It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient volcanos waking up in CA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

It really is possible to walk one's fingers away from a knee-jerk, chronic, naysaying addiction kind of response.

Some of us even appear more intelligent and informed, when we can manage that.

Some even appear less clueless.

Shoot--enough such wisdom and folks may even begin to think we have useful things to say.

In this case . . . as many have pointed out . . . quakes and awakening volcanoes are kind of like salt and pepper. They usually go together.

Perhaps you've heard of Mt St Helens. Then again, maybe you haven't.

I lived through it. Made the day in Spokane--clear across the State--dark as night. Folks were alerted to such an eruption

FIRST

by a tell-tale nature of the building quakes.

We had to stay indoors for a while. Wear masks outside. Cover our car air-intakes with added filtering . . . etc. And, Mother-in-law couldn't go home for a few extra days.

It may well be that warnings from carefully analyzing quakes and the nature of the quakes around volcanic cones etc. could save many lives. Lives were lost in Mt St Helens because folks paid no attention.

The dead found out too late that there was a

MOST DEFINITE CONNECTION between the nature of some quakes and a very soon impending erruption.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Oh really?

You seem convinced that we know greatly more about geology, life, reality etc. than I think we do.

Personally, I'm going to go with other sources . . . including Biblical prophecies . . . which indicate that volcanoes will be going off in a wide variety of places . . . some of them quite unlikely from the natural perspective.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

No ancient volcanos are re-activating.

Rather emphatic sounding.

Stay tuned.

It appears to me that there's a heavy preference in your perspective for avoiding a TYPE I ERROR.

Perhaps you are unaware . . . that WHEN

one leans soooooo far backwards avoiding a TYPE I ERROR,

ONE AUTOMATICALLY SETS ONE'S SELF UP FOR A VIRTUALLY CERTAIN TYPE II ERROR.

And, Type II errors are every bit as hazardous/deadly as Type I Errors.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I guess you've never been in an institution of higher education...

Whilst it's not impossible for extinct volcanoes to awaken, it's highly improbable

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

When magma goes on the move it can cause uplift or it can cause the ground to fall in areas where it evacuates. This can definately be the cause of earthquakes.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here is what might be considered magma movement and earthquakes in relation to each other.

Recent information about earthquakes in West Bohemia Earthquake swarm 2011 Last update: 27.8.2011, 12:15 CEST The activity started in the evening of 23 August and is almost continuous till now (27 August morning). Almost 10 000 events were recorded in total up to now. Already eight M>3.0 events and hundreds of M>2.0 events occurred. The location of hypocenters directly below the NKC station, so it appears a new patch of the fault plane is being activated - see the joint plot of all activity in NK area - the recent events are indicated in dark red. Time course of event magnitudes

The Geophysical Institute, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic says it has recorded almost 10,000 earthquakes during the last three days in West Bohemia, a region located close to the Czech Republic’s western border with Germany.
The earthquake swarm started late on Tuesday and continued through Friday. While many have gone unnoticed by the local population some of the larger tremors, including eight quakes exceeding 3 magnitude have been felt in the towns of Chemnitz, Karlovy Vary, Birch, and Luby.
The most recent earthquake measured 3.6 magnitude on the Richter Scale and hit at 0645hrs GMT on Friday at a shallow depth of three miles. The quake epicentre was located 81 miles (129 km) NE of Nürnberg 82 miles (131 km) SW of Dresden, 90 miles (144 km) W of Praha, 128 miles (204 km) NW of Budejovice, 131 miles (210 km) NNW of Schärding, and 227 miles (364 km) NW of Wien.
Commenting on the latest earthquake swarm, the Geophysical Institute, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic stated: “The activity started in the evening of 23 August and is almost continuous till now (26 August morning). Almost 10 000 events were recorded in total up to now. Already eight events M>3.0 and 200 M>2.0 occurred. The location of hypocenters directly below the NKC station, so it appears a new patch of the fault plane is being activated”.
In recent years, scientists have noted an increase in the movement of magma towards the earth’s surface in the Cheb Basin, western Czech Republic. They say rising magma could be one of the causes of the earthquake swarms, which regularly occur in the Vogtland, North-West Bohemia, the Fichtelgebirge and the Upper Palatinate. The last earthquake swarm to occur before this week’s activity was in 2008.
Seismic Data From The Geophysical Institute, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic

www.irishweatheronline.com...

As you have read it,rising magma could be the cause of the increase in earthquake activity.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
don't know much about dormant volcanoes, but I do know gillian anderson makes for a good av.
star to kro!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've been reading the Late Great Planet earth from hal lindsey a lot lately, the original from 1970, and something stuck today, the well known revelation verse, there will be "wars and rumors of wars...".
Lindsey thought that 52 isolated conflicts in the span of 25 years was a lot then.
You literally could not have more wars than there are now. Government wars, secret wars, civil wars, tribal wars, digital wars,etc, with the threat of many more. The most in thousands of years by far. Common knowledge right?

After identifying this period, it states ominously, "then a great tribulation will come"... one that has never been seen on earth before, I believe.
I remember hearing on the history channel about the Hopi tribes prediction this next cycles cataclysm will be with fire, sooooo.....

Getting to the point, I believe that there may be possibly multiple volcano clusters that go off simultaneously due to a massive earthquake/s. And thats when 2 billion people die, the rivers and oceans die, the moon turns red, etc.

It would be the most logical answer to natures behavior. The energy has obviously shifted, anyone willing to be tuned to the earths frequency knows that, and I'm sure you've told all your friends and they probably agreed, they "feel" something.

I think the volcanoes areas across the globe are the places to keep your eyes on the most

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Sorry if I'm a jerk for noticing, but what kind of university student and/or professor has time to average 22+ posts per day on ATS?

I respect your enormously time consuming dedication to this website, but it begs to question: are you for REAL?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It also says a burning mountain will be cast into the sea......literally a huge Volcano possibly like Krakatoa.
This is not all the prophecy by anymeans....the beginning of sorrows only.....
Old once active volcanos across the world are showing signs of activity.
The southern pacific has had many eruptions this year, along with many old volcanos reawakening somewhat...
I think i read of several here just lately matter of fact.....
Mt St helens has a dome that is pregnant as well as the old Krakatoa, and many others we could mention.
There is great concern over the N Korean caldera which sits on the northern border.
The two ROKs even though technically at war, just had a conference about it.......
Volcanos from Alaska to south america seem to be on the move( whats happening i dont know, but it may relate to gravitic disturbances in the solar system as easily as anything else.)
I have no access to any measuring devices, but there is so much activity going on under the ground i suspect that the nibiru guys may be right..........
What else is there....expanding earth theory would account for it.....
A change in the gravitics of the solar system maybe......or could the sun be pumping excess amounts of protons or whatever at earth and causeing this uptick in geologic action.......
The solar max maybe.......bombarding the planets with huge amounts of rays and particles........
perhaps this energy is somehow absorbed by them and it causes the planets to have earth tremblors and volcanos.
Like too much sugar gives us the nervous energy......and pimples......
Maybe Gai is experiencing acne from it.......
Kro32, id rather spend my time trying to see how everything is connected to everything rather than isolating one from another in my head.
There is far more in heaven and earth.........yadda yadda.......

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Could dutchsense have been on to something? I know these are different areas however it is volcanic activty none the less. I wonder if yellowstone is very active right now of course we would never be told about that one. Anyhow this may be something to watch at least imo
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

There is something else that happens all the time with any kind of a mountain. As the mountain erodes away it loses weight. At a certain point it gets pushed up a bit from underneath because the force of the mantle now overcomes the lesser weight of the mountain. This is not a frequent occurrence but maybe that is all it is in this case.

edit on 29-8-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Isn't this the plot to the movie "Volcano" ?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Extinct volcanoes do not become active. Doesn't matter how many earthquakes there are. Extinct means no magma pool under it.

But yea okay, had earthquake near a dead volcano so that means it's suddenly going to drill itself a huge hole through bedrock to find magma. Likely.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by AllUrChips

What do earthquakes have to do with dormant volcanos waking up?

That makes as much sense as saying "there were earthquakes so Disney is raising their prices at theme parks."

Totally not related.

?what?
second line

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Kro32,isn't your avatar Scully from the xfiles??

Yes it is...my favorite show of all time actually.

People got tired of my Sarah Palin one.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
reply to post by SunnyDee

I guess you've never been in an institution of higher education...

Whilst it's not impossible for extinct volcanoes to awaken, it's highly improbable

Disco, you really just don't like me, do you? Did you read my last few posts in this thread? I concur, it is highly unlikely. I posted a link to all the earthquakes that occur at Pinnacles(it's common) and I posted the detailed info on the Neenach Volcano, that proved well enough for me that no volcano is waking here.

And what's with the higher education jab?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Lots of action around Long Valley caldera lately.

Forty-seven earthquakes occurred in the Mammoth Lakes-Long Valley caldera region in the past week. The most notable, a magnitude 4.2, occurred on August 24 at 4:59 AM. The quake, which produced weak-to-light shaking in Yosemite Village, Mammoth Lakes, Bishop, and Big Pine, was located in the Sierra Nevada about 9 miles SE of of the town of Mammoth Lakes. The event was followed by many aftershocks, but only one of these was above 2.0. Earthquakes were also detected elsewhere in the Sierra south of the caldera (all below magnitude 2.0) and at Mammoth Mountain (3 events all less than magnitude 1.0), in the caldera (a single magnitude 1.0 earthquake ), and in the Volcanic Tableland E-SE of Toms Place (a magnitude 2.5 earthquake).

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
No Link News has a video up of oil and gas wells and fracking and injections wells going on in Ca.
Might be worth a look.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logman
Extinct volcanoes do not become active. Doesn't matter how many earthquakes there are. Extinct means no magma pool under it.

But yea okay, had earthquake near a dead volcano so that means it's suddenly going to drill itself a huge hole through bedrock to find magma. Likely.

First off, a Volcano doesn't drill anything. Secondly, the area in question is near the Cascadia Subduction Zone, and in light of your glaringly obvious expertise I'm sure you are aware that subduction zones don't go 'extinct'. If you're going to debunk something, try to understand what you're talking about first, it really helps.
edit on 29-8-2011 by twitchy because: My Hat Had a Bill

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
Earthquakes will happen prior to volcanic activity due to magma shifts and gases being released however extinct volcanos have no impact on earthquakes. To determine if the earthquakes are related to volcanic activity there will be many other signs such as temp change, gas mixture fluctuating, rise in land things of that nature. Yellowstones earthquakes are related to the volcano but this isn't.

"Extinct" is Our estimation. I do believe that there have been cases of "extinct" volcanoes returning to life - if You need, I'll research that - so what We label a volcano bears little resemblance necessarily to its behavior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join