It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disaster Proof 'Castle' Being Built in Ozark Mountains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I know many of you may remember all the speculation surrounding the supposed inside knowledge of Government concerning some kind of impending disaster that would flood a large amount of the US. There was a fairly popular thread created by Windwaker back in April, that referenced a 12 part video by John R. Moore, who has a an impressive resume with military intelligence.
Thread by Windmaker

Here is the first of the 12 10min long videos. If you have never watched them, I highly recommend it. Of course, once you watch the first, you wont be able to stop...

Basically he suggests that the Govt knows about the impending disaster and is preparing. He suggests that many Naval Intelligence personnel are moving to the Ozark mountains after retirement because it's a known safe zone. Below is a link to the flood map described by John Moore.
Quick Link to Flood Map

Now, the reason I revived this issue. I happened to notice an odd bit this morning on the Today Show. Multi-millionaire Steven Huff is building an outrageous disaster proof mansion, you guessed it, in the Ozark mountains. Why!? With all that money, why would one choose the build the 4th largest house in the nation in Springfield MO? And to go so far out of the way to make it:
1. Disaster proof (poured cement walls)
2. Self Sufficient - Completely independent of the power grid
Here is a link to this segment:
Today Show
edit on 21-9-2011 by TomServo because: updated name

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Who would have ever thought that the modern hillbillies would be billionaires?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Comparing the Naval map with a map of the current US tells me that Sprinfield will replace Norfolf, VA Naval Station.

How violent of a event it would be is spectulation, this could take place over decades, if not centuries. If it took place over hours or days? We're screwed. But there is little people could do about it except move to where they think they might be safe. Like that will happen.

We'll see.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Nope. The mansion won't even be ready until 2013 or something. No conspiracy there.

I believe the guy is building it 1. because he can and 2. to make money. He bought the plant and the technology to make the super strong concrete and will make billions more money selling the process and product to others.

If you can make a tornado proof building in Missouri you are going to be successful.
If you can make an earthquake proof building in California then that aught to earn you a good buck too.

Being energy efficient is just smart. Nothing wrong or sinister about that.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The market for shelters and safe spaces is growing by leaps and bounds. Most shelter companies are backed up with orders, finding it hard to keep up.....

whether your concern is,nuclear bombs, tornados and hurricanes, government control, war, earthquakes, home invasions....they have a shelter for you....

fear is big business right now

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I believe he is from Virginia. Watch the video and you'll see that he is hardly a 'hillbilly'.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Oh... excuse me. And i suppose you know when this disaster will be? Maybe you are the one we need to be asking these questions to...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yeah building one of these myself.

www.rumormillnews.com...

Good stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

How violent of a event it would be is spectulation, this could take place over decades, if not centuries. If it took place over hours or days? We're screwed. But there is little people could do about it except move to where they think they might be safe

Excellent point! I believe, according to John Moore, the event would take about 5 - 10 years. IF the map is correct, Mr. Huffs mansion will end up conveniently situated on the new coast.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I was just reading this story on my local news website and it made me wonder about all the sudden interest in "disaster proofing". It's like on one side of their mouths they tell us everything is fine, but with the other they suggest that things are not. Maybe I've spent to much time on here, but I trust no one anymore. It just seems hinky.

I also hate the fact that the rich are the only ones who can even consider building something like this, although I imagine that there could be survivors of a large event of every economic level as humans are quite resourceful when necessary. Of course, the spoiled wealthy would be in for a rude awakening when everything they know is gone and they might have to do more for themselves.

On the other hand, the technology incorporated in this home is pretty amazing. I have to wonder what it's costing in the end.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm in the propane biz, and around here it it used to fuel back-up power generators. a few years ago the rich folks who used to ask for 5 days storage capacity started asking for 15 - 20 days storage capacity

that's usually 2,000 - 3,000 gallons of fuel for a mansion type home

we used to joke about them knowing something we don't

it may be typical excesses of the wealthy (these people have indoor and outdoor swimming pools on the same property as an example) or maybe they are worried

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Edgar Casey once prophysied that the water of the Gulf of Mexico would join with that of the Great Lakes.

I have seen the flood maps before .

Living in the hills of northern Alabama, it would appear I am about to have a beach.

Hearing about the efforts being put into this "mansion", I am also reminded of something I once read.

" All castles are ready for a direct assault. They are most easily defeated by exployting a weakness in their foundations".

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
reply to post by wayno

Oh... excuse me. And i suppose you know when this disaster will be? Maybe you are the one we need to be asking these questions to...

I'm not saying whether there will or won't be a disaster and when it could be. I'm just saying this is not why he is building this thing. Castles have been built thru eternity by wealthy people who had some reason to be afraid.

Who or what this guy might be afraid of, or even that he is afraid of something is pure speculation at this point. My point that he is going to profit off of this is not speculation. Its a sure thing.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I apologize... You make a good point. I admit it is pure speculation. However, it is quite coincidental. Just watching the segment content being broadcast on the MSM provoked a lot of speculation on my part.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Gol durn uppity fool city folk!
Always thinkin' thar better than tha other feller.

While formal education is fine and all, it rarely beats common sense.

Combine the two and you'll be rich. But that seems to be a rarity these days.

I agree with Wayno, he’s looking into tech that will sell, and what better way to do so but build a model home to show off to current and future investors.

Besides, if the New Madrid fault cracks and it survives…we’ll be seeing new building codes soon after. And he'll be even richer.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
Now, the reason I revived this issue. I happened to notice an odd bit this morning on the Today Show. Multi-millionaire Steven Huff is building an outrageous disaster proof mansion, you guessed it, in the Ozark mountains. Why!?

Because the Ozarks are beautiful. I vacation with my family there all the time and we dream of retiring to the area some day. It may be as simple as that. As for why he's building it as a "disaster-proof" mansion, well if I had the money I would too
Why not if you've just got money to burn, might as well build it to last.

top topics

join