It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heart Warming Story I wanted to share

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just received an email from a dear friend who likes to send interesting and sometimes funny emails, just received this one:

The Best Day Of Fishing Ever!

I've heard of salmon jumping into boats but . . Four were pulled from the icy waters of Stephens Passage, Alaska , by a group of locals on Tom Satre's 62-foot charter vessel. Four juvenile Sitka black-tailed deer swam directly toward the boat.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ef1635d5f2d.jpg[/atsimg]

Once the deer reached the boat, the four began to circle the boat, looking
directly at the humans on board. Clearly, the bucks were distressed. With help, the typically skittish and absolutely wild animals came willingly onto the boat. Once on-board, they collapsed with exhaustion, shivering.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96eeea5b9c6a.jpg[/atsimg]

Here the rescued bucks rest on the back of Tom Satre's boat, the Alaska Quest.
All four deer were transported to Taku Harbour . Once the group reached the dock, the first buck that had been pulled from the water hopped onto the dock, looked back, then leapt into the harbour, swam to shore, and disappeared into the forest. After a bit of prodding and assistance from the humans, two others followed suit, but one deer needed more help.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2959e080f44e.jpg[/atsimg]

Here he is being transported by Tom Satre:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c68b4af79a16.jpg[/atsimg]

Tom, Anna and Tim Satre help the last of the "button" bucks to its feet.
They did not know how long the deer had been in the icy waters or if there had been others who did not survive. The good Samaritans (humans) describe their experience as "one of those defining moments in life." I'm sure it was for the deer, as well.

This has actually happened, juneauempire.com...

I did a quick search but couldn't find anything related so please accept my apologies if I have missed it somewhere.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

thank you for sharing that. bless those folks for doing the right thing. i wonder how those poor animals wound up in such a circumstance and i glad someone was there to lend a hand.

these wonderful creatures we see around us, they are God's gift to man. what we do with these creatures is man's gift to God.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The deer were probably being pursued by predators when they paniced and swam into waters. They prey may well have stayed at the shore waiting for their return so they probably made a swim for it and got exhausted. When they saw the boat it was their only option. Nature never ceases to amaze. A beautiful story.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Great luck the animals ran into a caring bunch of people.

Feeling the warm-fuzzies right now. Good story.

edit on 2-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Setting his fetish for Venison aside....

Very touching story indeed.
Feeling the love

edit on 2-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is an interesting story. Those creatures, although named "Deer," can be far from it.

I used to live in the North Woods, and would put out piles of corn for them in the winter when they had little to select from for food.

Just like humans, they can show their worst and their best when the need be.

The way they fought over food is amazing, and those hooves are razor sharp!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
That's a cool story. Thanks for sharing.

It would be amazing to see that sight of the deers swimming towards you and needing your help. The fact that they were able to help them and see them have a safe return to the forest is amazing. I would have taken so many pictures.

Good to see humanity helping animals because it seems to not be the norm lately.

Pred...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
That's a great story, but just a warning to people out there, wild animals can be deceivingly docile sometimes due to injuries. I once went for a jog and found a small cottontail rabbit in the middle of the road. I stopped and looked it over and it looked unharmed, but clearly there was something wrong with it as it wasn't moving. I took it home and put it on a towel in a shoebox and started looking for the number to a wildlife rehabilitator. It was extremely calm and let my kids pet it for about 15 minutes, then suddenly it went ballistic, started hopping all over the room wildly. It knocked things over and jumped on top of the entertainment center at one point! I opened the front door and after a while managed to direct it out while it was bounding around. I've since heard similar stories with deer where people found them injured and put them in their car only to have them come to later and rip the car apart trying to get out. So be careful, sometimes they're not really hurt but may just be stunned (and temporarily docile) from an accident.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
OK...

I want to see hands... How many of you after reading the first part of this story then viewing this image said lovingly out loud

awwwwww!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96eeea5b9c6a.jpg[/atsimg]

Come on, raise your hands

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/60aade9215fb.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes... I did.

Followed by: Glad it wasn't hunting season.

I know, ruins the moment...

edit on 2-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Not me lol I love Venison loin and I am a carnivor that would normally be a predator if Society didn't kill my food for me. I would have no regrets slitting their throats and eating them.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

edit on 2-9-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Not me lol I love Venison loin and I am a carnivor that would normally be a predator if Society didn't kill my food for me. I would have no regrets slitting their throats and eating them.

pssst.

Xnay on the eatinay of the Venisonay!

Ruining the moment...

Me too by the way

uuhhmm...

edit on 2-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
They look quite plump!

I would guess to say that humans were not the predator that was after them; they are very lucky and the timing was probably their life!

I think that you get a feather for this in the afterlife! Bless you all!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Venison is the best meat I know, low in fat, full of iron and rich in vitamins and energy. Thats why they are here for us.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What a wonderful story. I was another that went awwwwwww lol

Nice to see theres still a few decent folk in the world.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

files.abovetopsecret.com...

What I am doing wrong that will not show the waving hand? Argghhhh!

edit on 2-9-2011 by angelchanneller because: sheer frustration

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchanneller

add

[i m g] image text here [/i m g]

without spaces
edit on 2-9-2011 by StarTraveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I am sharing this with others...I have tons of animal friends.

Perfect! And thanks so much for posting this thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Thanks OP!

The damn hand waves on my toolbar!

P.S. Nothin' at you Slayer...just my myopic computer skills

edit on 2-9-2011 by angelchanneller because: Apology

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join