It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police help Apple hunt for missing iPhone prototype

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This is getting old, NO WAY that this could have happened twice to the same company by accident.
This is just a blatant way to get cheap advertising and a n easy way for a story to go viral.

Not falling for it twice Steve.

San Francisco police have assisted Apple in the search for a prototype of the latest iPhone that went astray in a bar in a repeat of an embarrassing loss that took place last year.
An Apple employee lost a yet-to-be-released iPhone 5 in a tequila bar in San Francisco's Mission District in July, technology news site CNET reported this week.
After the device was electronically tracked using GPS technology to a San Francisco house, four police officers and two Apple employees visited the home, the San Francisco police said in a statement distributed to news outlets.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
That phone is probably in China by now.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
no wonder Steve Jobs resigned

no wonder Apple is suing Samsung for 'stealing' its iphone prototype as well as new model.

no wonder, Apple is a monopoly fed by sheeple worldwide.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I just fail to see what the purpose behind them "losing" these phones. If it is not on purpose do they have spys inside the company that get paid to "lose" these yet unreleased phones?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
LOL when i saw the title i thought didnt that happen a long time ago? Haha glad we deny ignorance over here on ats.. Clearly this is for marketing

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm too ignorant to read much, all I know is government action = more free-dumb.
I believe everything the TV tells me. If you don't, then there's obviously something wrong with you.

/end sarcasm

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
People,people. You all see it from wrong angle.
Apple is a corporation that thinks only about customers. Yes,they are.
"Loosing an iphone in a pub" is one of the usual (for Apple) steps of testing a new product. Other companies might not be interested how touch screen reacts to being drenched in tequila mixed with vodka and beer. But Apple knows that large percentage of their clients might use their products in similar hostile conditions and tests it vigorously.
Cheap commercials, viral marketing.... Why so cynical? Here,have an apple.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

My god man I hope you're going for sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorVeritas

My god man I hope you're going for sarcasm.

Well, i was trying to. Not that good an attempt, apparently.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorVeritas

I just fail to see what the purpose behind them "losing" these phones. If it is not on purpose do they have spys inside the company that get paid to "lose" these yet unreleased phones?

It's really a 'world' worthy of an action film or four.

Smart people realize the value of what they are working on. Enterprising people seek a means of getting paid for it. At some point, you wind up with enterprising people having rather complete knowledge of a rather valuable item. Usually, they make the conscious decision to offer up this knowledge in discreet communities to the highest bidder.

Other times, individuals representing the interests of a competitor approach an individual known to have such knowledge, and given an offer (this would, not normally, be done directly. Often, the goal would be to 'plant' the idea that they could get paid large sums of money for that knowledge).

And in even fewer cases, that individual is a plant from another corporate interest. Sometimes these are companies that deal almost exclusively in espionage and counter-espionage - thus, they buy and sell secrets/prototypes/etc as a matter of course. Intelligence mercenaries, if you will.

This is often fueled by the fact that many corporations do not file patents, these days. A patent, by its very nature, cannot be too broad in its terms (you couldn't patent every process for grating cheese with a single patent). It's become quite common for foreign companies to browse the patent applications of other countries to expedite their own R&D (if it exists). Thus, patenting something almost guarantees it will appear as a knock-off, sometimes before you even introduce it to market.

So, you don't patent it and try to keep your secrets in-house. The problem, however, is that if/when one of these products escapes, you have little in terms of legal recourse should an exact copy be made by another company.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Apple is one of the most evil companies existing today with all of their small print and bullying other companies and employees and hell even customers into submission

Heres a comical take on all the crap they get up to:

www.cracked.com...

Android forever! Modding forever!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The iPhone is the worst investment I EVER made. I was a Cingular cell phone client, my phone went belly up, so did Cingular, they didn't make the Okia phones anymore and replacements cost about half what the new iPhone price slash (50%) costed at the time, so as a MAC guy I said why not go to the total iMAC thing? Well AT&T ripped me off for years after many calls and refunds and my friends said they weren't getting charged like that and I HARDLY EVER USED THE PHONE AT ALL!. It was my highest utility bill and I told them if it doesn't change I have to drop you, they didn't care

Not only that someone stole my jacket with the phone in it while I was playing pool, so I bought another one.

I don;t know if it's Apple or AT&T, but they all totally screw the consumers like Adobe does. Companies live off of screwing their customers today because they can and it is easier than providing a just service, they don't care.

Lately I have other friends that said AT&T was charging them ridiculous money for a lousy phone. We are talking like an average of $400.00 a month for someone that doesn't even make a call per day on it!

They can all go to hell.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Apple keeps pulling stupid publicity stunts to keep sheeple talking about thier overrated products.

I will never give Apple another cent after what I went thru with them years ago. Android is such a better OS and you can get it on your choice of phone.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jstanthrno1
Apple keeps pulling stupid publicity stunts to keep sheeple talking about thier overrated products.

I will never give Apple another cent after what I went thru with them years ago. Android is such a better OS and you can get it on your choice of phone.

A mate of mine asked me which was better an Android phone or an iPhone. I made up a list of all of the problems mentioned here and listed the antenna/jailbreaking issues and said to him go for the Android phone it has more features, its more adaptable, its cheaper and it has better support.

Needless to say he ignored me and asked a bloke from down the phone shop, who said exaclty the same things as me. WHY DID HE EVEN ASK!?

Anyway needless to say he ignored me and the phone shop bloke and bought an iPhone...

...sheople

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If the iPhone is so smart, why doesn't it phone home?

new topics

top topics

join