It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you find this funny again??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I don't agree with pulling the rug out or tripping someone etc

??? yet you think there was nothing wrong with them kicking the mattress out of the way..and you said..anyone who has a problem with it lives in a box? ..You also said the kid probably deserved it?

The pulling of the rug bit I mentioned WAS referring to the kicking of the mattress.. and yes he could have seriously hurt his wrists..trying to break his fall.

You seem to go back and forth now coloradojens ..in one post..its "long live children doing crazy things"... and now you don't advocate pulling the rug out from someone..yet you have no problem with someone kicking a mattress out of the way?

I could go back and repost all your quotes..but I think people can read for themselves.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Oh look now who's going too far...I won't even begin to comment on the infantile parrot quality in which you answered my last post.

Perhaps it had something to do with the infantile way you replied to mine....

I posted the following...

please.. stretch marks and laugh lines are not what I would call scars of horseplay.... they are a natural product of life..and I don't have an issue with mine. But go ahead and wear your horseplay scars as a badge of honor.. .. I find other things to be more honorable.

to which you replied in an infantile parroted way..the following post...

Pleeeeease give me a break.... I got my children by plenty of wrestling and rough and tumble, not a turkey baster.

That is supposed to be mature? It struck me as crude.... but I guess..thats just your character....

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The kid that this happened to, may still not think it's funny, but someday he will see this video again and probably laugh!! If we can't laugh at ourselves, what is the point? I had stupid stuff, like that video, happen to me, and today I can and do laugh about it!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

What are you so hopped up about today? Calm down. I disagree and kids do it all the time. No bubble wrap on my children, thanks. Can we make up now?

CJ

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well I for one prefer to be blunt, realistic and as some would make out *crude*, than live and wish others to live in some bubblewrapped cocoon like some snow white from hell.

We can guide our children - we can tell them doing such and such they will likely break their necks, but we MUST give them the freedom to explore their own and others boundaries.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

What are you so hopped up about today? Calm down. I disagree and kids do it all the time. No bubble wrap on my children, thanks. Can we make up now?

CJ

I wasn't a bubble wrap parent,and please don't make this into being an over protective parent issue.

Children NEED to be told when to draw the line....that is why they are under the guardian of adults..

The point I was making about the op was also that not only could it have caused serious injury..but it was mean spirited....which is much different than taking a tumble on your bike..or falling down of a tree and breaking your arm. It was intentional...and had I seen a kid doing it..whether it was my kid or someone elses..they would have heard what I had to say about it.

And yes..we can make up now..

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Well I for one prefer to be blunt, realistic and as some would make out *crude*, than live and wish others to live in some bubblewrapped cocoon like some snow white from hell.

We can guide our children - we can tell them doing such and such they will likely break their necks, but we MUST give them the freedom to explore their own and others boundaries.

Is the following response what you consider to be realistic?

Pleeeeease give me a break.... I got my children by plenty of wrestling and rough and tumble, not a turkey baster.

Not once did I ever imply anything what so ever , about how you got pregnant..but somehow you injected this into the conversation...based on what reality?

And yes..I agree..we need to expect kids to fall down and hurt themselves..and sometimes accidents happen.. but the op showed a kid.. deliberately making an accident happen.. almost daring to see how much a child can get hurt.

If you think I live in some bubble wrapped cocoon like some snow white from hell..you really have no idea..

There were often many kids around our house when my kids were growing up....and they rough housed ,and had their fun. Had I seen any of them pull a stunt like the kicking away of the mattress while they were horsing around....I would have sent them home. That does not make me a bubble wrap parent..it does not make snow white from hell...... it makes me a caring person who does not like to see another human purposely cause injury to someone...and a responsible adult for not letting them get away with it.

That is my reality...and I guess it isn't the same as you 'reality"

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

It has to be funny, or all of the world would be dead.

This is how we are built, there are only two choices here: laugh or beat the crap of the person.

We should all laugh more, this stupid attitude: "He pushed me and I will sue or kill him " has to go. This is the real test of a friendship and of how far we got from the you hit me I hit you back mentality.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
OK, it's funny, I just had to laugh, but what is the deep down reason for it being funny. Some might not even find it funny, so just want to discuss the reasoning.

I wouldn't laugh if that happened to me, but would understand why others would laugh because I'm laughing at this video. So the questions remains, why do I find it funny? But maybe it can help me out if I find out why others would find it funny, if they find it funny. And why wouldn't they find it funny?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7aef492e1c41.gif[/atsimg]

Edit to Add:
And no, that's not me.
edit on 2-9-2011 by confreak because: (no reason given)

Laughing anf finding something humerous is often a natural defence to something that distresses the human mind. It is natural.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Laughing anf finding something humerous is often a natural defence to something that distresses the human mind. It is natural.
reply to post by michael1983l

That I can understand.. but laughing at a mean spirited joke..that could cause some serious joke..well..not so funny.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

It means the subjects are subconciously uncomfortable about the events. Then again there is also the psycho's that find suffering entertaining.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Haha, I can't stop laughing!

Of COURSE this is funny! Why? Because this is what happens when stupid people are at work.

The way he was jumping, he would have landed on the last mattress, which looks to be an inflatable one. It has to be if the girl can kick it away so easily.

Either way, if she didn't kick it, that video would have still ended up pretty funny.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I think looking at it detached i.e. in a video on the internet with people you don't know changes the relevance of your feelings.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

It's not a detachment of people, its the detachment of the situation. It's pretty obvious to people with sense, what would happen if we tried something like that. So, we avoid it.

Whether or not I know the people has nothing to do with it.

I guess the real reason I find it funny...deep down inside...is probably because when I see videos like this, it reminds me of Wyle E. Coyote.
When he buys his stupid inventions and they blow up or backfire on him, and you could see it coming.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
...am i the only one wondering how that girl kicked that mattress out of the way?... its not like they're light, especially old ones (all those dead skin cells)...

...this was rigged, imo... the bed had a rope on it pulled by someone standing off camera...

...oh, uh, was it funny?... yep... one of my many character flaws is laughing when someone slips or falls down... if they fart in the process, i'm a goner...

edit on 9/2/11 by Wyn Hawks because: ...on second thought, its an air mattress... so, nevermind...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I don't find it funny. I think people who find it funny fall into two categories.

1. They are experiencing shock based trauma. The brain automatically sends, as a defense , chemicals to make them laugh to protect them from losing it. I don't have the correct term for it, but that's the layman version.

2. They are sick in the head and get some disgusting thrill off people getting hurt.I don't have the correct term for that either, but that's the layman version.

So,

Sick or Shocked

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

I don't find it funny. I think people who find it funny fall into two categories.

1. They are experiencing shock based trauma. The brain automatically sends, as a defense , chemicals to make them laugh to protect them from losing it. I don't have the correct term for it, but that's the layman version.

2. They are sick in the head and get some disgusting thrill off people getting hurt.I don't have the correct term for that either, but that's the layman version.

So,

Sick or Shocked

Can you provide the correct terms? I may have a condition and need to get checked.
I may be sick!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Why do you think America's Funniest Videos is so popular! This video falls in that category. In my opinion.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
...gosh, i'm a sicko, huh?...
... sure beats being a anal retentive, uh, sour puss...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Haha, wow, you're a funny one, ain't ya? This is funny. Hilarious even. Why? Because this is the same stuff I did as a kid with my friends. We did things like this to each other barring possible serious injury. Why? Hell, we don't know. It was funny. And it's was usually expected. I still do this with my friends. Sure, we may be hurt at the time. But it's still hilarious. Even when I'm the one hurt. It's not about being sick in the head. It's just the way things are. It's been like that for as long as I can remember. But then again, I'm what most people would consider a "redneck". Excuse me if I'm not "refined" like you city folk. Seems like some people didn't get to enjoy the fruits of being a kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join