It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negative View of Federal Government Hits New High in Gallup Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
www.gallup.com...

Image of federal government is at an all-time low

PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans view the computer industry the most positively and the federal government the least positively when asked to rate 25 business and industry sectors. All five of the top-rated sectors this year are related to either computers or food.

There was a gallup poll (linked above) that came out earlier today that shows an all time low view of the federal government. The poll asked people to rate 25 different industries, computers, restaurant, movie, ect....

Only 17% reported a positive view of the federal government, while 20% neutral, and 63% negative.

Gallup has asked Americans each August since 2001 to indicate whether they have positive or negative views of a list of business and industry sectors. The 2011 update is from Gallup's Aug. 11-14 survey

The results range from a +62 net positive rating for the computer industry to a -46 net positive rating for the federal government.

The sectors Americans view most negatively have all had well-publicized problems in recent years. The federal government has been near the bottom of the list in previous years, but is at the absolute bottom this year for the first time, displacing the oil and gas industry. Seventeen percent of Americans have a positive view of the federal government -- the lowest of any sector tested this year -- while 63% have a negative image. Only one sector, oil and gas, has a higher negative percentage, 64%.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e52d26f5322.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1af03fdf506e.jpg[/atsimg]

If I was in an industry with low ratings such as these, I would be pretty scared. (Thinking I would go out of business).

ETA - Here's another related thread about congress approval ratings (8/17/2011)

87% of Americans don't approve of congress

edit on 29-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Absolutely not suprised. thanks for bringing it with a pretty graph.

When the government does not listen to the people it is no longer a republic or democracy. We are on the verge of totalitarisnism. They are even trying to delete the constitution, considering they dont even abide by it any longer.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So 37% of Americans are idiots.

Let's get to lowering that number ASAP!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The federal government's popularity is lower than the gas and oil industries and the banking industry...wow. I've never seen it laid out exactly like that before, but that's amazing.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
The federal government's popularity is lower than the gas and oil industries and the banking industry...wow. I've never seen it laid out exactly like that before, but that's amazing.

Haha, yes! When the bankers, oil men and Big Pharma are considered in a better lighy than the FED, you know you are in trouble!

I'm glad to see a number, so high. Truthfully, I hope it was even higher. But, I think time will change that too.

Times they are a changing, I would say.. or hope.
edit on 29/8/11 by TeroK because: typo

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I do believe there is a direct correlation with people's negative view of its government, and the government's negative view of its people. See something say something? We see them screwing us over, we are screaming it at the top of our lungs, they aren't listening.

Yea, I posses a negative view.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Now there is change I can believe in.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
17% are either sycophants, psychopaths, or have serious intellectual deficiencies.

That much is obvious.

new topics

top topics

join