It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would Afghanistan under communism would be like?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So imagine if Americans and it's allies stayed out of Afghanistan and Afghanistan under communism imposed by the Soviets. I remember when the Russians in the 1980s said that women don't have to ear Murqas, etc, and whipping of women and so on.

so How would Afghanistan under communism as whole structure would be like?

But histories shows that communism did in fact ruin countries. Look at eastern Europe under communism, North Korea, restrictions of rights aka internet in Cuba(even though they have higher standard than most Latin American countries).

So how would it applied to Islamic states like Afghanistan? I think in general Islamic states are worser than communism.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

As an Afghan American, I can tell you that Afghanistan is under much more turmoil now compared to the time of the Soviets. It's a sad and awful truth man.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
So imagine if Americans and it's allies stayed out of Afghanistan and Afghanistan under communism imposed by the Soviets. I remember when the Russians in the 1980s said that women don't have to ear Murqas, etc, and whipping of women and so on.

so How would Afghanistan under communism as whole structure would be like?

But histories shows that communism did in fact ruin countries. Look at eastern Europe under communism, North Korea, restrictions of rights aka internet in Cuba(even though they have higher standard than most Latin American countries).

So how would it applied to Islamic states like Afghanistan? I think in general Islamic states are worser than communism.

Communism is Tyranny on behalf of the state.
Islamist Government is Tyranny on behalf of God/Allah.

I'm not sure the regular 'man on the goat path' in Afghanistan would really have found themselves better off under one vs. the other. I swear the population there is just doomed to an eternity of fighting or being fought by one nation or another, then briefly living under the tyranny of each winner before it starts fresh.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Communist states have had more blood on their hands than any Islamic state.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Communist states have had more blood on their hands than any Islamic state.

I hate communism too and I do agree communism cause more harm than democracy(as a Viet-American, i can tell you about my parents horrible experiences under communism in Saigon) but the thing is that i remember the Russians said that women don't have to ear Burqa, etc and so on. I mean come on, Afghanistan, Islamic, Pakistan for example are unstable nation and under heavy Islamic laws, i mean they don't allow women to have most jobs, hiding in courts, and if you caught with homosexuality, you get jailed for years. I wonder if any communist country had it.

Saudi Arabia for one for example.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

As an Afghan American, I can tell you that Afghanistan is under much more turmoil now compared to the time of the Soviets. It's a sad and awful truth man.

And how much of that is because we foolishly stuck our noses into an "age-old" tribal society?Afghanistan has largely proven itself "unconquerable";( the"death bed of nations" I think )Due to terrainand; the rugged tenacious "islamic people with a tradition of "tribalism".

edit on 5-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Not very well, altough better than under Taliban islamic rule, IMHO. Communists at least do not tolerate religious BS, and the oppression would be concentrated on those fighting the regime instead of ordinary people.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Not very well, altough better than under Taliban islamic rule, IMHO. Communists at least do not tolerate religious BS, and the oppression would be concentrated on those fighting the regime instead of ordinary people.

Ya i tend to agree for the most part.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Communism replaces religious BS with ideological BS. Same repression, different day. Gods whose faces get stamped on the back of a coin rather than invisible ones.

I'd say quite honestly that the Taliban would be accepted quicker than any foreign agency. I think history has amply shown that..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

It's just sad that the same superpower (America) who supplied the Mujaheddin who turned freedom fighters overnight against the Soviets are now being hunted by America. World imperialism at its finest.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Well careful guys, this isn't the whole stick it's nose in or not. Concentrate on topic please.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

We have real world examples.

Look at Eastern Europe before the Warsaw Pact countries fell. The Soviet Union before it fell. Those are some very real world examples. Start there. Then, when you're done there move East and see how Red China was under Mao. Research the "Cultural Revolution" and finally research Pol Pot and the khmer rouge.

Usually I'll post all kinds of links and pictures but in this case. I seriously believe you should research it on your own and make up your own mind.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

We have real world examples.

Look at Eastern Europe before the Warsaw Pact countries fell. The Soviet Union before it fell. Those are some very real world examples. Start there. Then, when you're done there move East and see how Red China was under Mao. Research the "Cultural Revolution" and finally research Pol Pot and the khmer rouge.

Usually I'll post all kinds of links and pictures but in this case. I seriously believe you should research it on your own and make up your own mind.

I said that i know that communism is bad for Eastern Europe and rest around the world was bad but how would it applied to Afghanistan the most Islamic state? I read this one thing that Russians even make the Afghan women read and give them civil rights that most radical Islamic fundamentalism always denied them.

I said that i know that communism is bad for Eastern Europe and rest around the world was bad but how would it applied to Afghanistan the most Islamic state? I read this one thing that Russians even make the Afghan women read and give them civil rights that most radical Islamic fundamentalism always denied them.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

FAIL.

The Ordinary people were the oppressed. The ordinary people wanted both Freedom of speech [which was denied them] and some wanted freedom of religion. Be it Christianity, Judaism, Islamic faith or what have you. [which were extremely scrutinized and were considered subversives so technically a threat to the state]

edit on 5-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I said that i know that communism is bad for Eastern Europe and rest around the world was bad but how would it applied to Afghanistan the most Islamic state?

We wont know because after the Soviets retreated and pulled out the Western powers stopped supplying support and Afghanistan reverted back to a decades long Civil war right up to 9/11 and the subsequent invasion by the US/NATO.

Research the Northern Alliance.

I read this one thing that Russians even make the Afghan women read and give them civil rights that most radical Islamic fundamentalism always denied them.

And they still want to deny them that. At least now they have a chance. Females in Afghanistan can work and go to school. [If their families] allow it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I said that i know that communism is bad for Eastern Europe and rest around the world was bad but how would it applied to Afghanistan the most Islamic state?

We wont know because after the Soviets retreated and pulled out the Western powers stopped supplying support and Afghanistan reverted back to a decades long Civil war right up to 9/11 and the subsequent invasion by the US/NATO.

Research the Northern Alliance.

I read this one thing that Russians even make the Afghan women read and give them civil rights that most radical Islamic fundamentalism always denied them.

And they still want to deny them that. At least now they have a chance. Females in Afghanistan can work and go to school. [If their families] allow it.

I see what you mean. I personally believe that communism itself won't work but if Afghanistan was under communism, it would have been better. But i think imo it would be the same unfortenely.

I know about the Northern Alliance. They were the same guys we funded in their war with the USSR in the 1980s. The real problem is that we left after the Soviet Union left. Had we done rebuilding the nation under a democracy, Afghanistan would flourish like Kuwait economy are. Instead we left in in ruins instead. But i think Afghanistan communism would be a bit better but little worser. But the fact is that i read on one thing that the Russians even gave women rights which pissed off the Islamic fundamentalism. I saw plenty of YT docenmentaries about it. But i think communism would brainwash them to be good instead of bad.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

. But i think communism would brainwash them to be good instead of bad.

The more religious would have revolted if female rights were forced upon them.

It has to be a choice from within.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

. But i think communism would brainwash them to be good instead of bad.

The more religious would have revolted if female rights were forced upon them.

It has to be a choice from within.

Just like Saudi Arabia for example. If your caught being homosexual, you get jailed for couple of years. Heck even the communist countries don't allow it doesn't it? I mean what are examples?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Well when mankind comes up with a true Utopia let me know.
Because no place on Earth is perfect.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Thanks for providing the link to your thread while in my thread

This is an interesting thread you got here. I'll chime in later. But without giving your question much thought, Communism may have worked better in Afghanistan, but as Slayer69 pointed out we will never know. Then again, it's a no win situation unless Afghanistan, as a whole works with its citizens to find viable solutions to their problems. However, I really need to give this more thought.

I'm gonna go check out some of Slayer69's reading suggestions first.

ETA
Personally, I'm one of those people who feel like unless a country is "TRULY" a threat to the rest of world, we the USA, should keep our noses out of other people's business when it doesn't concern us.

edit on 9/5/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join