It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim nations demand Israel open its nuke program to IAEA viewing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
It makes me feel so warm and squidgy inside when the tinfoils cite CIA as a source.

Ah, how I love it now come the insults.

Isn't the CIA the source you "Mainstream Lovers" use as long as it fits your agenda?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88

Originally posted by Soshh
It makes me feel so warm and squidgy inside when the tinfoils cite CIA as a source.

Ah, how I love it now come the insults.

Isn't the CIA the source you "Mainstream Lovers" use as long as it fits your agenda?

No you're thinking of the "CIA Lovers".

OH SAME THING RIGHT

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Until they sign it, you cannot hold them to it. Iran did sign it, thus they should be held to it. How is this difficult to understand?

If Israel did not sign onto the NPT, it cannot obtained or purchase uranium (at least legally) on the open market. The $ 64 question is , How does Israel obtain its uranium to make its nuclear weapons?

Thank you!

I was trying to explain that earlier when I first started the thread. People seem to forget the process in order to acquire nuclear weapons. They don't just show up ready to use. There are development and testing stages. Just because you didn't sign the NPT doesn't give you the right to fiddle around and start splitting atoms and enriching weapons grade uranium.

South Africa didn't sign the NPT until they disarmed. They were constantly under international pressure to disarm. How come Israel does not encounter the same protests?

Now that I think about it, Israel treats the Palestinians the same way the Apartheid state in South Africa treated the natives. People always said... "Such a corrupt state should never have the bomb", yet Israel seems to avoid this same criticism by most world powers.

Hypocrites? Yes.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I wonder if Israel would make such an offer?

It's highly doubtful considering that once the nations from the conference mentioned this concern, Israel abstained and did not vote against or acknowledge it. Typical childish behavior from their diplomats. Only American and Israeli officials get away with such arrogance.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

so, let me get this straight. israel has 200+ nuclear warheads and they are not signing the treaty.
their choice and right. right? iran has 0 nuclear warheads, but it does, just like israel, have
a nuclear weapons programme. therefore, when iran actually develops a real nuclear warhead
they are going to use it immediately?

has it ever crossed your mind that iran will be just like israel, having nuclear weapons
but NOT using them? ah, i forgot. they're muslim. right? they will use that bomb right
away!

lol. you #ing warmongers of all colours. playing gods. and telling lies. argh!

In what way have i told lies? In what way am i "playing" God? I'm not a warmonger, i am stating the obvious. Iran is a wildcard. Yes Israel may have nukes and they've had them for a long time but have they ever used them? No and they didn't even sign the charter.

You don't understand the nature of Islam and until you do you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. The core tenet of islam is "convert or kill", there are 135 versus in the quran that insight muslim to do murder. The moderates will not (yet anyway) follow those orders, but the radicals definately will. Thats the kind of crazy people the region is facing and the rest of the world. Fanatics. There is nothing worse than a fanatic. It doesn't matter what religion they are a fanatic is dangerous period, because in their zeal they ignore the rights of other people.

link   

Originally posted by ALF88

If Iran is not a signatory, then you cannot hold them to the treaty. If they wish to withdraw, they should do so.

Why would they? They only use nuclear energy for peaceful purposes.
Does anybody actually believe that? Why so much secrecy for peaceful purposes? I don't believe it for one second. If they want to build nukes, just withdraw from the treaty.

I absolutely loved this post. Your undying defense and loyalty to Israel, but yet you still had the gall to say this
truly some straight up laugh factory humor there.

The bottom line is Israel is the only "Do No Wrong" country in the world. Everyone is scared to stand up to Israel because of a holocaust that happened almost 2 generations ago. It's strikingly similar to those that still hold onto slavery. Eventually you know moving on isn't all that bad. I mean honestly because the Jewish people were murdered by a tyrant somehow allows them to be excused from being tyrants.

Israel is the only country in the world that truly disgusts me as they do whatever they want and no one ever does anything to them for it. America and the UK stand by Israel tooth and nail regardless of there actions.

The only two reasons nothing is ever done to Israel.

1. The Holocaust
2. World wide Christian Community

link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

How Typical CNN isnt even reporting on it. Or should Call CNN INN?

I noticed that too, regrettably I'm not surprised. It was very surprising to see this story in the Washington Post though. I came across it by chance while visiting another site that linked to it. I guess they were hoping the whole Palestine/Israel issue would sweep it under the rug. One would think such a story would gain more attention.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Why does Israel have ANY right to tell countries if the can or can not have Nuclear weapons?

My logical response to that question would be ... they have no right to tell others whether or not they can have nuclear weapons.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by GLaDOS

Why does Israel have ANY right to tell countries if the can or can not have Nuclear weapons?

My logical response to that question would be that... they have no right to tell others whether or not they can have nuclear weapons.

To right, lets not forget what has been told to us today. Israel didn't sign into the accord so they should have no voice in the accord either. Sounds logical to me.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

What exactly are you looking for? What would constitute proof, in your eyes, and how can it be properly and satisfactorily established (in public) without Iranian cooperation and transparency? What do you think we not doing at the moment that we should be doing to prove/disprove the theory that Iran is developing a deliverable nuclear weapon?

Well, in order to make sure and prove that Iran is not pursuing a nuclear weapon we must make sure they abide by the international regulations they agreed to. They must submit to regular inspections, and be transparent with their energy program.

So far there have been multiple agencies who claim they are following these guidelines. Of course there was the New York Times story released a while ago spreading lies and using words such as could or might, instead of is or are. The usual nonsense from the media.

I am not sure I completely answered your question, but what I am looking for is Israel to provide the same transparency they demand from other countries. If they want the world to take them seriously, they should stop acting like children.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Israel isn't rulled by some nutbag who is trying to bring the 12th Imam via mass genocide of jews. Thats why Iran is developing nuclear weapons. not because every other kid on the block has them but because Iran actually intends to use theirs at some point to further their agenda.

I beg to differ.

Israel has stated it will destroy the planet if it feels threatened enough.

In 2003, Martin van Creveld, a professor of military history at Israel’s Hebrew University, thought that the Al-Aqsa Intifada then in progress threatened Israel's existence.[19] Van Creveld was quoted in David Hirst's "The Gun and the Olive Branch" (2003) as saying: "We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.' I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.[20]

source

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

Well, in order to make sure and prove that Iran is not pursuing a nuclear weapon we must make sure they abide by the international regulations they agreed to. They must submit to regular inspections, and be transparent with their energy program.

I agree. The problem is that they aren't. Iran recently offered "full supervision" (or words to that effect) in return for the lifting of sanctions, but soon after announcing the "offer" Abbasi made it apparent that the offer was far less than what the IAEA is actually requesting of them.

So far there have been multiple agencies who claim they are following these guidelines. Of course there was the New York Times story released a while ago spreading lies and using words such as could or might, instead of is or are. The usual nonsense from the media.

What story was that?

I am not sure I completely answered your question, but what I am looking for is Israel to provide the same transparency they demand from other countries. If they want the world to take them seriously, they should stop acting like children.

I think that they're taken seriously in the most important sense, or what Israel thinks is most important at least. Wasn't "mad dog" the persona that they're after?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

It was a story that Intrepid mentioned in the first few pages of this thread while discussing with another member. Regrettably I am unable to find the link right now. Hopefully Intrepid will see this and perhaps be able to get us the link.

I will make sure to share if I find it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The difference between Israel and Iran, is that Israel isn't rulled by some nutbag who is trying to bring the 12th Imam via mass genocide of jews.

Good job bringing in religion into a matter that is NOT religious.

That ....and the difference between Iran and Israel is this : Iran is not subjecting its jewish population to the atrocities and the humiliation that muslims living in Israel are going through.

edit on 25-9-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Quoting Moshe Dayan who passed on 30 years back is hardly relevant to today's situation, It'd be like me laying out a policy of the US to nuke Chinese cities indiscriminately based on comments of Curtis Lemay and Douglas MacArthur, further claiming that it is US policy today.

It's not that I won't except proof or quotation but by any standards it should be timely.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by DarthMuerte

Would you apply the same logic if Iran withdrew from the treaty and pursued nuclear weapons?

"They withdrew from the treaty, why should they follow it?"

You mean like how Iran HAS done those things? Middle eastern nations refuse time and time again to allay Western Nations fears about there nuclear stock piling and manufacturing of nukes so why in the hell should Western Nations do any different for them.

I swear I have never heard a bigger bunch of people anywhere but on ATS, wanting the Western Nations to be so acquiescent to Middle Eastern countries who wont do the same.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Trying to Investigate Israel's Nuke Program isn't a good idea.

Just ask John F.Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, JFK Jr. , Edward Kennedy, David A. Kennedy, Michael Kennedy, Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, Lauren Bessette, Rosemary Kennedy, many many more!

...ehh....

Scratch that, they're dead.

www.infoplease.com...

en.wikipedia.org... www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-9-2011 by 2PLUS2IS22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2011 by 2PLUS2IS22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

edit on 25/9/2011 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
reply to post by patternfinder

I am feeling so sorry for you - it hurts.

You must feel you are quite enlightened, compared to most, if you pity someone who like most of the globe, know that the USA(Along with many others before you think i just dislike the States) has committed such destruction. You may make it as a candidate for Fox News Anchor yet.
You're PsyOps Is Top Notch.

BTW.
Feel Free. Just remember you're not.

On Topic...
All Countries who partake in its development should make all of their Nuclear Knowledge available. All of them. All of it.
That is my TwoPence.
Peace.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 2PLUS2IS22

I have heard people make the connection that JFK ended up dead not long after he publically criticized Israel's nuclear weapons program. It makes sense. I have not studied that angle very much. I hope those officials from the conference have good body guards. Israel does not like to be called out. Bad things happen to those who speak against Israel.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join