It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children as young as EIGHT filmed taking part in cage fighting... and it's LEGAL

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by BadNinja68

I have nothing against young lads learning to take care of themselves and getting some discapline, but this is just a slippery slope mate.. What next for our "entertainment"?

I used to compete as a kid too, but it was not like this. This is open to soo much abuse its unreal

What's next?
I dunno... rugby, futbol, or some other much more VIOLENT sports.

You used to "compete as a kid" in what capacity?
A Karate tournament?
You mean a contest where you kicked and punched another kid?

In your vast training were you ever given a book on Ju-jistu? Judo ( WHICH IS NOW AN OLYMPIC SPORT!!!)?

Educate yourselves before having a knee-jerk reaction.

This is more safe than futbol ( soccer) or basketball, where there are many many more injuuries.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
What's the difference from little kids putting on boxing gloves, like Golden gloves kids Boxing.

This was nothing on vid, not even allow to punch each other, which is right at that age.

This is nothing different than what my grandkids do at family get togethers.

What a buch of wooses.

If they start doing caged death matches then worry.

Yeah , don't see a problem here , there's no contact .. lotsa people should maybe not go to Muay Thai matches.

edit on 21-9-2011 by DevilsApprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I thought it was a good fight.

Octagon fighting is relativly quite safe. I dont think anyone has ever died. Unlike boxing where there has been many deaths.

They both seem well trained. Personaly i would have like to see them both with hand mits, I dont know what the rules were for that match but i didnt see either of them doing any punching.

As for the crying well thats a part of fight training, you have to master your emotions. I was at an MMA match a few months back where adult women were fighting and the losers were crying there to.

Overall the fighting was pretty tame compared to fights me and my friends used to get into in the playground when i was their age.

edit on 21-9-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
yep..so cool to have children fighting in cages...

what a disgusting world..

Really just another reason to not bring children into this screwed up mess of a society..

Then we wonder why kids snap, and take an Ak47 to school.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Have you seen the video? I don't actually have much of a problem with it, lots of kids that sort of age do Judo or full contact martial arts. It's the same thing. And that sort of fighting teaches discipline and control.

Typical Daily Fail fear-mongering in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Its not that violent
people are overeacting, that sport reminds me of Judo does that make Judo violent then?

edit on 21-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
If you read the article it states no striking is allowed til 14 or 15...so they're grappling or doing jiu jitsu...not quite as violent as you suggested.

Exactly, and besides. Kids take part in karate classes all the time.

All I have to say about this is.... So what?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
yep..so cool to have children fighting in cages...

what a disgusting world..

Really just another reason to not bring children into this screwed up mess of a society..

Then we wonder why kids snap, and take an Ak47 to school.

I usually agree with you. Not in this case though. No striking is allowed until 14-15 years old. All they are doing is grappling. Not violent at all. Grappling and fighting are two very different things.

Kids participate in karate classes all the time.

Again, I say, so what? let them learn to defend themselves.... It is not encouraging them to be violent. Just preparing them in case they are ever attacked.

Those kids who snapped are often bullied and picked on. Maybe that would not happen if they knew how to defend themselves.
edit on 21-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I understand condition training at that age, but save the actual matches and sparring for like 12 or 14 year olds.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Press Association has picked up on this as well;

uk.news.yahoo.com...

In my opinion, this is simply using children for adult entertainment, and is wrong on many levels. Granted, kids should be taught to defend themselves, but not like this!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by royspeed
The Press Association has picked up on this as well;

uk.news.yahoo.com...

In my opinion, this is simply using children for adult entertainment, and is wrong on many levels. Granted, kids should be taught to defend themselves, but not like this!

Wait so you agree that martial arts tournaments and any other sports that a kid can get hurt in is a point of exploitation on their half by parents? Other sports such as footy, wrestling, ice hockey, karate comes to mind. Just because it's in a cage people like you jump the gun.

On what so many levels is it wrong? Is it wrong for someone to compete from the skills they learned in martial arts? Especially from a sport as safe as jujitsu? Is it wrong for parents to cheer their kids on? Is it wrong to compete in a cage because for you any other arena wouldn't have an outcry over it?

Have you ever actually watched a jujitsu match? or even understood the concept of grappling instead of striking and how much more safer the sport is? Also to mention that this event had referees, judges and paramedics on hand for the safety of the kids just in case.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
hmmm..ok for all you christians..who are defending this..

do you really see jesus..in the crowd..cheering this on, and saying..its good for them..let them grapple?

Just curious?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Those kids who snapped are often bullied and picked on. Maybe that would not happen if they knew how to defend themselves.

I can understand your logic to the rest of your post..to some extent... but would this type of encouragement not cause more physical violence in the schools..and kids thinking they should solve their differences with fighting...

then the police get called to the schools..and people wonder why these kids are dealing with all their unresolved issues with physical aggression?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

hmmm..ok for all you christians..who are defending this..

do you really see jesus..in the crowd..cheering this on, and saying..its good for them..let them grapple?

Just curious?

I dunno..I think he would appreciate the beauty and grace of Jujitsu.
This isnt a fight.
There is no anger.
Don't hate what you dont understand.
Jesus would have at the very least an open mind.
and he would ask of you the same.

It's an understanding of physics and physiology, and their application on the human body.

Statistically speaking, children who get martial arts training at early ages tend to be more in control, and less likely to "snap" due to stress.
Visit any martial arts class for kids. They teach a peaceful way. The art isnt in the violence. Self control and a humble heart is taught.

BTW...

More people have been tortured and killed in the name of Jesus than anyone else.. apparantly while he watched.
I doubt 2 kids wrestling would even raise his eyebrow.

Bad analogy.

Isnt Brazillian JuJitsu taught in Brazillian public schools now?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
big deal. these kids get pushed to do something with their lives and learn combat techniques. once they begin to love it theyll enter tournaments and make alot of money. i see no problem with it?

and as for the post above BJJ and some MMA courses are taught in schools along with college courses.
edit on 21-9-2011 by Bonkrh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I can see my boys begging to do something like this. If the kids want to do it let them, if you have to force the child into doing it, then there is a problem.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
BTW, the thread title is very misleading.

Here.. sometimes even wiki has some decent information.

en.wikipedia.org...

Educate yourself just a bit.
Understand the complexity of the most basic aspects of jj/Bjj and you can appreciate it's beauty.

This is as far from mindless violence as it gets. There is philosophy involved at every level, and bjj teaches you that philosophy and thought is more powerful than physical strength or size.

BJJ or grappling is the PERFECT martial art for kids.
Thought, philosophy, strategy and control is the key, and strikes and kicks are not the focus of the art,.

These kids will never be bullied.
They will laugh off a bully. No need to prove anything or feel afraid.
no need to fight.
And,....as a last resort.. if physically attacked they wont get hurt.

edit on 9/21/1111 by BadNinja68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If the kids are into it, let them fight. MMA is the victim of public perception, and we all know how that gets twisted by the media and social demagogues. Having attended a few MMA events, the first thing that struck me was how polite and respectful the fighters and crowd were in all directions.I would much sooner take my kids to MMA than a pro Soccer game.

Some people just despise and/or fear pugilism. That's fine by me and I hope nobody ever forces it on them. But some people love and/or excel at it, and if they practice it amongst others of similar mind in a suitable environment, then what harm. It's very rare you'll hear of an MMA figher in bar brawls or such. They practice their craft and that's it.

Why do those who dislike the sport have to attack it and try to put it out of existence? Live and let live?

As a child I was obsessed with rugby. Nobody in my family friends or school was into the game. Everyone told me it was dangerous, stupid, a sport for thugs that would leave you with brain damage , a wrecked spine and no teeth. They were of course all wrong and 30 years on are now big fans of the game, not because of me but because of it's growing popularity and media coverage and of course, mass acceptance.

I'm pretty sure none of those kids wiould be in that cage if they didn't want to. Of course they'll get hurt, that's part of the process.None of the people outside the cage are getting hurt. Worry about the ref if you're going to worry about anyone.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I can understand your logic to the rest of your post..to some extent... but would this type of encouragement not cause more physical violence in the schools..and kids thinking they should solve their differences with fighting...

When being taught at places like this. Or any martial arts place, you are taught that fighting is a last resort. To use your brain first and your fists last.

It teaches you to be prepared should there be no other choice but to defend yourself, and let's be honest. This is a crappy world, sometimes people do end up having to defend themselves... Say, against a mugger.

These classes, they encourage you to use your head, not your fists. But they also prepare you for the rare event in which, using your head does not cut it.

So, no, I do not think it encourages more violence. Just as kids in these classes are taught, it encourages them to escape dangerous situations using their heads....and never to fight, unless there is absolutely no other way out.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Are you guys serious?? This isnt anything bad at all.

Did you all forget about wrestling and football that millions of young kids across the world participate in? Thats just as, if not more dangerous than these two kids having an exhibition grappling match. If the kids were punching each other in the face or choking each other out I could see the issue. But this? really?

Those who say the issue is the 'look' of the cage and the crowd have no idea what else goes into being a mixed martial artist. The cage (since rings are rarely used anymore) is a pivotal part of grappling as you can use it to get back up or to position yourself properly and more effectively against your opponent.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join