It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptic seen ufo UK n.ireland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well believe it or not, im a skeptic when it comes to ufos, altho tonight i was looking out the window ive looked out every night for the last 15 years, and not just for a few seconds, this window is the living room window, which is in my feild of veiw from just watching my TV.

Well i seen a ufo, and to be honest its the first ive ever seen one with my own eyes. I dont think it was a freaky alien or anything but maybe someone could just explain it for me.

It was a massive bright light in the sky, but i could see it was moving. It caught my eye immediately, because of its brightness, then it split in two, once that happened i got up and ran to the front door, i could see the bottom light split away from the top one, then they both disappeared with a flash.

After that just thought, god damn ufo wtf, maybe ATS can shead some light light on this.

As a skeptic i just tell myself its just 'one of those things' which kinda means anything except for scary aliens.

I couldn't even think of taking a video becasue of the amount of time i only had and the fact that my phone is a piece of s!*t at taking vids.

Also im in the n.ireland area of the UK just to let you know the area.

edit to add -- Yes i also see this sorted 'stuff ' posted alot and i cant not help but read it. Just feels weird seeing this s*!T for yourself

edit on 26-9-2011 by CharterZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
seems to be alot of ufo sightings around the uk at the moment.. thanks for sharing your experience.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

I've only ever seen lights in the sky once. Long story short it doesn't matter what i saw, because no one will be able to experience it like i did.

Just be happy that you were lucky enough to experience it yourself first hand. It should provide closure of some sort, knowing that the UFO phenomenon is a real thing, regardless of the explanation.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

There seems to have been a lot of sightings in Ireland over the past couple of weeks. On thursday night(Arthurs day) a huge ufo was reported hovering near Carlow, apparently 100's of witnesses, cops had the roads cordoned off etc. A witness rang into fm104 and was on air saying it was lit up like a city in the sky.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Yea its strange seeing the `stuff' first hand, i would like a good explanation of it, and im sure there is one.

unusal to say the least.

Only other strange thing i ever saw, having a smoke at my sky light window one night, I had my eye on one unusally bright star, then the damn thing just dissappeared, but that other story.

ps. forgive my spelling, using the key pad on ps3, laptop is out of action.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Thanks for the reply, id be greatful if you or anyone else could provide any links to ufo sightings in n.ireland/ireland. As ive never heard of any.
Skeptic or not its always an interesting subject.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If I were to be sceptical about your scepticism I might ask why someone that is sceptical of ufo's has an alien grey as an avatar

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
To the O.P

So , what has this sighting done for your skepticism ?

Will you now feel a touch of empathy towards others who may find themselves in your situation ?
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Haha good point, but i think i speak for most skeptists when i say, we would all love it to be true, but i cant believe until im see something concrete or if i wake up one night and some big grey is trying to probe me

Ive got the avatar cause im intested, not because i believe.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Good question and yea i think i might have alittle more empathy, but at the same time i think everyone is gonna have a harder time believing strangers than themselfs.

Just seems like theres alot of strange crap flyin about, and i would like to know what it is, before jumping to aliens.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
reply to post by tpg65

Good question and yea i think i might have alittle more empathy, but at the same time i think everyone is gonna have a harder time believing strangers than themselfs.

Just seems like theres alot of strange crap flyin about, and i would like to know what it is, before jumping to aliens.

You have now learned the most important lesson ......Skeptic , or believer , keep an open mind and evaluate each report or sighting on its merits ..

Regards
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

No i havent learnt that, i think im like yourself, you`ve gotta have an open mind about everything you come across on ats.

I dont believe anything really, i like to take info from a wide range of subjects before `kind off ' making my mind up.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

There seems to have been a lot of sightings in Ireland over the past couple of weeks. On thursday night(Arthurs day) a huge ufo was reported hovering near Carlow, apparently 100's of witnesses, cops had the roads cordoned off etc. A witness rang into fm104 and was on air saying it was lit up like a city in the sky.

surely someone took some photographs of this
100's of witnesses? can you dig any up for us?
if you do, start a thread with them

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I've been watching some of the local discussion sites, so far it's just been mentioned a few times. As I've said there are a lot of reports of strange lights up and down Lienster (basically the south/east side of Ireland) the past two or three weeks. If there is video it will eventually make it's way onto youtube, I'm keeping an eye on that too.

A lot of people don't seem too bothered trying to capture stuff on their phones or whatever, I personally know some people who witnessed a classic disk shaped object at night a few years ago and just watched it moving around, their logic being that it was too far away to capture on video, and that nobody would believe them anyway, they were just excited to have seen it.
edit on 26-9-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Meteorites sometimes split in two due to heat a pressure and create the effect you described. It does make your heart skip a few beats. I can see the tip of Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man (and Scotland) from my local shore overlooking the Solway Firth. I often go down there with the telescope as it is the most shielded from the bright lights of town. I have seen some wonderful meteors, comets, planets and Nebula from down there, and of course satellites a plenty, the ISS and the occasional iridium flare.

edit on 26/9/11 by woogleuk because: Typing upside down and in the dark

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Thanks for your relpy seems the most plausable explanation, but i just hope you know what your taken about lol.

Cheers anyhow.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
8:16 pm sunday 4th october 2009- sheffield england

Since that date, either we humans have created a circular 'classic disk' shaped object that can hover silently in the night sky, or we are being visited by something off this planet that has got this tech

Another thing which I'd like to add is that a military helicopter had flown into the area 10 mins after seeing this, came around the village a few times then went in the direction of the craft. The helicopter was a Merlin chopper. So the military knew this object/craft was there without doubt and Im guessing was scrambled to intercept and ward off the thing! ..

Fortunately, my twin brother and I witnessed it all !

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
seems to be alot of ufo sightings around the uk at the moment.. thanks for sharing your experience.

UK only? I'm in damn Brazil and already saw 3 today. This week I already saw more than 15!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
my wife and I were driving from Scotland to southern Ireland on 20 th august this year and about 9pm or just after, I had to stop beside the road near to Sligo for a call of nature for want of a better word lol
I looked up as it was completely dark as we were in the country side and saw a ball of White light moving from the west to the east at a constant speed. It never changed the brightness even when it disappeared about a few mins later. No flashing lights like a plane or not even a dullness when it seemed to just vanish. I grabbed my small camcorder but it is not for night vision but managed to get something but due to the vibration of me trying to zoom into it, it is not very good and doesn't last long.
Wife is a skeptic in every way but she saw it as well.
We saw one here in Scotland a few years ago and I wrote to that guy Pope who used to work for the MOD in London and he said it was a balloon without even checking with me!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
Well believe it or not, im a skeptic when it comes to ufos, altho tonight i was looking out the window ive looked out every night for the last 15 years, and not just for a few seconds, this window is the living room window, which is in my feild of veiw from just watching my TV.

Well i seen a ufo, and to be honest its the first ive ever seen one with my own eyes. I dont think it was a freaky alien or anything but maybe someone could just explain it for me.

It was a massive bright light in the sky, but i could see it was moving. It caught my eye immediately, because of its brightness, then it split in two, once that happened i got up and ran to the front door, i could see the bottom light split away from the top one, then they both disappeared with a flash.

After that just thought, god damn ufo wtf, maybe ATS can shead some light light on this.

As a skeptic i just tell myself its just 'one of those things' which kinda means anything except for scary aliens.

I couldn't even think of taking a video becasue of the amount of time i only had and the fact that my phone is a piece of s!*t at taking vids.

Also im in the n.ireland area of the UK just to let you know the area.

edit to add -- Yes i also see this sorted 'stuff ' posted alot and i cant not help but read it. Just feels weird seeing this s*!T for yourself

edit on 26-9-2011 by CharterZZ because: (no reason given)

The United States Airforce has a lot going on in this area as well as many other areas in Great Brittan and Ireland. This is a natural choice for launching tests of top secret USAF aircraft with its close proximity to Western Russia andI have known about other tests now declassified.

Before anyone ever even herd of Stealth Tech....the USAF was flying F-117's from your area...then flying over Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union back in 1979 and 1980. The F-117's were never detected and this secret program continued until then President Carter...who was being badly beaten in the pools over defence issues by then GOP contender Ronald Reagan...released the existense of Stealth Tech to the media.

MANY in the USAF and CIA almost had a STROKE over this disclosure as the United States was enjoying unchallenged overflights of many secret military installations without any knowledge by ANYONE including our allies. This secret program also consisted of overflights of China via...Deigo Garcia in the Indian Ocean.

So....it is many years latter and the U.S. has without doubt MANY secret programs that your area would prove to be very much a favorable launch point for. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join