It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Adventure in Michigan is complete.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Very cool. I wish I can make the trip next year.

Very very cool you guys had a good time.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hey....if this is possible in Michigan...

Perhaps, then, it's possible in Colorado. Anyone interested?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Hey....if this is possible in Michigan...

Perhaps, then, it's possible in Colorado. Anyone interested?

This started with someone(cmdrkeenkid) taking the initiative, sent out the invitation and let it happen. I would suggest if someone wants to do this, u2u Kid, then find an area to hold it, send out the invitation. I'm hoping to have one, or help someone in the Souther Ontario area. We have loads of members here.

BTW Loki, your signiture cracked up the wife and I. Me I'm always up for a laugh, getting one from the wife is much harder.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
the first thing i recall doing was seeing interest in this thread: ATS CONVENTION!!!

from there i decided to start a thread on BTS (Great Lakes ATS Adventure!) which i then advertised in the ATS Convention thread.

it grew from there with some people taking notice right away. then when a few people were committed to coming i sent out u2us to anyone in the michigan area, and even some a bit further out, who i thought would enjoy coming.

this actually isn't the first thing i've helped start. i played a major part in getting the Great Lakes International Aviation Conference rolling. it's in its fifth year now, and gotten bigger and bigger ever since.

the best way to get people to come is basically to do this (not neccesarily in this order) ...

• Invite Them (duh!)
  • Give them a reason to come
  • Give them another reason to come
  • Promise them food
  • Promise them more food
  • Advertise the crappola out of it
  • Advertise even more
  • Send them reminders about it (ask the people who were coming or i thought might like to come. i think i sent out at least 4 u2us to everyone informing them about it)

EDIT: left out the "-al" at the end of "international"

[edit on 8/22/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Would have been bigger but at least 2 other members had previous commitments. TL and Elevatedone.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Again, thank you Cmdr, it was a great time. The burgers were great to, even cold. Just put some Jalapeno Mustard on, some lettuce, yum.

But anyways, people, it can be done! We have done it, only 7 people, but it was done! Think about it, next meeting in say, virginia might have 10 people. Then in Colorado might have 12, and then 15, a year from now at next years(hopefully a next one) Great Lakes ATS Meeting there will be 20 people. And hey, if you charged for them, bet you could have made money giving flights in the Scooby.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
And hey, if you charged for them, bet you could have made money giving flights in the Scooby.

i couldn't if i wanted to right now. i haven't got my commercial lisence yet. i'm not one for breaking laws, let alone ones that could take away my lisence. the most that could happen right now would be if you forced me into letting you pay for gas.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
darn it...
that other plan definately would have been cancelled if I knew about the telescopes!

Me being all of 10 minutes away I hope there can be something out here again sometime...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Would have been bigger but at least 2 other members had previous commitments. TL and Elevatedone.

Yes which sucked because I really wanted to be there.....However, I got my food and drink on in birmingham during the dreamcruise, it was a blast! Old cars doing burnouts all over the place, getting pulled over by the cops, seeing people dressed up like popeye, marilyn monroe, clowns ect....
Saw some dumb models and got to make fun of the men who ogled at em, stood next to a sports car where the models were getting their pics taken before, but when I asked people if they wanted to take my pic, nobody wanted to! damn bastards lol...
papa john's grocery store invited a radio station there, sold beer and set up tents ect and had live music there all day... Can you imagine, a supermarket throwing a party to the public??
It was really a good time....I'll post some pics I took during the cruise.
Maybe sometime before winter

we can all get together again?? I promise to come this time............
Anyway, thats what I did while you guys were doing your thing, at least we all had a good time this weekend...
to all!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Jalapeno Mustard

*Repeatedly kicks self in arse!*

Note to self, don't make too many plans for next year.

I'm glad something happened. Once the first step is past, everything else falls right into place. Great pics, great moon shot!

*Walks off grumbling cause he missed the ATS adventure, in his own back yard*

[edit on 23-8-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This makes me think maybe we could put on an ATS Tex-Mex Con. I know of a few of us in NM, and some in TEX.

Anyone for Bar-B-Que and Green Chile?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
You lucky people you!!!!! wish i was there, cmrdr your toys look amazing!!!

anyone wants to have one in florida and invite me?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
This makes me think maybe we could put on an ATS Tex-Mex Con. I know of a few of us in NM, and some in TEX.

My advice would be to do what Kid did. Start a thread "ATS Tex-Mex BBQ." If you have the room for it. Follow the Kid's proccess. "If you post it, they will come."

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I will descend from my mountainside "Evil Lair" for just such an occasion; Red light, Green Light, Beer Light (but never Light Beer)...

Roswell, I presume Phreak? Perhaps an evening of phood, and phrolic and Farley's?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

I will descend from my mountainside "Evil Lair" for just such an occasion; Red light, Green Light, Beer Light (but never Light Beer)...

Roswell, I presume Phreak? Perhaps an evening of phood, and phrolic and Farley's?

Roswell or Roswell Area...
I'm going to start a thread this evening. It would be great if we could get a Tex-Mex-i-Con going.

I'm going to have to get to brewing.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I would almost fly to Roswell (or Colorado Springs).

But I would definitely meet in Vegas.
I mean Area 51.

And I'll still do any bizarro NC thing somebody comes up with. Like see Banshee wrestle in Charlotte. Blue Ridge Parkway hillbilly outing. Greensboro Bar Crawl. Cherokee gaming. Fayetteville Airborne Museum, Pawn Shop and Strip Joint. Pinehurst tin foil hat golf weekend. Devils Stomping ground. Or any combination of air shows, retired Battleships, Indian burial mounds, historic sand dune hang gliding and shooters.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I checked Mapquest, 1727 miles. Don't think I'll be driving this one.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Within a year, I may have AN INSANE PARANORMAL NC outing lined up.

My crazy pyschic cousin is building a spiritual retreat (bed & breakfast) by an old ghost train at the geographical center of NC (Star) for Hollywood types to learn pottery, jar preserves and talk to dead people.

You can't make this stuff up people.
He really is.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I checked Mapquest, 1727 miles. Don't think I'll be driving this one.

Maybe CKK can fly you guys down. You can land at the old army airfield where the brought the alien bodies

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
OK, I'm going to do it.

I am planning the first ever, (hopefully not last) ATS Tex-Mex-I-CON.

I'm going to do it on October 9th at my place near Roswell. Anyone interested check this BTS thread or send me a u2u.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join