It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: NASA: U.S. back in UARS satellite strike zone!!!!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

As am I, I'm really shocked to say the least. I really thought NASA knew what was going on and had an eye on things and would let us know what happened, but that didn't happen. I don't guess NASA will tell us if a huge asteroid or comet were about to impact us

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaching
I have learned one important thing from this adventure: if anything falling from the sky were to put us in imminent danger, we probably wouldn't know it.

Thinking that as i was watching the thread

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
SKYNEWS:

Missing Satellite , where is it ??

Now.

link   
Ive been out of the loop for a little bit.

Has it impacted yet?

link   
While it is the middle of the night here, there are still no updates on the Canadian news sites. Wouldn't you think that if something had fallen from the sky there would be a top news story?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yep. We can track all the planets and asteroids in the solar system and hit them with satellites with the precision of a hole in one, but Nasa somehow can't tell us with any certainty where this thing came down... Uh huh

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaching
While it is the middle of the night here, there are still no updates on the Canadian news sites. Wouldn't you think that if something had fallen from the sky there would be a top news story?

Yeah I agree it's odd there's nothing. All I can find is that NASA isn't sure the location and they think Alberta.
Not sure?? REALLY?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I got a hunch NASA and NORAD
know where this thing is, and have known
all night. I was not too worried about it
falling and hitting me, I was more worried about how to
hide it from them when it fell in the yard.

link   
reply to post by Reaching

Here is one.

link   
talk about slow, it still going on on the site i'm on, i would of got hit by it, thinking it was still in the sky. Google sat track - uars absolutely NO GOOD, For timming on that sort of thing. Some of us were on different sites all over, watching it in different times. Now the lesson learned here is all about information and how slow it comes in and we are the LAST to hear about anything. How true.
edit on 24-9-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
talk about slow, it still going on on the site i'm on, i would of got hit by a comet thinking it was still in the sky. Google sat track - uars absolutely NO GOOD, For timming on that sort of thing. Some of us were on different sites all over, watching it in different times. Now the lesson learned here is all about information and how slow it comes in and we are the LAST to hear about anything. How true.

Except that it was a simulation, a prediction of sorts of the orbital path of the satellite, but this was mentioned many times before.

link   
Humm and I was going to go to bed.
time for Coffee and a re consideration about 'did the UARS come down in Canada or ....? Where?'

Having said that I notice someone has made a good point about the fact that perhaps location of debris is unlikely to be reported so that recovery of these 'parts' can take place? its a good thought if nothing else.

link   
reply to post by superman2012

Yes, but that's not exactly a definitive report.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Ive been out of the loop for a little bit.

Has it impacted yet?

Fell somewhere in Canada

link   

Reuters news agency reports indicate that people in the western Nigerian town of Ogbomosho saw shooting stars in the pre-dawn sky at approx. 5:45 am on Sept 24 that has tentatively been identified as the likely debris from the UARS satellite. But Reuters has not posted this information on the web. Other reports are indicating it has come down in northern Quebec, Canada.

Wikipedia

I looked up a bit, the sky was nice and clear, there were so many trees around that I did not have a very big view...at about 10:15 PM here in East Texas I had seen a nice shooting star...I suppose...thirty minutes later one near the same place, just didn't last as long!

link   
Were talkin to some people, and were lookin for some stuff... were figurin it all out... and we'll get back to you !

Chris Rock

link   
reply to post by Reaching

True, but at least I can stop waiting for it to pass over me in hopes of a great show now.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheldonCooper
SKYNEWS:

Missing Satellite , where is it ??

Now.

A link would be lovely.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Apparently the astronauts that were at Jupiter, flew in and took it away.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11

Originally posted by cloaked4u
talk about slow, it still going on on the site i'm on, i would of got hit by a comet thinking it was still in the sky. Google sat track - uars absolutely NO GOOD, For timming on that sort of thing. Some of us were on different sites all over, watching it in different times. Now the lesson learned here is all about information and how slow it comes in and we are the LAST to hear about anything. How true.

Except that it was a simulation, a prediction of sorts of the orbital path of the satellite, but this was mentioned many times before.

OH, so there is no sat falling from space, IT WAS A SIMULATION, as you say, A PREDICTION. Why was this on the news then?

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join