It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A donation that will save Greece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Hello ATSers

Last night i came across an amazing story and i would like to share it with all of you.

A news site that i usually read has this article about a donation made by a Greek family to the state and all the Greeks.

At the beginning of last century, in 1904, the National Bank of Greece founded the "Bank of the Orient", commonly known as the «Banque d 'Orient». The bank was subsequently developed in three main areas. Salonika, Smyrna and Alexandria. In 1932 the "East Bank" bought and merged with the parent of National Bank of Greece.

The shares were in gold and guarantor of any such stock was and still is... the Bank of France.

The refugees from Ionia, Cappadocia, the Caucasus, who eventually called for liquidation of the shares held by bank employees heard, especially after 1940 to respond to how the bills had no longer any value. The matter was forgotten. Some grandmothers and grandfathers some from Asia Minor had kept some of those shares in the chests. Others in the lockers until, forty of them appeared suddenly. Holder is a family from Patras .

The family took the shares to the National bank of Greece and the bank informs them in September 2010,that the shares hold no value.The family doesn't give up.They contact experts on banking issues and legal and economic factors.

And here's the surprise for the family.Mr. Theodore Karyotis is professor of economics at the University of Maryland in the U.S. and teaches Macroeconomics, International Economic Relations and microeconomics. He had gone to the valuation of shares. The conclusion is cuff. Each share of gold "Bank of East" now valued at 670 billion each. One and a half the current debt of Greece, which amounts to 450 billion . The total value of 40 shares approaching 30 trillion euros.

So this family decided to establish a non-profit organization, the «END».They donated 4 shares(remember 670 billion each) to the state.The value of the 4 shares is sufficient to pay the debt of Greece and the accumulated debt to banks for the Greek citizens and the existence of a large reserve for economic growth(at least this is what the family wants).

Too good to be true?Yes this is what i thought myself.Up to now there is no official response to this by the goverment or any politician and all the major Greek news sites and channels haven't reported this yet.A few blogs and the site i will link only have the story.

Source in Greek

I am afraid that they will cover up the story and the money will be lost.But if this happens according to the family's plans i have one thing to say:

Eat your heart out IMF.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Phantom traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This won't (be allowed to) work.

The IMF doesn't want it's money back, it wants Greece in debt so it can control it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
This won't (be allowed to) work.

The IMF doesn't want it's money back, it wants Greece in debt so it can control it.

how can they refuse
thats how loans work
they cant say oh we dont actually accept repayments so your doomed forever

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This wont work.
Shares are only worth what other people are willing to pay for them.

Coming up with old documents and announcing that they're worth hundreds of billions of dollars is no better than printing a few hundred billion dollar notes on your home computer.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

Yes that's what i thought.But you never know.Hope dies last.Maybe they will have no choise but to accept it.

reply to post by alfa1

The shares are in gold.Gold worths a lot these days.
And the documents are legal.

I don't know how the whole stock market thing works,but if a proffesor of economics says the shares haven't lost their value,propably knows something more.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

If its one of these, an ebay sale says they're worth $14.50.
ebay

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Lol. Greece is going to have to take some of that money and use it to purchase an army and a navy with real military equipement, not those hopplan's and spears they've been keeping tucked away since the Spartans, because their alliance with Israel is going to get them into big doodoo with this alliance Turkey has with Egypt and the 4 of them fighting over this oil in international waters.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

short and long term, the best donation to help Greece, would be buy a made in greece product, groceries.

that would help their economy, help people keep a job.

the banks will have to sort themselves out, and that could take time.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

They look the same.I don't know.Maybe someone is trying to ridicule the whole situation.
How do we see who's selling the item?The location of the item is in Wales.

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think we have upgraded our weaponry since the Spartans,but if a war is coming,i agree we need better "toys".

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

If its one of these, an ebay sale says they're worth $14.50.
ebay

If you watch carefully those in Ebay are torn in the bottom right, which means that have no real value. Also, some of the people that are behind this story are well known and rather important, so I believe they wouldn't risk to get involved if the story was bs.

My concern as a greek citizen, is that I don't believe that our goverment has the guts (or the will) to back up this story, which can alter the entire economical status in Europe.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by leonid23

My concern as a greek citizen, is that I don't believe that our goverment has the guts (or the will) to back up this story, which can alter the entire economical status in Europe.

Hi and welcome to ATS

Yes i believe the same.They are puppets and they definetely don't have the guts to do anything against their "masters".They are corrupted to the bone.

The "National Bank of Greece" at first said that they had no idea on the matter and then insisted on the "no value" story.(according to the reports from the same site)
Not that i expected anything else from them.

I'm really curious how the story will play out.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Lol. Greece is going to have to take some of that money and use it to purchase an army and a navy with real military equipement, not those hopplan's and spears they've been keeping tucked away since the Spartans, because their alliance with Israel is going to get them into big doodoo with this alliance Turkey has with Egypt and the 4 of them fighting over this oil in international waters.

One of the dumbest, most ignorant posts ever to have graced the bandwidth of ATS.

Spears?
Buy real military equipment?
Purchase an army and navy?
I suppose our air force is up to scratch then, according to your estimates?

Go visit a site called militaryphotos.net, find the Hellenic Armed Forces thread in the Photos&Videos forum.
Then come back here and see if your ignorant, semi-racist comment is appropriate, let alone anywhere close to reality.

You might come to realize that since 1996, when it's sovereignty was challenged by Turkey in a serious way, Greece has been busy modernizing it's armed forces. There's still more to do. But they are pretty modern and well equipped already.
The most pressing needs, are new armoured vehicles, replacing the old F4's(Eurofighter, Rafale, F35 are all in the mix, this will be after 2015), new frigates(FREMM is the chosen option, pushed back to after 2015 now), and probably around the same time replacing the S300 systems with most likely S400 or S500, or even THAAD or one of the other new American systems.

As for it's alliance with Israel getting it into doo-doo. LOL.
You assume that Greece and Israel don't share the same interests. Interests change over time, over decades.
Up till now Turkish and Israeli interests were almost the same. Now they aren't.
Since Turkey has basically jumped ship, Israeli and Greek interests have come to an alignment. A common threat. Turkey now has more then one major flank to worry about in the event of war.

As for Turkeys alliance with Egypt, WHAT ALLIANCE? LOL.
Erdogan paid them a visit.
They said they'll co-operate on some things.
Big deal.
China and Greece said they'll co-operate on things like tourism and cultural exchanges and economic ties. Does that mean they are in an alliance now? Obviously not.

Why would Egypt fight over the oil/gas in the Mediterranean that Turkey is trying to cause a disturbance over?
Egypt and Cyprus have come to an agreement and signed off on their maritime boundaries/EEZ.
As far as Egypt is concerned, there is no issue.

Erdogan might be well liked on the streets of the Arab world for his rhetoric against Israel, but governments are another thing.
Do you know how many Arab leaders sat in the UN General Assembly and listened to Erdogan deliver his speech? None.
Not even the Palestinians, who Erdogan was probably the strongest supporter of their bid for statehood at the UN, were in attendance.

Reality check.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLV12

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

One of the dumbest, most ignorant posts ever to have graced the bandwidth of ATS.

Spears?
Buy real military equipment?
Purchase an army and navy?
I suppose our air force is up to scratch then, according to your estimates?

Go visit a site called militaryphotos.net, find the Hellenic Armed Forces thread in the Photos&Videos forum.
Then come back here and see if your ignorant, semi-racist comment is appropriate, let alone anywhere close to reality.

You might come to realize that since 1996, when it's sovereignty was challenged by Turkey in a serious way, Greece has been busy modernizing it's armed forces. There's still more to do. But they are pretty modern and well equipped already.
The most pressing needs, are new armoured vehicles, replacing the old F4's(Eurofighter, Rafale, F35 are all in the mix, this will be after 2015), new frigates(FREMM is the chosen option, pushed back to after 2015 now), and probably around the same time replacing the S300 systems with most likely S400 or S500, or even THAAD or one of the other new American systems.

As for it's alliance with Israel getting it into doo-doo. LOL.
You assume that Greece and Israel don't share the same interests. Interests change over time, over decades.
Up till now Turkish and Israeli interests were almost the same. Now they aren't.
Since Turkey has basically jumped ship, Israeli and Greek interests have come to an alignment. A common threat. Turkey now has more then one major flank to worry about in the event of war.

As for Turkeys alliance with Egypt, WHAT ALLIANCE? LOL.
Erdogan paid them a visit.
They said they'll co-operate on some things.
Big deal.
China and Greece said they'll co-operate on things like tourism and cultural exchanges and economic ties. Does that mean they are in an alliance now? Obviously not.

Why would Egypt fight over the oil/gas in the Mediterranean that Turkey is trying to cause a disturbance over?
Egypt and Cyprus have come to an agreement and signed off on their maritime boundaries/EEZ.
As far as Egypt is concerned, there is no issue.

Erdogan might be well liked on the streets of the Arab world for his rhetoric against Israel, but governments are another thing.
Do you know how many Arab leaders sat in the UN General Assembly and listened to Erdogan deliver his speech? None.
Not even the Palestinians, who Erdogan was probably the strongest supporter of their bid for statehood at the UN, were in attendance.

Reality check.

Fail troll is fail. You have no sense of humor bro, hang it up, cuz you cant tell when someone is jokin.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We should donate all of our spare printing presses the fed uses to print money, and let them print their way out of this crisis.

Hey, it worked for us.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by leonid23

The plan made at the various Bilderburg meetings is for a central European block.

All the sovereign countries of Europe are meant to lose their individual sovereignties and become 'The United States of Europe'...with the very appropriate acronym of USE.

The whole debt topic, the whole thing around the world is deliberately manufactured to facilitate the creation and more importantly, the acceptance by the people, of a trio of huge 'trading economic blocks'.

A private 'bailout' would scupper the plan entirely.

The NAU. (The North American Union)

Canada, USA, Mexico (and dependencies) will become one country. Each will be a federal state within the NAU, much like the states of the USA are now.

The USE. (The United States of Europe)

All current European Union countries, lose individual nation status and rights, and will become a single country - presumably with a 'single everything else', including money, government, language.

The EAU (The Eastern Asian Union)

China, Russia, Japan, Taiwan, Korea and possibly Australia.

These will be the biggest three 'trading blocks', another possible federal country will be made in the rest of South America to become the SAU.

Gradually, all of these three or four major 'blocks' will become a single, united nation or Single Integrated Nation of Earth (SINE), and we'll have our often discussed one world system of government and currency.

Now, would this be necessarily a bad thing? I don't know.

I know i don't like the underhanded, dishonest and outright criminal methods being used to set the various stages for implementing this system, so if that is anything to go by, it will probably be a bad thing.

But really, the idea of a united humanity is a good one isn't it?

The thought of ALL of us not working against each other for one nations' self interest over another, but all of us working together for the interests of humanity as an entire species, is appealing to me.

Our technology could be diverted away from weapons and destruction to one of creating and building the advanced infrastructure that will be needed in the next 50 - 100 years.

The world could become a literal paradise for all of us, if we stop trying to come up with bigger and better ways of destroying ourselves.

Unless criminals and crooks of the highest order were running things, but accountable and honest people of good character were instead, i think a United Earth would actually be a good thing for us and our children's future.

edit on 30/9/2011 by spikey because: added info

new topics

top topics

join