It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1960's National Anthem Sign-Off With Subliminal Messaging

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Surely someone old and American can recall seeing this back when (if) it was originally aired - apparently every night at sign off. It's pretty cool. But the title transitions seem particularly modern, IMO a bit too advanced for the supposed age of the clip. But yeah if anyone actually remembers seeing this exact segment on TV, it would be useful. But so far, nobody does...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
i remember a sign-off called "high flight"

not that one at all.

and they signed off later than 10pm.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

You just gave me a thought...I know a font expert, I'll have him look at it. If they've been at all sloppy and chosen something that looks right to most of us, but wasn't actually available until 1952 or whatever, he will definitely spot it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
here it is,

eta; yes, i remember a couple of them but not the one in the op.

we only had 3 channels back then, also.
edit on 11-9-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I worked in radio and television for a number of years now including when it was normal to sign off the air with the National Anthem. I never recall a sign off with the words displayed as the song was playing. I do not recall a singer just a musical version of the song and that was that. I am kinda in doubt this is not a doctored version of what someone says is a sign off tape. Guess we will see,,,this was a local responsibility and the networks did not supply it...at least thru out the 70 880 and 90'S
edit on 9/11/2011 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Star and flag until some proves it's not from the 60's.

Now, if you excuse me, I didn't go to church today, so I'm going to go down and look in the window, then go shopping. After that I will proceed to watch the National Anthem during the football games this afternoon and think about how great the government is.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

so we're supposed to take you at your word that this video hasn't been altered after the fact to make it look like there was a subliminal message?

Isn't it funny how corruption happens, all the time, on both ends of this spectrum?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I remember sign-offs back in the day...and if memory serves me right (or not) I recall 1 of the very few stations ended off the night with the National Anthem w/chorus singing it with words scrolling. I'll have to talk to my parents to see if they can recall that.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Very interesting, but as the OP hasn't replied to anybody's posts.. It is suspicious.

If it's real, it's one of the most convincing pieces of evidence of government conspiracy we could have.
Doubtful, but I'll keep my mind open. Hope the OP gets on here again soon..

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My hoax muscle is twitching....

If it is a hoax though, God Damn is it ever a good one. It's been a while since I've watched a video and got goosebumps like that.

If it's not a hoax, I'm pretty sure I can join the majority here and say it isn't the least bit surprising.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

If I had to take a guess this was probably airing in the mid fifties to late sixties. It looks and sounds as though it's from the period, and that would be a fairly obvious time for such programming, with all the red-scare and wars.

If it is a hoax it's a pretty good one, the text on the screen bobs around with the frames of the film, the overall sound and film quality are consistent with the period, both are scratchy, the sound is mono, and the color palette is washed out with base color tones being in the forefront. Looks like 60's film to me.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Duamutef9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

how can we tell if this is a genuine video?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
maybe someone can find it here

www.tv-ark.org.uk...

or

www.tv-signoffs.com...

or maybe using the word "closedown" instead of sign-off

but i have to admit it this sotry sounds like 1.) synchronicity or 2.) early fooling around (remember RATS)

what makes me really curious is from "a TV station"...which one please ?¿?
edit on 11-9-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tgautier13

Trust the Government God is Real God is Watching Believe in Government God Rebellion Is Not Tolerated Consume Obey Consume Obey Trust the US Government God is Real God is Watching Believe In Government God Rebellion is Not Tolerated God is Real God is Watching Obey Consume Obey Consume Worship Consume Believe Do Not Question Government Believe in Government

People, they have been at work on us and our families for generations now. Just imaging the programming we are receiving today, especially with our HD/3D televisions and rapid refresh rates.
edit on 9/10/2011 by Tgautier13 because: Malformed Link

I mostly saw "Trust the Government". If this is truly real, then...wow. Just wow! Somehow not surprising though.

It's a good thing I don't watch TV anymore, haven't for years. I'd like to find out if this kind of thing is or has been done in other countries.

Again if this is legit, this is why I come to this site daily.

Cheers, op. S+F.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Fake..fckn youtube always causing irrational fears and Conspiracies...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarfbot

which leads to the existence of a "they live" remake coming out soon or at least based on the same source so there ya go.
edit on 10-9-2011 by snarfbot because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2011 by snarfbot because: (no reason given)

Oh no!!!!!!! Sorry for OT, but they can't remake They Live! That long and pointless fight scene with Roddy and keith can't be matched. Ever!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I would guess its fake.
Come one there has to be some font nerds out there that can tell us if it's a custom font and when it was created.
Also there has to be someone that would remember this sign off for there area and could tell us if the words were there. etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If you guys look at the original upload, the guy uploaded it 2 years ago, saying its from a TV reel... heres the quote

I salvaged this reel of film from a TV station that used to sign of with it during the 1960s.

You can even pause that video and see the messaging... somebody else just slowed it down for the 2nd video...

I too would like to see the original, but probably real hard to come across these days...

It seems that youtube viewers pointed out the messages, and not the person who uploaded it

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is a hoax. The original video was posted by NAOMI19631963 here www.youtube.com... You can see, going frame by frame, the name NAOMI in the 53rd second. Here are the relevant VLC snapshots. You'll see "NAOMI" on the right hand side of the top line:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sharplee

Here is the full sequence of that line. It says, "BUY ULTRA BUY NAOMI". A reference to MKNAOMI a CIA biological warfare project.

edit on 11-9-2011 by sharplee because: added tags

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join