It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI at Solyndra Headquarters as of 8:49 PST

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The question I have is...Where is all that money Obama gave them....$535 Million to be exact?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Where did the money go?

Probably on some good coke and prostitutes..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmcgee
Where did the money go?

Boats and Hoes!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

Where did the money go?

Boats and Hoes!!

Don't forget that big contribution to the Democratic Party.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

For those that don't know, Solndra is the solar panel plant that Obama touted as bringing in new green jobs.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Gone with the wind.

535 million is like their current monthly allowances.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to

For those that don't know, Solndra is the solar panel plant that Obama touted as bringing in new green jobs.

So much for the green jobs, the thing that happened, (from reading an article)
China can make these solar panels cheaper. Simple as that.

Either way, the money was wasted.

It was not solndra's money, so I doubt they really cared..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmcgee

It wasn't wasted. IT WAS STOLEN.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Update: 9:22 PST

Solyndra officials in the logs included chairman and founder Christian Gronet and board members Thomas Baruch and David Prend, according to the Caller.

A CNBC photographer on the scene says the FBI has promised to hold a press conference. An agency spokesperson at its San Francisco headquarters said he was unaware of any such plans.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So here are my thoughts. Kenneth Star tried to impeach President Clinton on some shady real estate deal that was in the single digit millions of dollars.

Here is a case where Obama gave this company $535 Million and they go bankrupt only to pocket the millions given, otherwise what happened to the money?

So, who is going to try to impeach Obama? Answer: No one because everyone is too scared of him. Otherwise, he should have been or would have been on trial long before now, especially for war crimes against Libya considering he didn't get Congressional approval to lauch air strikes against them.

I am in no means a Gaddafi supporter, but the president needs to follow the rules of engagement.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is priceless seems his pal here in Massachusetts Dval Patrick had the bait and switch done the tax payers of massachusetts...they recieved subsidies from the Patrick/Murray administration.

What a shame...

Link

LINK 2

For the purposes of balance the blaze is as right leaning as you could be and boston.com is under the Boston Globe which is as left as you could be...just wanted both sides for a sense of context..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The question I have is...Where is all that money Obama gave them....$535 Million to be exact?

Having worked in the "dot com" world in the Bay Area, I can tell you that where the money went will probably end up having little to do with running and growing the business. Enough of it will more likely have been spent on perks for the executives and employees that the business could not succeed.

Often, the first thing they do with the money is get some very nice and plush office space when an old warehouse would be fine and cheaper for a startup. Then they buy the latest and greatest computer and other equipment, when something more basic would work just as well.

One example I'll never forget was the CEO that sent his admin out every day just to buy a new pair of socks to wear for the rest of that day.

My own company spent a ton of money (before they failed) doing what they called "restacking". They leased 4 upper floors of a downtown SF high rise and decided that it would be good for employee morale if they just randomly moved whole departments to different floors each year.

So, it will be interesting to follow the money trail on this one. Just don't expect an outcome that doesn't piss you off even more than you probably are now about this economic situation.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Having worked in the "dot com" world in the Bay Area, I can tell you that where the money went will probably end up having little to do with running and growing the business. Enough of it will more likely have been spent on perks for the executives and employees that the business could not succeed.

Often, the first thing they do with the money is get some very nice and plush office space when an old warehouse would be fine and cheaper for a startup. Then they buy the latest and greatest computer and other equipment, when something more basic would work just as well.

One example I'll never forget was the CEO that sent his admin out every day just to buy a new pair of socks to wear for the rest of that day.

My own company spent a ton of money (before they failed) doing what they called "restacking". They leased 4 upper floors of a downtown SF high rise and decided that it would be good for employee morale if they just randomly moved whole departments to different floors each year.

So, it will be interesting to follow the money trail on this one. Just don't expect an outcome that doesn't piss you off even more than you probably are now about this economic situation.

While I wish solar panels could power the whole USA. the grim reality is the
technology just is not there yet!

Does anyone know how many meals, homeless shelters, or drug rehab facilities 500 million could support??
It just kills me people are hurting so bad and they throw this money on bridges to no where!
edit on 8-9-2011 by popsmcgee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I CAN'T start a thread yet, but look just what popped up on
google news!!!!!!!!!!!

FBI Raids 'Connected' Energy Firm Solyndra

abcnews.go.com...

One of the lead private investors in Solyndra was an Oklahoma billionaire who served as an Obama "bundler," raising money during the 2008 presidential campaign.

The bundler, George Kaiser, has declined to comment. His firm, Argonaut Ventures and its affiliates have been the single largest shareholder of Solyndra, according to SEC filings and other records. The company holds 39 percent of Solyndra's parent company, bankruptcy records filed Tuesday show.

Energy officials have repeatedly denied

The plot thickens!!

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Where did the money go?

At least it hasn't gone to waste.

edit on 8-9-2011 by eyespying because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

google news!!!!!!!!!!!

abcnews.go.com...

One of the lead private investors in Solyndra was an Oklahoma billionaire who served as an Obama "bundler," raising money during the 2008 presidential campaign.

The bundler, George Kaiser, has declined to comment. His firm, Argonaut Ventures and its affiliates have been the single largest shareholder of Solyndra, according to SEC filings and other records. The company holds 39 percent of Solyndra's parent company, bankruptcy records filed Tuesday show.

The plot thickens!!

Nice addition to the thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

google news!!!!!!!!!!!

abcnews.go.com...

The plot thickens!!

Nice addition to the thread.

Not even an hour ago
we were just crazy conspiracy theorists

Can anyone honestly say now there is nothing to see here, NO big deal??

You really think some of that half billion did not go to fund
Obama!!!?!? A few boats, houses and/or additions, cars,?!!?!/

This stinks to high heaven!!

THEY take our money and bloat themselves like a hog while people
go hungry, lose there houses, jobs, and lives!!!

Still wonder why Americans are pissed?
The dems do it, the GOP does it,
WE ARE TIRED OF GOING WITHOUT
While you waste our money!!

GET YOUR GREEDY hands out of the cookie jar!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmcgee

It's so cute when the new guys find out how the rest of us are gettng screwed.

Seriously?
Rock on new guy!
Love the enthusiasm.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I must add this thread to my thread on the developing topic at hand www.abovetopsecret.com...

Palms have been greased along the way... and investors thought they had a sure thing...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join