It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS) and it's gonna hit America.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here we are again friends rulled by fear and anticipation again excactlly what they want (the sheep and the sheep dog) controlled again by hidden monsters in the dark, since the begining of time man has been the victim of his own shadow , i belive in conspiracy and what the rewards are for the illumanated few within it brings , but the ruling so called elite know we will always fall foul to one of our main atuned intense intinct FEAR . we search we get excited and intrested in the unknown but we should try never to be controlled by it. The UARS will soon be a distant memory ..living? or not? if not dont worry itll be simple ....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thenthinkagain
Here we are again friends rulled by fear and anticipation again excactlly what they want (the sheep and the sheep dog) controlled again by hidden monsters in the dark, since the begining of time man has been the victim of his own shadow , i belive in conspiracy and what the rewards are for the illumanated few within it brings , but the ruling so called elite know we will always fall foul to one of our main atuned intense intinct FEAR . we search we get excited and intrested in the unknown but we should try never to be controlled by it. The UARS will soon be a distant memory ..living? or not? if not dont worry itll be simple ....

What in the hell are you talking about? Why is it so difficult for 3 out of 4 posters to gather what the ratio 1:3200 actually means? It doesn't mean 1 out of every 3200 earth dwelling humans are going to be squashed by falling satellite debris, it means there is a 1 in 3200 chance that there will be one incident among the entire populous of Earth.......nobody is ruling anybody by fear and anticipation. Nobody is being "controlled by hidden monsters in the dark". There is no reward for the Illuminati. Living or not? My money is on you will probably stub your toe, and that will be the worst thing that happens to you on the day the satellite reenters. Perhaps those "agendas" you have laid out exist. Perhaps they don't. But I can say with certainty that they do NOT exist in regards to the reentry of this satellite. 1:3200 means 1:3200 within regards to the ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE PLANET. There is a significantly less than 1 in six billion chance you will be hit by any space junk. As a previous poster stated, the odds are actually closer to 1 in some amount of trillions, and those odds will probably become greater as the reentry begins.
edit on 9/21/2011 by mademyself1984 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/21/2011 by mademyself1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well, what I would give to own a piece that landed...or a piece of meteorite someday!!!...sadly tis not to be as it's government property. High chance of it landing in water as most of Earth has oceans.....

Saw a meteorite come over where I live and it can be very deceptive...yah think it's just over the mountain when in actual fact it's gone half way round the world. lol

I have no fear about this piece of space debris...Personally there's so much crap up in space it's time to get a Red Dwarf type of 'Cleaning Services' ship going.

However, I read story about a guy who nearly got killed when a small piece of space debris landed through top of his car and went into the ground ...Had he been sat in the car at the time (because of the sheer velocity of the thing) he would have had a hole right through his body....a rare case I am sure!!
not to fear monger because this is likely to scatter and burn up in atmosphere apart from the pieces as outlined by Phage.
My bets are that it will land in one of our huge oceans.....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Thanks for the post OP

I sure hope it doesn't land anywhere near your "Satellite Tracking" link lol I'm just 6 miles up the street, in Paola.

Then again, who doesn't want to score one of the 26 pieces. I wouldn't mind getting me a piece o history... still a little nervous.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Are there any alternative links for the Satellite Tracker, the OP's link is broken... Thanx

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Space.com

anywhere between the latitudes of northern Canada and southern South America. Scientists will be able to refine these projections as the spacecraft makes its fiery journey through the atmosphere.

I really hope I am wrong, But I feel like it's gonna hit America.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Also now the 5 day tracking option is not working. I am really freaking out about this. I am not worried about myself more for who it might hit.

I hope everyone stays safe in the next few days.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

As of 1:30 p.m. EDT Sept. 21, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 120 mi by 130 mi (190 km by 205 km). Re-entry is expected sometime during the afternoon of Sept. 23, Eastern Daylight Time. The satellite will not be passing over North America during that time period. It is still too early to predict the time and location of re-entry with any more certainty, but predictions will become more refined in the next 24 to 48 hours.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

See phage, that's what worries me. Why does one place say one thing and one says another. I am one of those on the fence with Nasa, I don't think they would tell us the whole truth...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The link is there alright
but not working, now why
would that be. I would
like to see a map of the
location and be able
to follow it.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Huh?
This is what your link says:

A dead NASA satellite will plummet to Earth will on Friday (Sept. 23), and while the U.S. space agency doesn't know exactly where pieces of the massive spacecraft will hit, one thing is certain: North America is in the clear.

www.space.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Current predictions of the potential impact zone cover a giant swath of the planet — anywhere between the latitudes of northern Canada and southern South America. Scientists will be able to refine these projections as the spacecraft makes its fiery journey through the atmosphere.

"It's partly a matter of not knowing enough," said Ray Williamson, executive director of the Secure World Foundation, an organization dedicated to the peaceful use of outer space. "The shape of the structure is not perfectly spherical, so when it heats up and starts to break up, it will break into odd pieces. Once it begins to break up, then they can get a better sense of where this is roughly going to hit."

This is from space.com. The fist part says anywhere between the latitudes of northern Canada and southern South America.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Also they are quoting NASA I am sure.

A dead NASA satellite will plummet to Earth will on Friday (Sept. 23), and while the U.S. space agency doesn't know exactly where pieces of the massive spacecraft will hit, one thing is certain: North America is in the clear.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

This is from space.com. The fist part says anywhere between the latitudes of northern Canada and southern South America.

And that is true. It will re-enter somewhere between 57S and 57N, the latitudes of Canada and South America. What is not known is the longitude. However it is now known that it will not be on a longitude of North America.

edit on 9/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So much epic fail in this thread.

Originally posted by CLPrime
Why is it so hard for some people to grasp probabilities?

Good question.

You, or any other random person of your choosing, have a 1 in 21,440,000,000,000 chance of being hit. Maybe they should have put it that way to begin with...then, maybe all this nonsense could've been avoided.

You did it yet AGAIN.

Apparently, you only care about YOU. You apparently don't care about anyone else on this planet. See, I DO care about whether an innocent person (who is probably not me or you) may be injured or killed by NASA's callous policies. So to me, and to anyone who does care about others, the odds (according to NASA) are 1:3200 that this will affect us. Is that clearer to you now?

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
I have to ask....do you drive a car? Ride a motorcycle? Fly (or fly in, as a passenger) commercial or private aircraft? Do you smoke? Do you consume alcohol? If you answered 'yes' to any of the above, then, with all due respect, I label you a hypocrite.

If I drive my motorcycle off the wing of a plane in the rain while smoking M80's, that is my choice. What choice will the 1/3200 chance victim have had? Did they vote for a satellite to rain down on their head? Good god, this isn't hard to grasp.

If you do any of those things, your behavior is placing peoples' lives at risk, with odds that, in some cases, are similar to the odds of being injured by debris from the UARS, and yet you dare wonder if NASA is "somehow above the law", or "above any ethics requirement"?

Most of the things you listed would not affect other people unless you added in carelessness. If someone carelessly drives a car into bystanders, they are going to prison.

As has been stated, if one of us decided to fling an empty bus into a city tomorrow, and it had a 1:3200 chance of injuring or killing someone, we'd be arrested. Why is NASA allowed to take this chance with innocent peoples' lives? That's the disparity and the injustice and that's the problem.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

You did it yet AGAIN.

Have you ever read The Monster at the End of This Book?

So to me, and to anyone who does care about others, the odds (according to NASA) are 1:3200 that this will affect us. Is that clearer to you now?

Fine. There's a 1 in 3200 chance of it affecting the human species. It's still not a significant probability.
And, like I said, it likely doesn't matter anyway, as the probability is bound to tend toward 0 as the "impact" time nears.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Wrong... it will hit near the coast of japan.

reply to post by KingJod

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Yes, it is going to enter the atmosphere and land right on top of... your house! Interesting thread though. Does anyone think it will burn up in the atmosphere first?

edit on 22-9-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I was wondering why a thread had not been started spelling doom and gloom from this event and bang, here it is! Though I was expecting some kind of "UARS is Elenin in disguise!!!" I think the most probable scenerio will be what's left of it after re-entry (which will be considerably smaller) landing in the sea/ocean. Even if what's left of it hits land, I should imagine the risk of it hitting a person is still remote. I wouldn't worry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join