It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress mulls closing PLO mission in Washington in light of UN bid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Congress mulls closing PLO mission in Washington in light of UN bid

www.haaretz.com< br />

Congress considers cutting PA aid; former terrorism finance analyst at U.S. Treasury accuses PA President Abbas of being corrupt, recommends that Abbas presidential budget be scrutinized and power of PA PM Fayyad be increased.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So to get this straight, after years of financial aid and knowing full well that ALLEGEDLY Abbas is corrupt, they only decide to cut spending the day after Abbas announces he will seek membership in the security council on the 23rd.

I love how they can bring to light other peoples corruption. Lets talk about AIPAC lobby handouts. Does that money go to saving the children or promote peace? Or does it go into the fat pockets of a few politicians that bend over backwards for Israel? Politicians that will drag their OWN country through the muck and grime to see Israel happy.

Maybe instead of continuously pressuring the Palestinians to forget about the settlements and return to peace negotiations, they should just give Israel some tough love until they come back to negotiations. We don't have to befriend them, we just need to show some tough love..

Otherwise, I don't believe for a second when these politicians talk about peace and prosperity.

www.haaretz.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertarianExpress

Another example of government officials acting like spoiled brats. They will do anything to get their way, no matter how pathetic it seems. Israeli and USA officials really seem to be against this bid. They are terrified, shaking in their boots.

I hope the American public causes a fuss and makes sure this does not happen. Not that they ever listen to the people anyways.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertarianExpress

How does this one work i was just in awe, " knowing full well that ALLEGEDLY ", cause we either know or we dont, so make up your mind, and thanks for telling us how you feel about a real issue that is killing people on a nearly dayly bases.

Wow dont forget to drink that cool aid

oh and english isint my first language so excuse moi if i made some errors eheheh

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I saw Clinton talking about this, she seems upset that Abbas isn't following orders. And after the US funded his army and his personal security squad and everything - how ungrateful.

What he's supposed to do is ignore his people, torture them and enslave them and keep them in good order while the water is drained from under their feet and the best land gets handed over to well armed colonists.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

"When it can be said by any country in the world, my poor are happy, neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them, my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars, the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive, the rational world is my friend because I am the friend of happiness. When these things can be said, then may that country boast its constitution and government Independence is my happiness, the world is my country and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The only solution is for arabs, christians and jews to live together in Israel in a non-secular state. If the arabs don't like the name Israel then maybe we can change it to Palestine...just to make them happy!

The people who think Israel should go back to its original agreement of 1969 are highely delusional. This will never happen and if it does you can bet there will be "civil war" with hundreds of thousands killed, not to mention a wider arab-jewish conflict.

Just let it go people. Be realistic for once! Seriously!

Just to add what President Obama said earlier this year was VERY STUPID of him which means he is either extremely ignorant of geopolitical affairs or actually wants to start trouble...like ww3 maybe!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
There are a lot of people in the US that support Israel and want the US government to support it too. All of these people vote and Obama knows he will have no chance in 2012 if he doesn't veto this action at the UN Security Council. Just look at the election last week in New York City - a Republican won in a heavily Jewish district that has been Democratic since 1920!!!

There is no good to come out of this action by the Palestinians. They are going to infuriate Israel and destroy what little good will and progress has been achieved over the last 20 years. They are going to lose a lot of support in the US and probably a large part of their aid from us. Congress is going to be VERY wary about sending more money to the Palestinians if they go through with this action.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The people who think Israel should go back to its original agreement of 1969 are highely delusional.

The exact physically defined line becoming a state border, as per 1969, is not the issue. A major issue is the water supplies - the primary 'detours' that Israel has chosen to expand into just happen to also include the lakes, rivers and wells. How do you live when another country owns your water?

You will say that you believe that the presence of Israeli settlements over the 1969 lines is the real issue, that these are 'facts on the ground' that have to be dealt with. But that is really just misdirection. There is no reason that the Israeli military has to be in the same places as these settlements. The military can withdraw to the 1969 lines, if the settlers want to stay and Israel wants to tell them they're still living in Israel, then fine. There is no justification for the military to be over those lines, outside of the desire to oppress people in the name of profit, barbarism and misunderstood religious doctrine.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
The only solution is for arabs, christians and jews to live together in Israel in a non-secular state. If the arabs don't like the name Israel then maybe we can change it to Palestine...just to make them happy!

Just let it go people. Be realistic for once! Seriously!

Yea, lets get realistic for a moment. Israel would never agree to a binational state with Palestinians. That would erase the lands 'Jewish' identity, something Israeli politicians dread.

You can ask any Palestinian and they'd tell you, they'd LOVE to move back to Israel and wouldn't even mind living in the current Israel.

But once a Palestinian or Arab leaves Israel, they're no longer aloud back in. So if a Palestinian leaves to visit family in the West Bank, or in France, they couldn't go back to their homes in Israel. Based on the 'Law of Return' any Jew that migrates to Israel is granted citizenship. Israel keeps them separated by a security fence and checkpoints, something like the ethnic cleansing of Israel.

I respect your vision for a peaceful Israel where Arabs and Jews live side by side in peace and harmony, but I'm just being realistic..
edit on 9/17/2011 by LibertarianExpress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LibertarianExpress

But once a Palestinian or Arab leaves Israel, they're no longer aloud back in. So if a Palestinian leaves to visit family in the West Bank, or in France, they couldn't go back to their homes in Israel. Based on the 'Law of Return' any Jew that migrates to Israel is granted citizenship. Israel keeps them separated by a security fence and checkpoints, something like the ethnic cleansing of Israel.

In a nutshell fanatical jews and fanatical muslims, want the nation of Israel or Palestine respectively, for themselves and they have more influence on their respective governments then the mainstream/moderate population.

Sooner or later they should understand, forefully or peacefully, that neither side deserves a monopoly on the land nor is a two state solution ideal. They should share it in a non-secular fashion! Jews have been using the siege tactic to slowely and methodically cleanse the nation from arabs, which is the cowards way of conquering land.

new topics

top topics

join