It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASSIVE OIL SLICK now forming near Deepwater Horizon site!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Suddenly this commercial doesn't seem so warm and fuzzy...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
And they aint puttin it on the news. They wouldnt do that now would they. Huh cant wait to see what this turns into. Haliberton sueing bp another oil leek near deep water horizon?????? Connection???? We may never know

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Unless you walk or ride a bicycle where ever you go then you are as guilty as the next guy. Almost all of us demand the cheapest gas possible.Even the bicycle has petroleum patrts involved.Im guilty so are 95% of you.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by Farnhold
Seafloor is cracked, what do you expect? It is beyond our technology to fix it.

Maybe the government can come with some sort of compromise with the Aliens to have them fix it, seeing as they have better technology.

I wish. I bet aliens are laughing their asses off while watching our stupidity.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Seafloor is cracked, what do you expect? It is beyond our technology to fix it.

Maybe the government can come with some sort of compromise with the Aliens to have them fix it, seeing as they have better technology.

I wish. I bet aliens are laughing their asses off while watching our stupidity.

Don't let them have all the fun!

The universe always finds balance, there are still half cool things left. The cup is half full and half empty simultaneously, so to speak.

Let us join in the laughter because I would rather be mad as in crazy rather than mad as in angry.

They want to force us into a negative to stop them. Well I say don't do it. I have a better idea. Let's do Nothing. As in, stop buying their crap. Walk a little more, ride a bike. Do NOTHING sometimes!

That's actually the best solution probably. I just wish people stopped thinking they have to do something. Let's just do nothing, no more going out all the time for no reason. Start staying home more often perhaps? Try to carpool with family or friends more often, which means less driving which equals doing nothing more. Maybe get more longer lasting goods at the store in larger quantities so as to lessen the amount of trips to the store, thus granting more time for doing nothing.

This saves money and buys less stuff. This hurts them badly.

It means more wealth concentration for you and less for them.

And the demands for oil will drop just even slightly. Which will lessen the nature of this beast in my prediction, if by the smallest fraction imaginable it would be a nice help. See we can make a difference by doing nothing. The beast relies on us to do things so it can 'get in on the action $$$'.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
With Tropical Storm Lee is moving into the area it could disperse the slick for a while. With that being said we may not hear much until things calm down and the slick rebuilds. Who wants to bet that the "new" slick will be blamed on storm damage and thus not BP's fault.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I guess that vortex isnt sealed....ooooooops
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Star and Flag Loam !

With so much in the news today,people have forgotten about this man made disaster. Thanks for putting back to the forefront.

I still believe this man made disaster will continue to cause problems for those in the region,and humanity as a whole. How sad..........

edit on 2-9-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Natural Oil Seeps vs. Oil Spills
Thanks for this. I was already posting towards this thought in another similar thread, comming to these conclusions, but it's nice to see someone else put it all together.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raskadawg
Hypothetically speaking, if it is the sea floor cracked and leaking, is it possible that the whole well could empty out into the GOM by the sea floor collapsing into the well or anything?

ive no idea about these things, just that came to mind while reading your posts.

Peace
It depends on what is actually seeping out. Oil separates out into lighter and heavier elements. The lighter stuff makes its way to the top through the heavier crude, taking some of it with the lighter, but predominantly, what surfaces is lighter than the pressure of the water on it. Read up on salt domes, it will give a better impression of how lighter elements work their way though rock.

I had it on the authority of my frac/coil tubing buddy that if they had just blown the well, instead of letting it pop up through the pipe, that less would have made it into the gulf because the pressure from lighter rising elements would have dropped.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by AnalyticalDreamer

Originally posted by AnalyticalDreamer

It could be the result of natural oil seepage on the sea floor, she said.

So what they're saying is. That the sea floor could be naturally leaking. Just coincidently right next to the deepwater horizon well site.

They're hoping no one will remember this video:

YIKES!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What I wonder is - Is a lot of that oil going to come ashore in the form of precipitation from the tropical depression?

It's got to.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

While there aren't any mountains around that area... I regress that this situation was one that was planned. Anything that involves Haliburton and a Standard Oil off-spring seems like no good to me.

Ordering another round of Corexit 9500!

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the ATS community.

Clearly this environmental disaster was far from fully resolved when the media began looking elsewhere, for the next “hot”, “new” and suitably mundane news of the week.

Now we face the repercussions of this botched “repair job”, perhaps even greater than the first major leak, which already holds the title for one of the worst environmental catastrophes in human history.

Flaws in Transocean Ltd.'s emergency training and equipment and a poor safety culture contributed to the deadly Deepwater Horizon drilling rig explosion that led to the Gulf oil spill, according to a Coast Guard report released Friday. The report centered on Transocean's role in the disaster because it owned the rig and was primarily responsible for ensuring its safety, the Coast Guard said. BP PLC owned the well that blew out. The Coast Guard report also concluded that decisions made by workers aboard the rig "may have affected the explosions or their impact," such as failing to follow procedures for notifying other crew members about the emergency after the blast. The report doesn't explore the root causes of the well blowout, which triggered the explosions that killed 11 workers and sent millions of gallons of oil spewing into the Gulf of Mexico. But the Coast Guard said numerous actions by Transocean and the rig's crew affected their ability to prevent or limit the disaster. Electrical equipment that may have ignited the explosion was poorly maintained, while gas alarms and automatic shutdown systems were bypassed so that they did not alert the crew, the report said. And rig workers didn't receive adequate training on how and when to disconnect the rig from the well to avoid an explosion, it said. "These deficiencies indicate that Transocean's failure to have an effective safety management system and instill a culture that emphasizes and ensures safety contributed to this disaster," the report said.

I know, that this isn’t a suitably “sexy” story for the media so it’s going to be hush hush is per usual.

S&F for your efforts to bring this news into the light.

SS

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Do you guys think their solution to the oil spill isn't working anymore? Or maybe it was just a quick fix? Or maybe they didn't fix it in the first place? But I doubt it.

Now that I think about it, I can't even remember what the solution was, didn't they use a dome that sealed it off or something?

edit on 2-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edi tmy post

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nfflhome

There are safe ways of getting this oil then there is BP`s way so the fact 95% of us use oil has nothing to do with it.
Sorry I refuse to take any blame with companies cutting corners pushing safety it is all on them not us. It`s all about profit and not safely doing it.

Bet they wish they played the safety first issue on this deal now though. Hopefully they learn but I doubt it due to they are not getting charged with it like they should.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

All I know is that the economy sucks down near there..............

Have lived in a domestic violence program since last August, in another state because it is really bad.
I was on a beach in Biloxi the day of the oil spill and have family that worked on oil rigs. It's bad, really bad.

This is an area that never quite recoverd from Katrina.

People are punch happy, and don't quite know what to do with themselves, so those that are still working in the area .....wellll....

And it wasn't so much the spilling oil which was bad, as the OIL IS NATURAL.

How about the chemicals used to correct it? The corexit, and the burns offs?

I breathed that "expletive" living on the coast.

Another agent orange coverup type of deal. My belief.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

This is what they did to stem the flow of the leak; some surmise that the pressure was just too great for the dome to handle.

In order to control the oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico after a explosion in an oil rig, workers finished fabricating the containment chamber portion of the collection dome that will be deployed to the sea floor to collect oil as it escapes from the well. Work will now begin on the piping system that brings the oil to the surface for collection; this method has never been tried at this depth before.

With the recent news, including several threads on ATS about the new oil slicks appearing, I think it’s safe to say something has gone wrong.

SS

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
how bad do yall think it will get out in the gulf? is there really any thing that can be done to clog up or even fix a seeping sea flour that bp caused?

i think its going to be a lot worse than any one thinks. leaking sea flour over the next 10 years would make a new attraction to the gulf. it will make the tar pits in cali look like a rain drop. then u could have a tar ball fight on the new oil sand beaches. the best one would be lighting the gulf on fire when it gets covered with enough oil. cant wait to see how hot the earth will get the following year after fire in the gulf party. i guess all you can do in a situation like this is make lemon aid out of the lemons life tosses your way. right!

with the cracks on the sea flour i looked around and didnt find any thing that would be a simple fix. heck i didnt even find any way to fix them at all. i cant wait to see what this brings every one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join