It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels Round Up Blacks, Put Them In Prison Camps

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

www.infowars.com

Migrant blacks and sub-Saharan Africans comprise one third of the entire Libyan population, and a minority were hired by Gaddafi as mercenary fighters, but rebels are treating them all as enemy combatants, with reports of abuse, murders and mass arrests increasing in volume.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.bloomberg.com

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I searched and found nothing (Using both the search function and browsing the first page on the most active political/events forums to catch any quirks).

I saw this on the news, Yesterday. I am quite surprised it has not lit up the ATS forums, yet.

I'll hold off on my comments - anyone familiar with me can probably already guess what my opinion is, anyway.

www.infowars.com

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
And to think, NATO helped these guys from the beginning, US Special forces and others they rounded up. It is now known that the US had a presence there months before they publicly claimed they did.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Frankly, nothing surprises me anymore. I think someone.. perhaps the actual "NATO" personnel in theater should have been able to see this coming. But then, I wonder how many of them are similarly racially identifiable?

I suspect that this will be used and abused by different people but I agree it is amazing that people here missed the report....

smarterthanyou,

You know I disagree that NATO helped them...

NATO helped themselves.

They took a group of people who mustered the courage to attempt a peaceful large-scale protest and armed them.. making them valid targets for brutality...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
the rage and vomit I feel right now are unspeakable, according to Manners & Decorum.

Our nations have helped these middle-age beings in their Sharia Law War USING OUR TAXES. We're governed by the most gigantic bunch of evil idiots ever suffered in the World History.

Im incensed.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Question...no need to answer...

I'm being serious as well...

Why is it that every culture feels the need to dominate the Blacks/Africans? (Yes, Africans did participate in the slave trade, but had no idea that it was the hell that it truly was. Many cultures around the world kept prisoners of war and servants that were treated well...this has been a human practice since forever, so we'll avoid the whole "Blacks sold Blacks" thing right now. )

I'm truly asking....why are black Africans seemingly suffering at the hands of others constantly. Their civilizations, the great ones, fell far before the ones in Europe started to rise. The Arabs took them as slaves and forced the religion upon them, the European colonialism ravaged the resources and made a profit off of the North Atlantic Slave Trade, and the Chinese now colonize the continent for Oil and future Global positioning.

I'm not the Abrahamic type...but isn't there something about how the Jews will suffer and Weep? If I was a man of that faith, I might look towards Africans as the Hebrews rather than some random Eastern Europeans who Russia, Poland, and the Balkans after WW2.

Just saying....I know it's a little off topic, but it makes you wonder.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Um, problem is....They are human. Problem is, you are human. What does skin color have to do with caring. You can care if others won't. We're all the same here, we're all brothers and sisters of humanity. I don't see why you are making any separation. Your post...has good intentions somewhere in it, it's just filled with venom. See us all as your brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers. I guarantee this will help make the world a better place for not only yourself, but for others as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

At the risk of further encouraging slightly off-topic musing.... I think it's a tribal thing. tribes tend to do all sorts of horrible things to each other.... but then... maybe such a generalization is fraught with pitfalls....

Back on topic...

I can't imagine that any rational person would automatically be prompted to brutality simply because of another's skin color... but a mob is a different matter entirely, and mobs can be 'controlled' to carry out the most inhumane of acts with the feeblest of excuses.

You (pejoratively speaking) do realize that our glorious global leaders will say "these are the acts of a few bad apples" right? They would never admit to not caring about how the new opportunity for further commercial empire is peppered with 'externalities' like social injustice... that would morally oblige them to act.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I should add a comment:

I really don't want this to turn into a racial discussion. I know that might sound a bit silly, given the fact I posted something that has to do with a race issue in another country... but we have enough issues with the race card in America.

To be honest, I have to laugh at the news of this. Perhaps that makes me disgusting - but it was where most of us with an ounce of critical thinking capacity saw this whole Libyan Rebellion going: from the frying pan and into the fire.

The Obama administration decided to support a rebellion comprised of members it knew very little about while committing very few resources to the effort.

Compare this to how the U.S. handled Afghanistan and empowered the Northern Alliance. While I am sure that was not a picture-perfect relationship at all times - the situation was far more controlled (and the blunders, at least, were our own).

This trend is only spreading - Syria's rebellion was on the headlines amidst news of Libyan rebels going bonkers and arresting suspected Qaddafi supporters.

By the way - I know it's the least-favorite news source on this forum, for whatever reason, but Fox news was where I originally encountered this story in the Student Commons while eating lunch. (Let the "it's made up" comments begin).

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

way to be a racist.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

those people were not peaceful protesters , they were al qaeda fighters. the peaceful protesters were calling for transparency in the energy sector and reduction of corruption in Ghadafi govt and the al qaeda along with NATO used it as a ruse to conquer Libya

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C

www.infowars.com

Migrant blacks and sub-Saharan Africans comprise one third of the entire Libyan population, and a minority were hired by Gaddafi as mercenary fighters, but rebels are treating them all as enemy combatants, with reports of abuse, murders and mass arrests increasing in volume.

Related News Links:
www.google.com
www.bloomberg.com

Infowars is the perfect description.

All the B-S floating around on Libya should be filed in the Political Madness forum... because that's what it is; political.

The MSM is lousy with bias and so are the alternative sources.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil
reply to post by Maxmars

those people were not peaceful protesters , they were al qaeda fighters. the peaceful protesters were calling for transparency in the energy sector and reduction of corruption in Ghadafi govt and the al qaeda along with NATO used it as a ruse to conquer Libya

I can't be sure to which "those people" you are referring. My reference was to those who were marching and staging protests before some military genius decided it would be a good thing to give them weapons.... I think you and I agree.

I suppose whoever it was that created the general idea that all Ghadafi's soldiers were dark-skinned immigrants may be grinning ear-to-ear right now... more money for weapon sales; more terrorist and insurgent activity, general pain and suffering.... it's an arms dealers dream scenario....

... and by the way.. with all due respect... USAisdevil.. I find your username offensive....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

All the B-S floating around on Libya should be filed in the Political Madness forum... because that's what it is; political.

Honestly, this is mostly my interest in it as it pertains to U.S. Foreign policy and the lunacy of our current administration.

However, there was not, in my searching for it, any mention of it on ATS (there is also not much in the way of news regarding Syria's current state of rebellion and relative insanity). So, I figured a news thread would trigger political threads.

The MSM is lousy with bias and so are the alternative sources.

It's kind of hard to construe bias out of this type of event. You either are conducting mass arrests with abuse in tow, or not. The MSM is either reporting it... or not. You can pull a few extreme cases out of the mix to make things sound better/worse than they are... but it's kind of hard to bias what amounts to a purging of people based on their migrant status (which is heavily linked to skin color - likely leading to a number of racially motivated events within the prime).

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Firstly it's about what all Americans are told to believe based upon what the Media tells them to believe.

It's not as if Blacks or Whites receive different mainstream media based News reports.

From my experience, I don't think that Black Americans feel any different than White Americans do when it comes to Foreigners.

The look at themselves as Black Americans...

Blacks and Native Americans wore the same military uniforms as Whites when fighting our wars.
Fighting for The United States of America and your and my own Freedom.

It's not as if White Americans of German descent or Japanese Americans felt any different about fighting against Germany and Japan.

People are people and first and foremost, we are ALL Americans Black, Red, White, Yellow or otherwise.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

When we're under stress, seems to me we're hardwired to attack individuals who are identifiably "different." Reminds me of Kozinski's short story titled "The Painted Bird" in the book of the same name.

...Also seems to me that we're being manipulated to feel stress precisely so we WILL slip into hardwire mode and attack one another.

The Libyan Rebels' actions are quite similar to what's going on right here in North America...

S&F&

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I was watching Russia Today news and they where reporting that even dark skinned Libyans from other 'tribes' where being rounded up as possible mercenaries.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Heres more

Libyan Forces Now Persecuting Blacks

source

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by Pervius

Um, problem is....They are human. Problem is, you are human. What does skin color have to do with caring. You can care if others won't. We're all the same here, we're all brothers and sisters of humanity. I don't see why you are making any separation. Your post...has good intentions somewhere in it, it's just filled with venom. See us all as your brothers, sisters, mothers, and fathers. I guarantee this will help make the world a better place for not only yourself, but for others as well.

Is this what you believe?....Why?...Where did you learn that we are all the same?...Who sold you this?

If integration would "make the world a better place", what's the hold up?...Why hasn't it happened yet?

We are not created equal....Equality is a lie designed to drive commerce. Equality makes the rich richer, and the poor poorer.

Equality is FORCED upon the world through ridicule and contempt.

That being said, i do NOT believe that any one race should be made to suffer. War, murder, slavery, starvation and robbery are not the answers.

We are all VERY different, and had we realized this long ago, maybe we would be able to ignore each other without some poor bastard getting his feelings hurt.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join