It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New members and their first Threads - Please read!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I’ve been around for a little while and it never ceases to amaze me how people here on ATS love to insult / make fun of / ridicule people / make others feel stupid for their threads and/or comments. I personally don’t have time for what we call in our ATS community TROLLS.

This message is for those members who don’t often post, either because you like to just read stories and events or simply because you don’t want to be a victim of the above mentioned. Please if there’s anything you could learn from what I am saying here, is to don’t get discouraged about negative comments. This is what this website is all about, to dissect anything that doesn’t make sense or debunk videos, pictures or things that are presented to us as real evidence of what we consider REAL.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with people asking questions about the credibility of your ideas or comments but I am sure you can easily see, which is a question pertaining to your comments and which is a smart comment from a troll. If your source or story is legit, then don’t worry about smart comments and simply ignore them.

By answering negative and smart comments, all you are doing is lowering yourselves to the troll’s level. By engaging yourselves in their conversations (comments), you are not only declaring “war” against them (because they WILL attack you), but also derailing each thread completely off topic.

Trolls are like hungry dogs, you ignore them enough, and they will go away!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
where theres a will theres a way !

Remember a wise man once said what doesn't kill you makes you stronger !

same applies with trolls .. and we've all trolled one time or another

its just part of the game ....

also another wise man once said if you can't handle the heat .... get outta the kitchen

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
where theres a will theres a way !

Remember a wise man once said what doesn't kill you makes you stronger !

same applies with trolls .. and we've all trolled one time or another

its just part of the game ....

also another wise man once said if you can't handle the heat .... get outta the kitchen

I like those wise men comments!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Do not feed the wild animals this case trolls. Trolls got a natural habitat just like animals. Just like animals lurk around finding food so are trolls lurking the web finding food. Just like animals get used at a certain place with loads of food and wont leave so are trolls. The more you feed the more they populate!! Are trolls animals?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Someone who is more knowledgeable isnt a troll.

Someone who disagrees with you is not a troll.

Someone who can provide evidence to refute claims are not trolls.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ive been called a troll many times, because the person cannot back up their claims. When i provide evidence to prove the OP wrong im called a troll.

People have only been calling people trolls for the past 6-8 months (on the scale we see today)...reason it....they are either kids, members of GLP...or just people with mental illness.

People throw the term troll around far to often for my liking. Most of the time people dont even understand what the word means.

Its kinda pathetic really. If you come here with big claims expect to be asked for the evidence to back it up. This isnt GLP, we are a higher class of conspiracy theorist here....we wont take your word for anything unless it can be backed up by evidence. (i certainly wont)

A lot of the things on the boards deserve to be in the creative writing section or hoax bin.

top topics

join