It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled boy commits suicide after mugging

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

By his 11th birthday, Mitchell Wilson had already endured a lifetime of pain. He was eight when his mother died of cancer three years ago. The next year he was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy, a degenerative and incurable disease that was slowly destroying his muscles and would one day leave him paralyzed.

And last November, while on one of his prescribed daily walks, Mitchell was jumped by a 12-year-old boy he knew from his elementary school in Pickering. The older child, who was after the iPhone Mitchell borrowed from his father to listen to music while he walked, smashed Mitchell’s face into the pavement so hard he broke some of the boy’s teeth.

www.guelphmercury.com...

I am often finding people are just becoming morally bankrupt kicking people when they are down, or those who are less fortunate than themselves or even the disabled. The school really should have done more because it seemed like an ongoing issue

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

These articles make my blood boil.

I'm not passing judgement on the parents but why did'nt one of them DRIVE this kid to and from school each day? It's all very well to bring in psychologists but support starts within the home. Father at work, newly step mother obviously did'nt have a clue.

Sorry, but thats how I feel.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Couldn't read page as it was taking too long to load for me. Sad story and I hope that 12 yo was properly dealt with. The poor father too... losing both his wife and his son. This world has good and bad people in it - lets just rid us of the bad!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It's sickening. As a parent, rather than coddle my child, the only thing I can do is teach him to be street smart, like my father taught me. Stand up for yourself and fight, it takes a strong person to endure the world, and has to be nurtured by family and friends. My prayers go out to this child.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Set that kid in front of me and I will send him to the hospital with no teeth, and no hope of ever speaking again.

That is evil. Attack a kid that has a degenerative muscle disease? For his Iphone? HIS DAD'S CELL PHONE?

Who is this kid, Cartman from South Park? Materialism is on its way out. Peace be with that child.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
very sad story.. just reminds me of what a cruel world this can be..

may he rest in peace..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yea the 12 year old got charged with assault at the time and removed from school, however since Mitchell was to testify in court tomorrow (Sept 28th), charges will likely be dropped since the case can't go on but the parents of Mitchell are going to try and compromise and see if the 12 year old go into community service for disabled people

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

The child had a disability and also suffering from shell shock; how on earth do you expect this little boy to defend for himself?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

“He was never the same after the mugging,” said Mitchell’s father, Craig Wilson, who found his son’s lifeless body on Sept. 6 — a plastic bag tied around the young boy’s head — when he went to wake him up for what would have been his first day of Grade 6

Asphyxiation, whether by lack of air or drowning, is typically known to enable the most carnal and primitive survival instincts.

In this case it would result in violent efforts to remove the suffocating bag from one's head...no?

Unless, of course, the individual was already incapacitated by another means. (?)

Go Ahead. Tie a bag around your neck and lemme know how it works out for you ... after you've ripped it off, gasping for air.

Something doesn't seem right with this ...

an 'adult', possibly. a young child, nah. (?)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Everyone in that 11 year old boys life should have done more....in my opinion.......and also I am wondering....was it really suicide?.... or....did his parents not want to bother with him anymore...they could be lying.

This story makes me very sad ....not only for Mitchell......but the many like him who are in similar circumstances...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

“He was never the same after the mugging,” said Mitchell’s father, Craig Wilson, who found his son’s lifeless body on Sept. 6 — a plastic bag tied around the young boy’s head — when he went to wake him up for what would have been his first day of Grade 6

Asphyxiation, whether by lack of air or drowning, is typically known to enable the most carnal and primitive survival instincts.

In this case it would result in violent efforts to remove the suffocating bag from one's head...no?

Unless, of course, the individual was already incapacitated by another means. (?)

Go Ahead. Tie a bag around your neck and lemme know how it works out for you ... after you've ripped it off, gasping for air.

Something doesn't seem right with this ...

an 'adult', possibly. a young child, nah. (?)

After reading this full article, I feel the same way. The parents don't even seem to care..

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Terrible...i really dont know what else to say other than that. This is a huge issue that needs to dealt with. I know where I live in NY quite a few young girls have committed suicide over bullying in the last few years. We need to fix these problems. Enough is enough.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
what we should do is hold the bullys parents accountable.

parents deserve to fear the damage they do to their children.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

He was taking a prescribed walk, not walking to school. A kid he knew from school wanted to steal the iphone his father let him use to listen to music while he walked. But a parent probably should have been walking with him seeing as how he is disabled. Still a very sad story.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

poor little sod..

just wondering.. if you cause someone to commit suicide, is that considered manslaughter? or manslaughter by proxy?.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Unfortunately, many bullies are bullied already by their parents (sometimes physically and/or emotionally abused) or siblings at home.

There's an excellant little book on the market that did wonders for my daughter in primary school:

Back Off Bully; a crash course in stopping bullies by Mark Dobson.
ISBN: 1-86471-085-3

It costs less than $10.00 and explain in very clear English the mindset of bullies, what causes them to become bullies and how to deal with them in a very affective way. The book is great for kids from Year 4 to Year 10 and parents.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Perhaps you weren't reading my reply correctly. I was speaking about my child, and even so, doesn't matter. Personally, if I was a parent of a "disabled" child, I would not sell him short in life on what he can or cannot do. Maybe you are one of those people that would give up when told you should quit....

edit on 9/27/2011 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I just did some research into asphyxiation using a plastic bag...it actually has a name, Exit Bag. Anyway there is a bunch of people debating the efficacy of using this method as an effective means of committing suicide and you are right-it isn't likely to happen without of a lot of work/preparation through various drugs and/or sleeping pills and some sort of restraint. Even then it isn't usually successful. If you're feeling morbid you can read their discussion here...but I warn you it is not pleasant reading.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

What a stupid thing to say. I have a child with a disability and he never walked alone to and from school EVER throughout his whole schooling life!

Me give up? LOL

My child is now 21, still very much at home, and is adored by all his family!

Want to repeat what you just said again?

Perhaps next time you'll think twice before spouting off.....

You don't have a child with a disability.....and thats my point. You DON'T know!
edit on 27-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

who is the one spouting off? You attack me because you took something out of context. Rather than admit a mistake, you would rather give me your life story, as if it somehow discredits me in the light of the thread. You can be right, and I can be right, it still doesn't change the fact that : I still stand behind my statements. Have a nice day and lighten up, sounds like you could use it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join