It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wreck divers: Lusitania wasn't just a passenger ship!!!! it was carrying weapons!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Do you guys realize what this means? America was told that it was just a passenger ship and that germany didn't have any right to sink it.....this is what they used for us to go to war with germany!!!!!

i can't get the link to work, but here is the source website..

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Americans were even told, falsely, that German children were given a day off school to celebrate the sinking of the Lusitania. The disaster inspired a multitude of recruitment posters demanding vengeance for the victims.
One, famously showing a young mother slipping below the waves with her baby, carried the simple slogan 'Enlist'.

The diving team estimates that around four million rounds of U.S.-manufactured Remington .303 bullets lie in the Lusitania's hold at a depth of 300ft.

Winston Churchill, who was first Lord of the Admiralty and has long been suspected of knowing more about the circumstances of the attack than he let on in public, wrote in a confidential letter shortly before the sinking that some German submarine attacks were to be welcomed.

He said: 'It is most important to attract neutral shipping to our shores, in the hope especially of embroiling the U.S. with Germany. 'For our part we want the traffic - the more the better and if some of it gets into trouble, better still.' Hampton Sides, a writer with Men's Vogue in the U.S., witnessed the divers' discovery. He said: 'They are bullets that were expressly manufactured to kill Germans in World War I - bullets that British officials in Whitehall, and American officials in Washington, have long denied were aboard the Lusitania.' The discovery may help explain why the 787ft Lusitania sank within 18 minutes of a single German torpedo slamming into its hull. Some of the 764 survivors reported a second explosion which might have been munitions going off. Gregg Bemis, an American businessman who owns the rights to the wreck and is funding its exploration, said: 'Those four million rounds of .303s were not just some private hunter's stash. 'Now that we've found it, the British can't deny any more that there was ammunition on board. That raises the question of what else was on board. 'There were literally tons and tons of stuff stored in unrefrigerated cargo holds that were dubiously marked cheese, butter and oysters.

I think that benjamin Freedman has a whole lot more credibility now, listen to him if you haven't already heard it...he links the zionist movement with our getting involved with the world war against germany in order to make good on a deal they made with sir lawrence balfour so they could have the palestinian region...they used the lucitania as a FALSE FLAG event to get us into the war........

edit on 5-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
We've known this for like... 10 years now. A little slow on the update are we?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by spw184
We've known this for like... 10 years now. A little slow on the update are we?

sorry, this is the first i heard of it, strange how you knew for 10 years when the divers just found out a little over 2 years ago

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If there were no lies, there'd be no wars as some say. America, much like many other countries often fabricate a story so sad, so unbelievably cruel just to get their people (Jane and John Doe) on their sides. To get them foaming at the mouths for revenge. To get them to support the governments desire for war.

It's how it's always been and I don't see any end in sight.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
News to me, thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
If there were no lies, there'd be no wars as some say. America, much like many other countries often fabricate a story so sad, so unbelievably cruel just to get their people (Jane and John Doe) on their sides. To get them foaming at the mouths for revenge. To get them to support the governments desire for war.

It's how it's always been and I don't see any end in sight.

it wasn't the government's desire, it was the zionist's desire, they promised england that they would get us into the war so and they wanted the palestinian region in exchange...sir lawrence balfour agreed and signed the balfour declaration soon after......the zionists staged the lucitania attack by putting weapons in it and telling the germans...I also believe strongly that the zionists are behind 9/11 in exactly the same way.......

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You lost me as soon as I read the word "Zionist". As do most threads with the like.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
sorry, this is the first i heard of it, strange how you knew for 10 years when the divers just found out a little over 2 years ago

According to wikipedia, we've known since 1914.

Included in Lusitania's cargo were 4,200,000 rounds of Remington 0.303 rifle cartridges, 1250 cases of empty 3-inch (76 mm) fragmentation shell casings, and eighteen cases of non-explosive fuses,[98] all of which were listed on the ship's two-page manifest, filed with U.S. Customs after she departed New York on 1 May.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
You lost me as soon as I read the word "Zionist". As do most threads with the like.

sorry, they seem to be popping up everywhere in history, including with the lucitania......in fact, it's the zionists that are trying to kill ghadaffi.....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

According to wikipedia, we've known since 1914.

Included in Lusitania's cargo were 4,200,000 rounds of Remington 0.303 rifle cartridges, 1250 cases of empty 3-inch (76 mm) fragmentation shell casings, and eighteen cases of non-explosive fuses,[98] all of which were listed on the ship's two-page manifest, filed with U.S. Customs after she departed New York on 1 May.

oh, ok well now it's proven

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

Germany knew.

Thats why the Kaiser sunk it.

But all we hear about is how evil Germany was....ho hum.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

No, it was Churchill and someone on the German side who conspired to get the US involved in the War. The sinking of the Lusitana was what would create a wave of anger and revenge.

Zionists, yes, they run the show. No point mentioning it though.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

oh, ok well now it's proven
I thout that would be more like verified.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I, however, did not know this. So thank you.
The citizens of the United States have, throughout it's history, been mislead by those captains of industry who, by their secret manipulations of our government, have sought only to increase their own wealth. Prior to the sinking of the Lusitania the people of the United States thought the war in Europe to be a "rich mans" war and wanted little to do with it. As you point out, it's sinking and the ensuing propaganda shifted this perception.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Remember the stories started by the Brits about German pioneer troops with the "saw back" bayonets in WW1?

Told everyone that Germans "loved to pitch french babies into the air and catch them on the end".

This enraged the allies to a murderous level.

The young Heer troops were so petrified of being found with that type bayonet that they ground the teeth off of them.

Thats why an original in undamaged state is worth a pretty penny.

All the saw was for was chopping trees and removing branches.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The ship was sunk in 1915, I believe, and yes, it was known at the time that the ship carried munitions, which made it fair game for Germany. Germany posted flyers all over New York for Americans not to board certain ships, including the Lusitania. The ship was sunk in 1915, but Wilson had to win the next election based on staying out of war. Once he won re-election, the propaganda machine was ramped up, including the Lusitania, but leaving out all the inconvenient facts.

The Zimmerman telegram was also used as propaganda for the war. At most, it was legit but highly exaggerated as a threat. A worst, it was a flat out forgery.

The US had absolutely no business going into WW1. The conspiratorial thinking is that Wilson was under the thumb if TPTB to do so. Given his actions concerning the Federal Reserve and his reliance on Colonel House, it's not that farfetched a theory. Personally, though, I think Woodrow Wilson was self obsessed and wanted his name in history as a unifier after "The Great War". In the end, though, it just led to WW2.

If you want to know why we are where we are, alot of it has to do with that d-bag, Wilson. 1 of the worst presidents ever. Right up there with Bushface and Obammy.

Other false flags: "Remember the Maine" (Spanish American War), Gulf of Tonkin Incident (Vietnam)
edit on 5-9-2011 by radosta because: added

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Do you guys realize what this means? America was told that it was just a passenger ship and that germany didn't have any right to sink it.....this is what they used for us to go to war with germany!!!!!

edit on 5-9-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

After the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor we did not need an excuse to go to war with Germany. I say this because Germany, Italy and Japan had a defense alliance treaty and when we were attacked by Japan we were at war with Germany by default.

Prior to the attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941 we had been determined to remain neutral in the conflict in Eurpoe and Roosevelt was determined to only provide Lend-Lease aid to Winston Churchill and the British war effort. This is why there was so much .303 ammunition on the ship, since the Enfield .303 was the main firearm of British troops at the time.

Roosevelt, working closely with his aide Harry Hopkins, made the United States the principal arms supplier and financier of the Allies which is why I think Japan really attacked us in Pearl Harbor. The Germans were aware of America's financial aide to the Allies and needed a way to provoke us into the conflict, to which the Japanese were willing to provide.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
We're talking WW1 and the Lusitania.
But as far as WW2 is concerned, I was surprised to learn that there were German U-boats swarming our coasts.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

The German side? REALLY?

Try France and Britain friend.

At the time, Germany had an amazingly high civilian population AND a large standing army.

The French government (cowards that they have always been), got worried. They had neither. German industry was going great guns. This didnt sit well with britain and the US.

What to do? Hey, A WAR!!!

I wont go into the french inadequacies that required someone (again) to fight their war.

I'll only mention the french machine gun the "chauchat".

In doing so, they also planted the seed for a guaranteed second due to the conditions heaped on the German nation. As a race, we really dont cotton to subordinates in places of domination. So? HItler came to power.

He gathered some idiots and sycophants. Did a few good things at first and then went stupid.

So no. NO good German did this.

Gott mit uns.
edit on 5/9/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Is there no one listening to the bejamin freedman clip?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join