It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General: China Could Be Planning Surprise Missile Attack on United States

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm of the belief that all of the World's major economic powers are in cahoots and all linked together by the elite. War profiteering, monopolies on resources, etc - any perceived "beef" that the Super Powers have, is for show and for the lower echelons.

Not only would the World's economy collapse if any one Super Power "won", but I think it's understood that human life would pretty much cease if the battle was fought. This perceived notion that people that are "different" have a complete disregard for human life is antiquated.

I saw something in a documentary about China's population control here on ATS. It said that "Western Bankers" told China in the 1970's, that they needed to keep their population low at all costs (1 child law). In my opinion, the western bankers were suggesting that the tides were going to turn for China, and they would one day be THE Super Power. It's all been planned out. China is buying all of our debt, buying our land, and producing 95% of what we consume. The dollar is coming to a screeching halt, we're spreading ourselves thinner across the world, setting up military bases in every place conceivable. We're witnessing the purposefully and willing fall of an empire - the reigns are slowly being handed over to the up and comer.

Anyways, my point being that this is all a game for the "big boys", and nuclear war is no where in the cards. The world is a chess board and we're the pawns.

Edit to add; I've skimmed the thread and haven't seen anyone mention that the biggest war to be fought with China is the technological one. Remember the story about all of the routers that were sent over here with backdoors? Tons and tons of businesses all around the US use those kinds of routers! Scary! Oh, and the crazy worms that could activate and turn all of our PCs into minions

edit on 1-9-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
reply to post by SLAYER69

You should ask them if you're having trouble figuring out what they're implying.

I will agree with you that'd both sides would be obliterated, but I will not agree with you that some of our fellow members aren't saying we'd kick the crap out of them...because they are.

"Kicking the crap" out of anyone is essentially meaningless when your own bowels have been so loosened in the exchange that you can't stand up any more...

Sure, both sides would have the crap kicked out of them - that's a given. It sort of defines "pyrrhic victory", though.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It could have been a hypothetical war game based on escalating tensions first. At any rate the article implies that they cannot do it as we have spies within their missile system.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Slayer has done an admirable job keeping the conversation rationale, I would like to add a few details.

Overlooking the obvious senselessness of armed conflict due to such minor considerations as trade interdependence and the post WWII preference for civilized diplomacy in lieu of military aggression....

While China unquestionably possesses the ability to force their will throughout their own geographical locale, China does not possess a credible strategic nuclear capability.

As pointed out by another poster, China has at most a couple of dozen delivery vehicles with the range and throw weight to threaten the U.S. mainland with a thermonuclear weapon.

Not only are China's DF-4 ICBM's incapable of the precision needed for a first strike against hardened targets, they are liquid fueled and require substantial preparation time to launch (unlike the U.S. Minutemen which are solid fueled and capable of near instantaneous launch from the time the order is received)

U.S. surveillance assets would be aware of any such PLA preparations well in advance and would in all likelihood take the appropriate preemptive measures.

China's SLBM capability is widely regarded as a paper tiger with at most 3 boats. Most western analysts believe that China has yet to sortie a single nuclear deterrence patrol, which considering the USN's unparalleled ASW capability is a smart decision.

China does not currently have a nuclear capable submarine launched cruise missile in its inventory.

As pointed out by other posters the U.S. has a well developed multi tier missile defense system in place and operational whose only real vulnerability is being overwhelmed in a saturation attack, which as stated above, is something the PLA does not have the resources to accomplish.

In a conventional role China does not have the ability to project their forces globally, they are very much a regional power and will remain so for the foreseeable future.

Compare that to the current U.S. strategic nuclear triad of 500 deployed single warhead Minuteman ICBM's, 14 Ohio class boomers each with 24 Trident MIRV SLBM's and the nuclear capable bomber force of nearly 100 B-52's and 19 B-2's.

As a conventional force the United States is unparalleled in the ability to rapidly project overwhelming force globally and has the critical advantage of nearly 20 years of constant operational experience.

The U.S. arms and munitions industries have been spooled up to provide the equipment and supplies necessary to support multiple theatres of operations for nearly a decade.

The U.S. has known and applied the lesson learned by Imperial Japan during the second world war regarding the necessity of stockpiling reserves of the raw materials needed to wage protracted total war.

None of this is my opinion on the matter, these are facts that I will gladly source if anyone so requests.

The entire pretext that "China Could Be Planning Surprise Missile Attack on United States" is silly and naive.

Sorry to the Agent U.S.A. haters and PLA fanboys in the crowd but these are the facts.China can not now, nor in the near future, expect any outcome to this scenario other than the complete and total devastation of both their military and industrial infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

What you americans don't seem to understand is that as soon as a new weapon is developed by your MIC, it is stolen and adapted into the chinese military. Ever heard of Huawei? Didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
Not if they enslave all of us to pay it back. You know, kind of like they do to their own people?
edit on 1-9-2011 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

we already are enslaved to them. this is 21st century slavery. the ultimate global ponzi scheme. when will people realize money was created to enslave us. materialism is the root of all evil.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

China will rip you apart through sheer numbers and cyber warfare. You are in a huge economical pot of hell and the military is becoming overstretched and fatigued not to mention it takes NORAD 60 minutes to get 50 fighters in the air. The Chinese Air Force would be swarming the airspace by then destroying command centres, airbases and supply depots whilst it's newly created fleets bombard your coastline and land infantry and armour.

I have said for the past 6-7 years that China is the new America of the far east, it has been way to quiet in world events and something has to give they will need their own living space with adequate resources and infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

With the United States spread thin in with all of the current conflicts, the Chinese feel that we are ripe for the picking.

I say bring it China. It would be Japan all over again. Bring it, It would wipe our debt clean and their country. Spread thin or not. IMHO China don't stand a chance. They can bring their restored Russian aircraft carrier too.We have plenty!

I'm tired of Americans being afraid of China and what they can do. Were a Nation of wolves ruled by sheep. The wolves wont fold that easy. Even if they did succeed, and got as far as boots on the ground. Our countrymen would slaughter them. Our everyday citizen would fight tooth and nail for our land. Most might hate the Government here in the states. But we love our country and wont roll over and die. This I know for sure.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

There is ZERO possibility of a military confrontation, conflict or war between the USA and China.

It is pointless and a no win situation for both sides, a stalemate to be sure.

China has the USA exactly where it wants it now, and on the path that will create a change in global status for both nations, a change that China will benefit most from.

The USA need not worry about Chinese missiles now or in the future, except as a viable defense only, a deterrent primarily.

The USA is already defeated and just hasn't fully realized it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

Right. What's the point of Nuking America anyway? Radioactive contamination would spoil all the loot. And all our clothing is two sizes too big so it wouldn't fit anyway. On the other hand, China needs oil too. They could be eyeing a portion of Mid Eastern oil from afar and wondering just how to secure their cut. A "disguised" (terror) nuke might be advantageous in helping them to have a seat at the current pillaging of Mid East resources.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Ok you have got your alliances mixed up there bud. Britain would never back up China, nor would India. China and India are economic rivals. With India gaining more and more ground.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
it has been way to quiet in world events and something has to give they will need their own living space with adequate resources and infrastructure.

Hitler
NAZI Germany

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'll bet China doesn't have one of these babies though?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Really, infowars, Alex Jones can kick rocks that dude has always blew stories out of proportion. I dont listen to a word he says. I did for a few months and found out he's full of hot air and is a DICK to his fans!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
our economy is irrelevant to our position in the world, ALL of our technology is paid for, we have unlimited resources in oil, gas and minerals, without having to order elsewhere and the most advanced arsenal of weapons ever devised by man in any arena. china is unsophisticated with no experience in war other than books and murdering their own people. if they want some? come getcha some and see what ya get in return for ur troubles

we invented nuclear war and know how to dispense it

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Meanwhile the USA is preoccupied with this kind of enemy:

I suppose it is best to choose enemies one knows they can defeat?

Yeeehaaaw!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Yeah...
Who has invaded whom.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by anumohi

What you americans don't seem to understand is that as soon as a new weapon is developed by your MIC, it is stolen and adapted into the chinese military. Ever heard of Huawei? Didn't think so.

What many of the armchair tacticians who espouse the philosophy that espionage equals innovation don't seem to understand is simple and twofold...

Theory is only part of the equation, the sophistication of industrial technology needed manufacture a weapon system is often the most difficult challenge to overcome.

Secondly, contrary to what some here would lead you to believe, the U.S. intelligence community is not staffed by incompetent fools. It is an old and effective counter espionage technique to purposefully allow an foreign intelligence program to be seeded with false information.

China has undoubtedly enjoyed a couple of major technological infusions at the expense of the U.S. defense industry, notably the miniaturization of the W88 warhead, terminal guidance capability of the Pershing II missile and the low observability technology of the agm 129a cruise missile.

These are certainly annoyances but by no means game changers.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
it has been way to quiet in world events and something has to give they will need their own living space with adequate resources and infrastructure.

Hitler
NAZI Germany

Lebensraum

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
IDIOTS!!!!! Please THINK: How does China invade the US? With what? How do they transport their troops here? NOT LOGISTICALLY POSSIBLE. They have 1 aircraft carrier to TRY to even get planes over here.

Scenario 2: China launches nukes at the US. Well their regime must be suicidal because they will be OBLITERATED in a counter strike. They have 400 nukes compared to the US's 5000+ not to mention the ones that the US has that can be "re-assembled" at a moments notice (which are not included in the count). China stands NO CHANCE. NOTTA. ZILP. ZICH.

Why do the little kids on here bother with this stuff?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join