It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can the government crack encryption?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
with all the super computers we dont even know about its pretty fast to brake a strong encryption even,but still i hope there are other..maybe random ways of crypting?

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
with all the super computers we dont even know about its pretty fast to brake a strong encryption even,but still i hope there are other..maybe random ways of crypting?

Just to reiterate no Government can crack a proper encryption if you look at the internet/computer based laws they are making you begin to wonder if they can even turn a computer on.

They might want you to think are all powerful but seriously the supercomputers of today are no much for the encryption of today maybe in a hundred years they might be but encryption will have moved on as well by then.

Ok lets see you want to encrypt something and use for example a certain book as a key lets say certain issue of a stephen king novel as an example now not only does the government have to know every detail of the mathematics involved in the encryption cipher but the computer has to try random combinations of characters to rewrite the entire book exactly as that edition.

What are the odds of a computer randomly writing a novel exactly down to every comma and space and how long would that take not to mention that encryption keys can be many times larger than a standard sized book.

Seriously anyone that thinks they can do this is deluding themselves unless they have a back-door into the actual encryption cipher itself they can throw every computer on the planet at the problem and not get it cracked for thousands of years.

Of course they will probably jail you anyway unless you provide them with the key but still they can't break it.

[edit on 27-9-2009 by Teknikal]

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Teknikal

I'm beginning to see your point.

With all these laws coming into place to force keys out of ppl suspected of a crime, maybe they do not have the backdoors?

Or perhaps they do, but making it known to criminals that they do is self-defeating? So they have to go this route of jailing anyone who doesn't hand over the key.

Let's assume they do have all the backdoors and this is to avoid having to use supercomputers (time/money) to break the codes, at what point do they use it and not care that ppl find out they have the backdoors? When it's national-security level? Or would they extract the information on the sly without telling anyone (I suspect this is what they do sometimes) as a way to keep ppl assuming they can't.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
there some they can crack and some that they can't crack.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Text

I actually design advanced encryption codes .The current one is called brain strain 17.Its would be intreasting to find out how advanced this code is as i can make it even more harder.I believe someone could have the intelligence to design a advanced encryption code where computers could not solve.So would this mean this person is smarter than your normal person or something special.I will try to post my encryption code to see if any one can solve it,or tell me what they think about it.At first glance it might seem a jumbeled mess but i know someone out there could solve the first part of brain strain 17.Put your thinking caps on.
edit on 23-4-2011 by GORGANTHIUM because: trying to add photo

edit on 23-4-2011 by GORGANTHIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The photo of brain strain 17 is in my profile.So if anyone would like to try to decypher this very hard encryption code puzzle.Good Luck.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
encryption is pontless.
the new computers have a part that hides in the chips. and connects with the web.
if you use encryption prog, it just tels them to read all you have.
they can see what it is before you encryption it.

so use a old computer with an old copy of Linux.

edit on 23-5-2012 by buddha because: aliens made me do it.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Any code created by man can be cracked by man (they used computers to create them, they use computers to crack them). Granted, some haven't been cracked yet, but they are "crackable". Given enough time and brute force, those can be cracked as well. ... but it certainly isn't easy and is extremely time consuming which is why some have not been cracked, the importance has passed.
edit on 23-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join