisco
Chicago
Memphis
Portland
D.C.
Pittsburgh
Miami

and Many, MANY, more...
www.occupytogether.org...
Great, occupy Florida 11/5/11. I am in.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

I had to manually search the BBC website to find any mention of this earlier today.

It's being under reported too, by the looks of things.

They don't mention the US Marines at all either.

Typical BBC.

Come back Greg Dyke, all is forgiven!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

if you read the thread you would see this has been covered

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MightyQuincunx
OOOOH...I hope that this is true! It's about time. I can't wait to see the videos of local police trying to "take down" or hush US Armed Forces in full dress. For all of you on ATS who stated that this "Occupy Wall Street Thing" won't work...think again. This is just a start. This is what we pay our soldiers to protect...OUR FREEDOM.
I applaud them for standing up for OUR RIGHTS and your comment...priceless THIS IS WHY WE PAY OUR SOLDIERS! NOW imagine what we come about if they pepper spray our armed forces like they did them women!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

You know what mate?

I reckon, just reading between the lines, that the service men and women of the US Marine Corps have come to the conclusion that protecting the freedom of the people is more than worth the reprimand for wearing the Uniform out of place.

Don't you feel that is a bigger, nobler thing?

Would you sacrifice a month or two in the stockade in exchange for the freedom of your countrymen?

I would, without hesitation..and so it seems would the Vets.

Let's stop assuming they haven't thought this through, shall we?

edit on 1/10/2011 by spikey because: typo

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Heres a video I made It may just inspire some of the doubters.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I want to know where the Tea Party is, they should be involved in this.

I consider myself conservative, and if I was there, I would be taking part. I may not like some of the obvious leftist parts of this uprising, but I agree that it needs to take place.

Down with the bankers / traders - Down with the corrupt politicians.

Where is the conservative right?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

It was right there on the front page in the "Watch/Listen" bit.

I wonder how long it will be before we have an "Occupy Fleet Street/ Downing Street" movement? To be blatantly honest, I fear it. The Met Police will use the riots as an excuse to come down hard on any similar action in the UK.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Blah, been there done that for the Viet Nam War.

Until public schools are let out for protests, people start showin up as families, this will not go anywhere.

Take it from an old protester, until people actually live what they mean, this will go nowhere. People who have 401k's tied to the stock market, are going to have to leave there jobs and show up, not just the unepmployed. Then we have grape nuts people supporting Ron Paul, who says the system needs to change.

Fine, but to do that to people who have paid into the system of corruption for decades? Nope.. will never fly.You people need to learn how to protest, to make a change.

I hope this doesnn't get violent on participants end. Doing it peacefully makes a point!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Nope.. that's always the fear, but the soldiers know better than anyone that the government is in the wrong. Soldiers will side with the people, cops will side the government.

Same as in Egypt.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Hmmmm.... very skeptical about this "help"

They will "help" them "protest" by moving them away and into "free speech zones..."

According to the article, it is 16 army and marine soldiers, doing this on their own time in order to help the protestors. The soldiers are friends/buddies it says.

This is not an order by the military.... Did you read the article?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by bluestar.ranch

Blah, been there done that for the Viet Nam War.

Until public schools are let out for protests, people start showin up as families, this will not go anywhere.

Take it from an old protester, until people actually live what they mean, this will go nowhere. People who have 401k's tied to the stock market, are going to have to leave there jobs and show up, not just the unepmployed. Then we have grape nuts people supporting Ron Paul, who says the system needs to change.

Fine, but to do that to people who have paid into the system of corruption for decades? Nope.. will never fly.You people need to learn how to protest, to make a change.

I hope this doesnn't get violent on participants end. Doing it peacefully makes a point!

so, with all that worldly experience................and that better than thou attitude...........please tell us your plan, i certainly dont seem to recall the ACTUAL protestors claiming they have all the answers, and i am sure they could use the advice of someone who has all the answers, so please, again..............tell us how to do it right, and then of course get out of that chair and show us.

be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem!!!

Parker
MYUBY

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join