It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we really upset by?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So here's a question for ya, ATS.

What are we really angry about? I'm sitting here at the moment with some mp3s from iDoser; binaural stuff, and feeling pretty mellow and introspective. I'm also looking at all the craziness swirling around the US Political Madness plughole, as usual.

And it's got me thinking. Are any of you people really mad about the fact that Obama was born in Kenya, or Ron Paul supposedly still wants to be a foreign interventionist? Really?

Or is it just that you're actually ticked off about the stuff that's going down in your own life, recently? Like maybe you're having to work three jobs that suck, or maybe you're having trouble finding enough to eat, or whatev.

Now, before people get angry with me, there's no judgement here. It's just that I noticed all the bad emotional crap that was going through my own system before I started listening to these mp3s as well; and it made me think...if these can make me chill out, comparitively speaking, then if other people were listening to them, maybe there'd be a lot less hate and drama on the Internet than there is usually...and maybe said hate and drama is primarily just caused by people's brains not being aligned the way they might like.
edit on 30-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

So everyone needs to just chill out right?

Sometimes getting upset and mad gives you the incentive to get up off your ass and do something, make a difference, not take the BS anymore, just saying. I'm all for taking a chill pill, but there are ways to utilize that negative energy for good.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
reply to post by petrus4

I get what you're saying about action, but I just got tired of being miserable all the time.

I mean sure; let's do something...but on the other hand, in pure emotional terms, it seems as though feeling like crap is becoming the default state on this planet, rather than feeling positive.

Is that really what you want? Cos I know it isn't what I do.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
With or without a mind altering substance one should be able to change his way of thinking.

With....it is much easier

Without....it is much harder.

Either way....when you think and it is not a "good loving" thought...replace it with one that is. It is that simple. When you are over heated about the situation you are heated about...let the negative go....sit back and think about how you may resolve the issue. First, calm down. What makes you calm? Do it....unless it will hurt you or others of course.

Then, make an assumption about the best way to go about handling said situation.

How is that for starters? Am I winning?

HA!

Peace and love to you and yours!!!xoxoxo

Jenn

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
So here's a question for ya, ATS.

What are we really angry about?

In a word?

INJUSTICE!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

maybe said hate and drama is primarily just caused by people's brains not being aligned the way they might like.

I totally agree, good point.

But please delete your last paragraph, I am sure the mods wouldn't agree to that since that is against site policy.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Done.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Most people are ultimately upset because some other people did not act they way they wanted them to (think about all the stories you hear from people that had a falling out). They are upset because the behaviour or reaction did not fulfil their expectations.

In a larger scale, people are mad at the decisions and behaviour of large groups of people (governments, religions). In many cases they are mad at "human nature" and wish that people didn't have the desire's and drives they do.....

But yes, their personal situaiton can increase their reaction to these events.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by petrus4

Sometimes getting upset and mad gives you the incentive to get up off your ass and do something, make a difference, not take the BS anymore, just saying. I'm all for taking a chill pill, but there are ways to utilize that negative energy for good.

Who's BS is getting in the way of our daily lives more though... really? Theirs, or our own?

Nice self reflection/question OP, it was a nice reminder/refresher to read right after a small meditation session outside in the brutal southern US heat.

Namaste!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

reply to post by petrus4

... in pure emotional terms, it seems as though feeling like crap is becoming the default state on this planet, rather than feeling positive.

Is that really what you want? Cos I know it isn't what I do.

I guess that depends on where you are at. im pretty sure no one wants to feel like crap, and I think when they do they look for ways to pick themselves up, do something fun, laugh, create something.

If you are looking at in terms of seeing what makes you feel like crap as having no power over you, then sure. If you think relaxing and stillness suits you, then sure. I'm just saying there could be a large group of people celebrating right now, having the time of the year, and you would never hear about it. - Misery loves company.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
reply to post by petrus4

Who's BS is getting in the way of our daily lives more though... really? Theirs, or our own?

Really...that depends on how you define getting in the way. If I'm upset because of what I'm seeing on the propaganda machine, then its my own. But what happened to the old saying "evil triumphs when good men do nothing"? Eventually, it gets in the way of our daily lives, eventually.
edit on 30-8-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Well I don't exactly think the OP wants to know what is personally bothering us! LOL Lord knows that could take a book to explain for most folks!

However, I must say that I can be praying and cussing at the same time if that is any consolation to the question!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
We have not seriously analyzed the social effect of Cell Phones, Internet, and instant communication and updates in our life and the lives of others.

Ignorance is bliss for real, we are just on information overload I think. It will eventually lead to positive social change but right before positive changes usually comes blood. Not predicting anything here, just looking at history and comparing it to future scenarios.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section69
We have not seriously analyzed the social effect of Cell Phones, Internet, and instant communication and updates in our life and the lives of others.

Ignorance is bliss for real, we are just on information overload I think. It will eventually lead to positive social change but right before positive changes usually comes blood. Not predicting anything here, just looking at history and comparing it to future scenarios.

I don't own a mobile phone. I've long tended to believe that that might have something to do with my being more stable. I've heard that mobiles can do all sorts of negative things to people.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section69

I don't own a mobile phone. I've long tended to believe that that might have something to do with my being more stable. I've heard that mobiles can do all sorts of negative things to people.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I've found myself wandering over to the 9/11 forum lately. Not a good thing for me to do, but with the whole 10th anniversary coming up, it's tough to not look in.

That one gets me a bit irrational. The whole layered nature of it all - media, corporate/government, and *ssholes on the Internet defending ludicrous assertions - finds its way into my psyche and I end up damaged as a result. I used to be in the thick of the fight, but I had to walk off on it when it finally became clear why the case will never be reopened.

Still, those cheap little termites that run free all over boards like this one, and tease folks who actually give a sh*t about the impact of those attacks can be some irritating sh*t. I'll be glad when the celebration are in the rear view mirror.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think what I am really angry about is the daily assault by our federal government on innocent people.
The sheer evil that has become so pervasive and widespread, the killing and imprisoning of people just trying to live their lives.
It weighs heavily.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
I think what I am really angry about is the daily assault by our federal government on innocent people.
The sheer evil that has become so pervasive and widespread, the killing and imprisoning of people just trying to live their lives.
It weighs heavily.

So, where is this happening in the US? I must be living under a rock or something. I haven't heard about wide spread killings and stuff. Not by the feds, anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Yes, and remember the Government is supposed to work for us! They are Trustees for the people. They have convoluted and swirled it all around until we are so dizzy that we actually think the government is in charge and we have no say!

I don't feel we can go on in this way. Something has got to give!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I believe it is happening. I don't think there is any commercial purpose in bringing that news to us.
Our personal interpretation of what is real is so narrow, and most of that is controlled by commercial interests.
The federal government seems to be only an enforcement arm of huge corporations. Doesn't anybody else see this?
They kill people in so many different ways it is just mind boggling to me. If they aren't killing you outright, they are preventing you from healing yourself, and that is the same thing as killing you.
If we are part of an international organization, like NATO, and NATO is killing innocent people, they are killing us. You simply cannot kill innocent people. If you are party to that, you are party to your own destruction. You are committing suicide in the worst possible way. A slow but sure poisoning of the soul.
It is SO clear to me, but so many people are trying to "debate"...
At some point we, collectively, are going to have to take to the streets. I fear we will be in rags at that time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join