It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids doing the Taser Dance?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Am I the only one who finds this objectionable and depressing?

Good grief!

edit on 5-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
"Ring around the Roses" was a children's rhyme thought to be associated with the plague.1

Although, I thought we had moved on since those times...

edit on 5-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Am I the only one who finds this depressing and objectionable?

...do you think kids dont know what tasers do to someone or is it that they DO know that troubles you?...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Have we gotten that bad ? It shows that most of us are used to a police state, disturbing, this is just too much......

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Sometimes the best way to best way to demonstrate is to make fun of it. The main purpose of the tasers and the way they are being used is for a scare tactic. Most people are less afraid of a bullet than they are electric shock. Maybe we should all do the taser dance everytime the cops come around. Nothing can be more rediculous than the way the LEO's behave. Maybe I should say mis-behave themselves.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Since this thread was moved from the Social Issues forum to General Chit Chat, I guess I made the original point very poorly....or....something else is in play.

I find it disheartening that we have a society where children are doing a "taser dance" and some adults (presumably a parent in the video) even find it funny and perfectly benign.

Have we really moved so far down this path that we now see such things as truly normal?

Even a moderator of these boards didn't think this thread posed any real 'social' issue worthy of discussion. To me is seems so self evident, I wouldn't have thought I needed to expound upon the focus of the thread. Clearly, however, that was required. (NOTE: that is NOT a slam on the moderator. Just an interesting observation that this kind of stuff has become so NORMAL or mundane, we fail to see why it didn't used to be or shouldn't.
)

Yes, boncho, it very much is like the nursery rhymes of old-- at least the fact of them.

I wonder what this really means twenty years from now?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What do you think?

...being evasive, huh?...

...i saw nothing objectionable or anything to be depressed about... the kids are not victims of bubble-wrap utopia-crazed parents and thats a good thang cuz the bubble-wrap kids wont survive in the real world...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yes, Wyn Hawks, it very much is like the nursery rhymes of old-- at least the fact of them.

...i didnt post anything about nursery rhymes... that was boncho...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I think you need to read my previous post. I'm not concerned about bubble wrapping children... I'm lamenting the nature of the "real world" we have created for ourselves.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Fixed.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

...i'm not the one who cant read, dear... that'd be you...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...i'm not the one who cant read, dear... that'd be you...

Asking you to read a previous post I assumed you hadn't seen yet is not the equivalent to an accusation that someone can't read.

Moreover, I simply cut and pasted the wrong name to the point, which I fixed.

Is there a full moon today?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I think these videos further make the point.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
...imo, the only point you're making is that you're having difficulty with the reality that our world has been a harsh environment for countless eons upon eons and that kids have always been aware of society's ills and weapons... anger, denial, depression, disapproval are normal enough reactions to seeing a reality you arent accustomed to... it doesnt make them appropriate responses - just typical...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

...imo, the only point you're making is that you're having difficulty with the reality that our world has been a harsh environment for countless eons upon eons and that kids have always been aware of society's ills and weapons... anger, denial, depression, disapproval are normal enough reactions to seeing a reality you arent accustomed to... it doesnt make them appropriate responses - just typical...

Doesn't make it right or acceptable. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to relive the dark parts of human history. Suffering begets more suffering. I suppose if I actually had a shot at things I enjoyed when I was a kid, it would have been easier on me and the people around me.

Instead, I got to wade through all the crap the world has to offer. As I'm sure many of others have as well...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

...imo, the only point you're making is that you're having difficulty with the reality that our world has been a harsh environment for countless eons upon eons and that kids have always been aware of society's ills and weapons...

Well, that expands the actual point I've made quite a bit doesn't it?

But apparently, you're more of an authority on the actual point I was making than I am.

reply to post by boncho

Originally posted by boncho
Doesn't make it right or acceptable.

No it doesn't.

I find it odd why Wyn Hawks is tripping all over herself/himself to essentially make the point I am naive and sophomoric in the view that we should have something different for ourselves in this country.

When I was a child, we played cops and robbers....or cowboys and Indians....(and yes, I am quite aware we can have a field day with the implications of those topics), but I hadn't quite realized that we have now turned 'police state' into subject matter for childhood play and amusement.

Just sayin' is all....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

...misunderstandings happen sometimes...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I assumed you hadn't seen yet

...the assumption song - way too cute - love it - thx...

...heres another really cute video...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join