It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eben Ezer/Emael, Home of a 70 million year old civilization?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Please some one go and take pictures.
and get more info. as it will be hidden again soon.
dont let them hide this like all the others.
any think you find out please post it.
thank you.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
"a mining crew demolished that section of the labyrinth shortly after he found it"
So they got to it very quickly. now it is hidden again.
If I had the money. I would did it up in secret.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Interesting!! I love things about ancient cities and all that, there was a brilliant doco on a few years ago, about underground cities, in the world we live in right now.. Under our cities, like London for instance, there are old Roman dwellings dating back to that period. So many fascinating stories go with them, it's fascinating.

Many old cities too were often built over. Often the old cities were just forgotten, sometimes they were used as a sort of underdwelling as opposed to the ones above, which sounds like how this may have been.

3 layers of ocean on top of it? That boggles my mind...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Seriously cool find would love to know more about it. Shame that the mining engineers destroyed the tunnel. Maybe there is another entrance.Hope you guys can get in. Pics would be fastinating.

TUNNELS!!!

no not here, in coratia, ffs, are yo... HEY BABY!!!! shhhh mommies here now... *where you passport please*

"No. order not."

"PASSPOERT NOW"

Wellm they have nice log fires, despite the fact its usually a jew leg..

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Seriously cool find would love to know more about it. Shame that the mining engineers destroyed the tunnel. Maybe there is another entrance.Hope you guys can get in. Pics would be fastinating.

TUNNELS!!!

no not here, in coratia, ffs, are yo... HEY BABY!!!! shhhh mommies here now... *where you passport please*

"No. order not."

"PASSPOERT NOW"

Wellm they have nice log fires, despite the fact its usually a jew leg..

What the heck are you talking about? Bending a few at the do da room are ya. And anti semetic too. Such a wonderful nit aren't you.

Great find OP wish you luck with your visit to this fastinating place.

edit on 9/10/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I guess you've never been in Europe. The site is in Belgium near the Dutch border which is an open border. Germany is further east and besides that German border patrol and cops are very friendly, I've dealt with them a lot and they are more tolerant than the Dutch.

On topic, I talked to my girlfriend and she would love to explore the area too, we will go there by the end of the month.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
WOW! unbelieveble gonna read links and all posts soon!

The thing is I live in Maastricht and one of my hobbies is breaking in and walking in all the limestone querries around Maastricht and in belgium. Im also a big fan of the hollow earth theory. I have gear and have a friend with a lot of illegal caving experiance. So im gonna check this out for sure!

Ill pm you
edit on 11/9/11 by Neoblade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ok Regenstorm, 25 I can be there, I read more ATS-ers are interested to go.
My wife might come along also, she is a scientist and medical doctor. We can investigate first what possibilties there are to explore the tunnels.....If so we have to prepare and make a plan for a small expedition and let the ATS crowd enjoy our findings.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

:up; interesting story.. hope your trips bares fruit
even if it a flint mine as I would still find that exciting.

I would love to explore some of the flint mines around here, but sadly they have been sealed up..

One system was *cough* lost at the beginning of WW2 when the Gov built a black ops base right in the middle of it.. I worked there but never fully explored the site so this lost system has always held my interest.

Good luck, hope you have fun

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Interesting find OP

but...70 Million years?

Come on guys, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
@NeoBlade, your experience and skill will be much appreciated, thanks for your U2U, I've sent you a mail.
If others want to join, please send me an U2U with your mail-address.
For now the 25th will be the date.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Regenstorm because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Regenstorm

My parents live not too far from there.

The tower is now part of a public area that you can visit :
Musée du silex - Flintstone museum

And it is not just about the tower ...
The tunnels underneath are used from mushroom production.
There have been observations of black triangle UFOs during the Belgian UFO wave of the 90's. Some people reported encounters with MIB-like individuals.
There is an active NATO base and an active NATO pipeline in the area. (Glons).
There is former top-secret NATO base build out of roman-age quaries
There is also the fort of Eben-Emael, where a key battle took place in 1940 during the German blitzkrieg.

Lot of ATS-grade stuff to mention about this small area.
I'm planning a visit there. Don't expect me to sneak in the army base, but I'll definitely have a closer look at the tower.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Interesting.

If you do decide to go and have a look for yourself, please do take plenty of photos and video, so we can all have a look.

When the second source says the ocean had covered the town three times, and so the town is amazingly estimated to be around 70 million years old, this could be a miscalculation, and the town could be a more 'normal' few thousand to tens of thousands of years old, and not millions.

The ocean covering three times, could easily have been a trio of separated tsunamis...bringing the ocean in, over and then leaving deposits behind when it receeded.

The tsunamis could have happened anytime in the past, but explains the ocean deposits in a context that doesn't have to include 'geological time' i.e. millions of years spanning the rising and falling of the ocean levels.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Why did you snip off the end of the quote which states

According to Robert, one of the tunnels leads to an ancient town which he claimed was “70 million” years old and housed a never-discovered civilization. While this is laughable, a mining crew demolished that section of the labyrinth shortly after he found it, so no one was able to verify what he truly found.

From the rest of the passage its clear that Robert Garcet was a nut.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Part of a similar nearby network, there are also the Jezuit caves. Not sure if the two are interconnected.

Here is a historical picture of a Jesuit next to a cherubim statue.

Source : Katholieke Illustratie - 31 July 1953.

edit on 27-1-2016 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Try to fix URL - ATS Bug : doesn't wan't to display URL because of 'R O T T E N . C O M' string

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

Part of a similar nearby network, there are also the Jezuit caves. Not sure if the two are interconnected.

Here is a historical picture of a Jesuit next to a cherubim statue.

Source : Katholieke Illustratie - 31 July 1953.

We should point out that the "Jezuitenberg Cave" is actually a marlstone quarry and that the statues inside were carved by the Jesuits themselves over a period of around 100 years. The statues and other carvings are only 200 years old. You can see some of them at this link (and they're very clearly modern interpretations of the original): foursquare.com...

(reference: the link by TheUltimateBelgiumJoke)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Yes ... beside the classic Jesus-Christ, they have a Buddha, Ramses II, ... and a complete chapel they carved themselves. But the Jesuits didn't start the marlstone extraction, they occupied a place that was there before them. The extraction started centuries ago.

A Roman settlement was established for sure in the nearby city of Tongeren.

For those interested in the historical assault on the fort, here is an interesting documentary :

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
In any case, we have a "guy who says he has a tunnel" and says it's a certain length (miles and miles... but no evidence of how it was measured) and a "70 million year old civilization" (presumably run by dinosaurs because that's all there was at that time) ... and no photos and no people who could reliably assess whether there were buildings and how old they were involved in the statements.

I'm calling it "wishful thinking."

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
"70 million year old civilization" (presumably run by dinosaurs because that's all there was at that time)

Presumably, but No,
Robert Garcet (the builder) Believed in the work of Jacques Boucher de Crèvecœur de Perthes, who had been of the opinion that man had been around for a very long time based on some man worked flints that he found in a quarry on the Somme.
He called the species antediluvian man, because like all people in those days before Darwin (1830s), he was very religious and had to frame everything in a Biblical context. Robert Garcet was also very religious to the point of nonsense.

I expect what he actually found was a mining camp used by the flint miners, which was probably why it was demolished by miners shortly after he started making ridiculous claims for it

Of course there is an outside chance that it might have been a Silurian base...
edit on 27-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The web site of the flint museum offers a biography and an overview of Gracet's publications. His first 1938 'book' was a collection of poem named "Son combat"- His fight written in response to Hitler's publishing of "Mein Kampf" - My fight.

He was for sure a religious person. Infused in Christianity and ... , as a stone carver, and in consideration of the ornaments you can find on the tower itself, I'm ready to bet my two cents that he spent some time in a chamber of reflection. Here is a French-speaking documentary about Gracet - and the tower - from the Belgian television in 1961 : video link

edit on 27-1-2016 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join