It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States considers fencing its border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
With Canada. Very strange.

www.thestar.com...
edit on 30-9-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Maybe Canada is the one that should consider building the fence... whatever the case this is really, really stupid...
edit on 30-9-2011 by ParAvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

You know, if we got to paint our side of that fence, there would be good Canadian jobs in that. To me it's preferable to this: "Ironically, the moves come as Canada and the U.S. try to finalize a perimeter security arrangement that would focus on continental defences while easing border congestion."

Sharing continental defence with the U.S, is firghtening to me, because I'm relatively sure that we Candians don't have the resources within our own military to secure our sovereign perimeter the way the U.S. would want us to. I have visions, then, of U.S. military being on our land, protecting the borders wiith their armed forces.

Don't like that at all.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Which will do what exactly, for all the drugs arriving by boat and through underground tunnels from Mexico?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
One wonders, is it meant to keep people out, or to keep them in?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Jebbaroo

On the plus side. American service people are renowned for their ability to spend money wherever they go. The younger ones are usually broke within two days of payday.

I always said they suffered from financial retardation.

It would help the locals economy.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

If we build the fence along our border with Canada, it will make the Cartels nervous...

Or something along those lines.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
first step fence, second step WW3, third step draft then where will those dodging the draft run?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Strange, maby it's to stop American's fleeing to Canada in the future.

If they do build a fence I would of thought the best place would be on the Mexican border

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's probably all part of Obama's new employment Bill.

I'm guessing it would keep an awful lot pf people in employment for a few months.

Don't forget the fences will need to be manufactured, delivered as well as erected.

After all of this they then declare the U.S is to turned into the BIGGEST Prison in the World. That's it they will start importing prisoners from all over the World at a nice price.

The economy will soon pick up!!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
With Canada. Very strange.

www.thestar.com...
edit on 30-9-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

there are parts of the border with criminal activity, much along the great lakes as in upper NY state.
in the Winter when the lakes freeze, they could use helicopters to imobilize smuggling snow mobiles.

but building a fence the lenght of the border sounds more like a contractor's dream, not likely.
but apache helicopters hunting snowmoliles sounds like a good video games, maybe drones too.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They are worried about our northern border??!

It's the other border that needs a fence!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Lets build the fence and mine field on the Mexican border first.

Its not like 1000s of canadians are coming into the US illegally every day.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The u.s. and mexico will soon have a joint currency and open boarders. Canada is not on board. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
"We have a major illegal immigration crisis on our Southern border, Sir, what should we do?"

"Quick, instruct all your men to build a fence!"

"Great idea, Sir, I am sure the American people will be very pleased to see us building a fence."

"Yes and we will hopefully keep out the large illegal importation of drugs."

"That will definitely be a good thing; those drug rings down on the Mexican border are dangerous."

"Who the hell was talking about the Mexican border? I was talking about those sneaky bastards on our north; look at them sitting there all smug like that. What are you plotting Canadians!? We will stop you and the importation of drugs banned by the FDA so as to protect our drug industry."

And to think I am giving our government the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I will tell you what it is all about, it is to keep people in the States and not out.
You folks there in the States are losing your right to travel as we are all watching.
You can't even fly anywhere without documentation and a xray strip search.
We live on the Border with the USA and no offense to our US friends here but we stopped going "over the bridge" years ago.
Last time we went it was a nightmare, body armored border guards walking in between the cars and looking like freeking thugs.
With your stupid terrorist laws we could be arrested and detained indefinitely for any reason and no phone calls allowed.
You should see the American ads here in our local paper just screaming for us to come over and shop till we drop.
I am not gloating over the problems there I am simple explaining it for anyone who has never crossed the border.
Right now our neighbouring businesses in the States are dieing a rapid death and it has a lot to due with the lack of Canadian shoppers.
Till the States cut out the Alcatraz crap your very center of community growth and business and therefor jobs is screwed.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 30-9-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
1. I'll just bet they'll take to building the fence, "fast and furious".

2. It's to keep illegals out alright. Um, out of Canada.

(sorry, had 2 zingers
)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's to keep Americans in, with the police state goes more and more intrusive, when the economy becomes worse and worse, and they won't allow you to leave without government permission/taking half your money.

Just like the Soviet Union.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
It's to keep Americans in, with the police state goes more and more intrusive, when the economy becomes worse and worse, and they won't allow you to leave without government permission/taking half your money.

Just like the Soviet Union.
That may be truer than anyone would like to believe.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Unfortunately that is my fear too, hence the reason in my post above I stated their incompetence and corruption as giving them the benefit of the doubt. It is scary to think their intention is to lock us into our own country, knowing damn well if anything happens they have lands to escape to in Latin America. If the game is to lock us in like caged animals, then I can only hope people recognize it as that and speak up before the watch towers with armed guards go up from the Atlantic to the Pacific.

Watch them hire illegal Mexican immigrants in America build the fence on the Canadian border to keep Americans in.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join