It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Niribu is A CROCK!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527

Originally posted by 12voltz
Care to elaborate on the rain of fire thats coming our way?
sounds painful or is it metaphorically speaking?

ok in the bible after the great flood the lord spoke to Noah and made a covenant with him by the sign of the rainbow that he would not destroy the earth by water ever agian. later in the book of revelations God discloses to john the revalator that the next time the earth is destroyed which is after the dead in christ (those that belived in him and lived for him etc) and after the believers are called away in the rapture the method of distruction will be fire raining down from heaven and this he showed to John in his visions.

Thanks, but I'm still wondering how will the fire rain down from heaven, what (act of God) will cause that? E.g. Meteors, collision with another planet, or what ?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to believe, as of yet, in regards to this rouge planet/brown dwarf sytem/nibiru that mey possibly be on it's way here.
Lets just say, I'm closely watching in the direction of leo. (last report I read gave that location).

Now if we ARE to believe in Nibiru, sorces say it will pass the Earth at a closer proximity than Mars.
So, millions of miles away, right?

Now, if you think that a planet coming that close to Earth is not going to cause trouble for our civilisations, then you can think again.
The only reason you don't notice the effects of our neighbouring planets is that they are in sync with the solar system, like Earth. They were created together in this solar system and are locked in to a rythm to which we are well accustomed.
If a rouge planet, let alone a f**ken brown dwarf system, passed within one or two hundred million miles of Earth, it would have disasterous concequences for life here. Major earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis would be the least of your worries.
If this IS a repeating cycle, I can see where the idea of an 'apocolypse' comes from. 'Cos that's what it'll be like, apocolyptic.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
[quoteThanks, but I'm still wondering how will the fire rain down from heaven, what (act of God) will cause that? E.g. Meteors, collision with another planet, or what ?

How about a collapse, or a weakening, of Earth's magnetic field?
I'm sure that a sudden influx of gamma rays could imitate fire pretty well. Or how about a constant influx? You seen a microwave right? It'll be kinda like that, only with EVERY form of radiation jusr pouring in, from dawn till dusk, every single day.
I bet the tempurature would be much higher than today's average. Don't you?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by manontrial
[quoteThanks, but I'm still wondering how will the fire rain down from heaven, what (act of God) will cause that? E.g. Meteors, collision with another planet, or what ?

How about a collapse, or a weakening, of Earth's magnetic field?
I'm sure that a sudden influx of gamma rays could imitate fire pretty well. Or how about a constant influx? You seen a microwave right? It'll be kinda like that, only with EVERY form of radiation jusr pouring in, from dawn till dusk, every single day.
I bet the tempurature would be much higher than today's average. Don't you?

No I don't. If God was going to switch off gravity then it seems logical that would be what he said as the cause of destruction, not fire.
The question is, where is the prophesised Fire going to come from?

edit on 29/8/2011 by Flyinghaggis because: Added mis

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

my reasons for believing this are biblical mostly as well as from a little research that I have done. my biblical belief comes from Gods stating that the earth would not be destroyed the second time from flood but fire would rain down from heaven. so in my oponion "doomsday" will not come from a colision but from fire raining down on the earth. my second reason is from what i read on wikipedia

Uhmm..... You know a collision or impact is like a giant explosion shooting thousands if not millions of red glowing rocks and debris into the air with then 'rains' down back on earth right?
Not here to agree or disagree or state that nibiru is real and will crash onto us.

Just saying......

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

my reasons for believing this are biblical mostly as well as from a little research that I have done. my biblical belief comes from Gods stating that the earth would not be destroyed the second time from flood but fire would rain down from heaven. so in my oponion "doomsday" will not come from a colision but from fire raining down on the earth. my second reason is from what i read on wikipedia

Uhmm..... You know a collision or impact is like a giant explosion shooting thousands if not millions of red glowing rocks and debris into the air with then 'rains' down back on earth right?
Not here to agree or disagree or state that nibiru is real and will crash onto us.

Just saying......

Something like this maybe?

I'm not a great believer, but if I believed this I'd right now be under a rising mountain of spent beer cans.
Let's hope this is not what the Good Lord had planned for us, but he must get mighty tempted some days.

edit on 29/8/2011 by Flyinghaggis because: Fixed you tube link

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

edit on 29/8/2011 by Flyinghaggis because: Deleted, surplus to requirements

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

edit on 29/8/2011 by Flyinghaggis because: Deleted surplus to requirements

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

edit on 29/8/2011 by Flyinghaggis because: Deleted surplus to requirements

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

edit on 29/8/2011 by Flyinghaggis because: Deleted surplus to rquirements

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

go to the source ....

Because of this, Sitchin claimed, the planet Nibiru is sometimes also referred to as Marduk.
Sitchin hypothesized it as a planet in a highly elliptic orbit around the Sun ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_(hypothetical_planet)

en.wikipedia.org...(hypothetical_planet)#Planets_proposed_by_Zecharia_Sitchin

Snip from above link:

Planets proposed by Zecharia SitchinMain article: Zecharia Sitchin
"Nibiru (hypothetical planet)" redirects here. For the "Nibiru" of the 2012 Doomsday prediction, see Nibiru collision.
The work of Zecharia Sitchin has garnered much attention among ufologists, ancient astronaut theorists and conspiracy theorists. He claimed to have uncovered, through his retranslations of Sumerian texts, evidence that the human race was visited by a group of extraterrestrials from a distant planet in our own Solar System. Part of his theory lay in an astronomical interpretation of the Babylonian creation myth, the Enuma Elish, in which he replaced the names of gods with hypothetical planets. However, since the principal evidence for Sitchin's claims lay in his own personally derived etymologies and not on any scholarly agreed interpretations, his theories remain at most pseudoscience to the majority of academics.[1][2][3]

Sitchin's theory proposes the planets Tiamat and Nibiru. Tiamat supposedly existed between Mars and Jupiter. He postulated that it was a thriving world in a very different solar system, with jungles and oceans, whose orbit was disrupted by the arrival of a large planet or very small star (less than twenty times the size of Jupiter) which passed through the solar system between 65 million and four billion years ago. The new orbits caused Tiamat to collide with one of the moons of this object, which is known as Nibiru. The debris from this collision are thought by the theory's proponents to have variously formed the asteroid belt, the Moon, and the current inclination of the planet Earth.

To the Babylonians, according to Sitchin, Nibiru was the celestial body or region sometimes associated with the god Marduk. The word is Akkadian and the meaning is uncertain. Because of this, Sitchin claimed, the planet Nibiru is sometimes also referred to as Marduk. Sitchin hypothesized it as a planet in a highly elliptic orbit around the Sun, with a perihelion passage some 3,600 years ago and assumed orbital period of about 3,750 years; he also claimed it was the home of a technologically advanced human-like alien race, the Anunnaki, who apparently visited Earth in search of gold. These beings eventually created humanity by genetically crossing themselves with extant primates, and thus became the first gods.

Beginning in 1995, websites such as ZetaTalk have claimed that Nibiru or "Planet X" is a brown dwarf currently within our planetary system, soon to pass relatively close to Earth. Sitchin disagreed with the timing of passage.[4]

Sitchin also postulated that Pluto began life as Gaga, a satellite of Saturn which, due to gravitational disruption caused by Nibiru's passing, was flung into orbit beyond Neptune.

the same author used his unique interpetation abilities to both translate the ancient Sumerian & Babylonian texts... and decoded a stone relief that showed what is interpeted as a model of the Solar System which included another distant moving planet that was not a regular part of the Solar System..

and that stone carving is the foundation for the Nibiru story...

(the image has been posted in many related threads here on ATS... also found in the wiki....)
edit on 29-8-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Yeah, Wikipedia is a great source for truth, and you are real good company with your biblical beliefs there. No Christian worth his salt believes anything from the Sumerian Tablets, that was fiction and myth, right? Only the bible has the whole, unadulterated truth, correct? Ever heard of spellcheck?
about:config
layout.spellcheckDefault = 2
Change Value from 1 to 2
Unless you are still using IE, then this is moot.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

nothing negative here op lets actually talk about this ill share my thoughts
first off we have heard about NIRIBU and an ELENIN. saying only one exists how do we know NASA didnt really just change the name. ancient stories of a niribu. modern of elenin. nasa has confirmed a comet called elenin right? and they even call niribu a hoax, themselves! more they actually blame ATS, this site as continuing said hoax.
ok but maybe they are seperate. niribu actually is supposed to be a planet. elenin a comet.
Nasa also released something about ELE projection course and it came close to earth. something like .2 au away from earth.. thats scary.
have you read the ancient stories of niribu???
also a comet like elenin would bring lots of rock in its tail
so it doesnt hit itself on earth but the smaller things entering earth would be fire rain right??

edit on 29-8-2011 by P-M-H because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am so confused...

You think Nibiru is a crock, but yet you believe what is written in the bible?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Some say a comet will fall from the sky, followed by meteor showers and tidal waves, followed by fault lines that cannot sit still, followed by millions of dumbfounded dip sh*ts.

Sorry, had to do that

I love that tune!

Anyway... I believe anything is possible and my personal thought is if you can believe what you read in the bible when there's no proof of it, why is it hard for you to not believe something like Nibiru? Not saying that I do. Just curious.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
You are not alone.

Nibiru is a fantasy developed through an Economics Majors, poor translation of a dead language.

It is only further pushed in to the forefront of modern times through arm chair youtube astronomers.

It is my sole belief that Nibiru is only believed by 13 year olds and younger.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

It is my sole belief that Nibiru is only believed by 13 year olds and younger.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't trust Sitchin or the Bible when it comes to this...

But I do believe in Thundarr!

The year: 1994. From out of space comes a runaway planet, hurtling between the Earth and the Moon, unleashing cosmic destruction! Man's civilization is cast in ruin! Two thousand years later, Earth is reborn... A strange new world rises from the old: a world of savagery, super science, and sorcery. But one man bursts his bonds to fight for justice! With his companions Ookla the Mok and Princess Ariel, he pits his strength, his courage, and his fabulous Sunsword against the forces of evil. He is Thundarr, the Barbarian!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Interesting cause this video was just posted yesterday,
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Ookla is just awsome.

Takes me back to my childhood.

-saige-

new topics