It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Osama Bin Laden deserve a trial?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I am sorry, but you are incorrect. The trial is not a citizen's right, it's a human's right.
And a very basic one. I assure you.

Edit to correct myself: the Fair trial.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ka119

If we did not kill Osama Bin Laden on sight, putting him on trial would have turned him into a martyr. Since there was no public video of his execution, the death of Osama is out of sight and out of mind. Watching Obama stand trial would have enraged and motivated his followers.

Look a Jesus Christ as an example. Since Rome judged and executed him publicly, Jesus became a messiah and martyr for Christianity. Get it?

Do you want the same thing to happen to Osama?

Remember, Osama is a religious radical.

edit on 9/16/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Whatt happened to innocent til proven guilty u ask?

It became guilty until proven dead. In Bin Laden's case, he was proven neither guilty, nor dead. Heck, they can't even prove the guy even existed, unless you're gullible enough to believe some dodgy video, audio and images. The purpose of this larger than life villain is the same purpose as this thread: to create a distraction for and confuse the clueless masses.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

It´s interesting that a decade after the rather contrived and unlikely 9/11 TV Production, the endless war in Afghanistan presently costs the US $10 billion/month and that´s excluding what they have off-budget. So, from here to 2020 this mess will add 1-2 trillion dollars. These are staggering numbers but I guess cost isn´t an issue when the glorious military is fighting for god and the fatherland.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

are you then saying that every one whos been judged before a trial and sentenced to death is a martyr because they believe in something ,...

some how your logic escapes my reality and understanding of what the term martyr/dom means ,

heck the definition of a martyr can be applied to everything from american soldiers to your everyday avarage joe.

dying for a cause or even more simplyfied ,,, for a cause

edit on 16-9-2011 by zerbot565 because: added bonus level

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
No.

Second line not needed.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If you're going to kill him regardless, what's the point of delaying the inevitable? Show trials are nothing more than sick jokes, and I don't like false pretenses. It's a waste of time for both sides.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe12
Bin Laden probably was an illegal combatant with no legal rights. Or maybe a non-existent entity of war? I don't know but I'm sure there are some good title that means that person is incompatible to the law.Just like the kids in GITMO.

it scares me to notice how these dreadful (and unconstitutional) New Legal Concepts are being accepted by the people. These notions were invented by neocons like like John Yoo. It's a trick to circumvent democratic control. It is so not done for nations that call themselves democratic.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
If you're going to kill him regardless, what's the point of delaying the inevitable? Show trials are nothing more than sick jokes, and I don't like false pretenses. It's a waste of time for both sides.

are you an accountant?
your post makes me think so

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
i believe he did deserve a trial. A trial proves he is guilty and not a scapegoat. Far to many coincidences in the weeks leading up to 9/11 for his org to act alone he had a link to the gov when they fought the russians how much do u bet there was alot of black funding to fill interst and he woulda been able to name names and dates.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
No, Osama Bin Laden did not deserve a trial...

Americans did! Dump the body, cover the tracks...

(actually everyone deserves a trial or we end up where we are now... in pseudo monarchy disguised as democracy)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

They were enemy combatanrs who had surrendered. They were protected by Int'l law as such. Osama had not surrendered when he was shot. And in an assualt situation you don't ask question first (it could cost you your life.).

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Give it up already. OBL died in 2001.

There is no proof or evidence OBL was even involved in 9/11.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Did he deserve a trial? Maybe. Depends on what angle you look at it from.

Am I sad he was taken out by the SEALS? Nope.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by ka119

If we did not kill Osama Bin Laden on sight, putting him on trial would have turned him into a martyr. Since there was no public video of his execution, the death of Osama is out of sight and out of mind. Watching Obama stand trial would have enraged and motivated his followers.

Look a Jesus Christ as an example. Since Rome judged and executed him publicly, Jesus became a messiah and martyr for Christianity. Get it?

Do you want the same thing to happen to Osama?

Remember, Osama is a religious radical.

edit on 9/16/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry... your Jesus was turned into a martyr by that good ol' roman spy Paul who understood the marketing value of doing so. so there goes your argument.

But do you really intend to say that basic human rights don't apply if they might have some side effects those in the Land of the Free don't like?

Couldn't it be that OBL was never to be prosecuted as some didn't like the idea that maybe the guy could spill some beans in The Hague? After all, the enemy-in-the-flesh used to be your friend. As was Saddam. Isn't it a wonderful thing that we don't teach our children any history anymore?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka119
I stumbled upon THIS article today on MSN and it made me wonder.. Did Osama Bin Laden deserve a trial?

Frankly its quite offensive this question has to be asked. What principle of justice is more important than innocent until proven guilty? The principle of innocent until proven guilty in a court of law is the most basic principle of justice I know of. If you don't believe in that principle, then you don't believe in having a free country. You don't believe in the founding ideas of America. And frankly you'd have to be a totalitarian thug. The fact that Barack the MURDERER Obama was not arrested immediately is a sign that most Americans have sick and twisted moral values. Anyone who believes Osama is guilty until proven innocent should declare themselves to be authoritarian thugs and then move to either California if they are a liberal thug, or Houston if they are a conservative thug, where they can surround themselves with authoritarians and boss each other around, violate each others rights as matter of policy, and relish in a world of tyranny and injustice. Just please stay the hell out of New Hampshire where we are building a community based on mutual respect instead of "do this or I will destroy you".
edit on 16-9-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
He would never get a trial... NEVER... because if he had a long and very close connection to CIA in the past. And the gov. don't want make it public. Imagine what he could tell to the world if he was on public trial...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Everyone deserves a trial, no matter what they did. You have to prove he did before you can judge him. If he didn't deserve a trial then no one does. These men are suppose to be good under pressure, the best at what they do. That's who the seals our right, the best? If they would I can only imagine that they would be able to control their emotion and not shoot to kill. So I don't care for the excuse of them being under pressure is why they shot him.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seachange

Originally posted by ka119
I stumbled upon THIS article today on MSN and it made me wonder.. Did Osama Bin Laden deserve a trial?

You don't believe in the founding ideas of America. And frankly you'd have to be a totalitarian thug. The fact that Barack the MURDERER Obama was not arrested immediately is a sign that most Americans have sick and twisted moral values.

Uhm.. I missed the part where you said what Barack THE MURDERER Obama did to deserve that title.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by ka119

Give it up already. OBL died in 2001.

There is no proof or evidence OBL was even involved in 9/11.

Oh he did? I missed the major headlines.. Im not saying he didn't, frankly none of us know, but if you are going to tell the rest of us to give it up then at least have the decency to throw some evidence in there to support your claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join