It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most take my name seriously. I would if I were you. But I'm not. Obviously.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hello fellow members

Well, I've been stalking these corridors for a while now and finally grew some balls of courage and joined. I'm really chuffed. Anyway, I'm really not so strange once you get to know me and I hope you all don't judge me too harshly.

I live right down in the land of Aus, as I see a couple of other members are also. Well I'm not so sure what to write but... I mainly come down here to check out the Aliens and UFO forum, the Evolution vs Creationism forum and other random ones. I think everyone should have the right to free speech but sometimes... people should just shut up.

Rightio, I hope to get stuck in soon. Thanks for reading and I hope to catch some of you soon
edit on 28-8-2011 by TheFruitLoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFruitLoop

What is chuffed, I am not familiar with that word. It sounds like something fun though.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS, brother. Look forward to seeing you around. Just ignore the ignorant and continue denying ignorance.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
HAHA
1. chuffed. To be very pleased, proud or happy with yourself.

I know, it sounds like someone who's on drugs.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I just gave you your first flag, yay!
Never mind the fact that they mean absolutely nothing, and you can't exchange them for prizes or anything...
By the way, what *does* chuffed mean?! In the context I've heard it before, I assumed it meant something negative, but now I don't know.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
welcometo ats the place the world ends once a week....

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

G'day mate
Good to see there are few of us
Brisbane

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Love your avatar!!!
Hello and welcome!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

glad you joined. the more, the merrier.

please, what does "chuffed" mean?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm shocked that the yanks don't know what''chuffed'' means!We use that word in Scotland all the time.Then again it doesn't shock me as they have butchered the English language for years.One of my pet hates is websites not offering English but US English & spell checkers telling me my spelling is wrong when it isn't if you actually spell in English not US English.Welcome to the site & I'm sure you'll get plenty of laughs at the yanks not knowing anything other than the US(too much singing & dancing in the classroom like Glee!)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
I'm shocked that the yanks don't know what''chuffed'' means!We use that word in Scotland all the time.Then again it doesn't shock me as they have butchered the English language for years.One of my pet hates is websites not offering English but US English & spell checkers telling me my spelling is wrong when it isn't if you actually spell in English not US English.Welcome to the site & I'm sure you'll get plenty of laughs at the yanks not knowing anything other than the US(too much singing & dancing in the classroom like Glee!)

HAHAHA yeah I was a tad surprised that people didn't know what 'chuffed' meant but to any who don't:

Chuffed basically means proud or happy with oneself.

Thanks for the flags, whatever they mean

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Hi TheFruitLoop, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Anyone with the name FruitLoop is ok in my book
Looking forward to your posts!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Interesting introduction! Welcome to ATS, from a West Islander.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Love that avatar.

I think I should warn you that continuous exposure to the stuff you read on ATS can make your face stick in that position.

BTW, welcome to ATS and have a flag on me.

If you collect enough of them for posting awesome content, you won't have to look at all those annoying ads anymore.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS. Like you, I also enjoy the alien/ufo stuff. I used to be into the creation vs. evolution debate (not on ATS though), but now I don't debate, I just read about it. Hope you have fun here.

By the way, your avatar is freakin awesome!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! I too am a long time reader first time poster (as of today), I look forward to your posts.

new topics

top topics

join