It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Confiscate Cameras at Ohio Congressman's Town Hall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Source With Video

This is absolutely infuriating. This isn't even a Democrat trying to hide from those evil Tea Party people. It is a mainline Republican!

The videos are in the link. The cop at one point, when told its not illegal, says "I've been told it is." and confiscates two cameras while the television crew FILMS him doing it?!?!

This was supposedly to protect the identities of the constituents. Give me a break. This is hard core police state type of actions. You brain dead police officers that "do what your told" piss me off. Will you please stop protecting your job and start protecting us from these tyrants for once?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
First Video

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Second video

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
America..

Yup, we're all so jealous of your way of life.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Steve Chabot is a clown but was better than Driehaus who was really in over his head. Cincinnati is a GOP stronghold and the dems usually just throw a token candidate up to fill the ballot. Only in 2008 Driehaus won after all the Bush bashing and Obama hype.

Still doesn't excuse what is going on, but Cincinnati almost always backs its officers. Which brings up another point. People always look at the cesspool of DC but often ignore the dynastic corruption at home with their own local politicians. Usually it takes something dire to hit the national news on a slow news day to oust a local. But it should be pointed out that most Federal level career politicians get their start in local offices and learn to play the game well while there.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I just wanted ONE person to stand up and scream out - "Why is it illegal to film a public event?" just to force this guy to go on record. The excuse is SO freaking lame that he should be voted out simply because of it. If I wanted to record who attended the event I could stand OUTSIDE the room and film the people going in and out or wear a camera that wasn't so obvious. This is just stupid, stupid, stupid. I feel ashamed for the officer that enforced this.
edit on 8/24/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

My families BLOOD was spilled and members were buried fighting for our rights, freedom and republic..

the cop were took the cameras deserves DEATH..that is what TRAITORS of our Republic deserve!!

I swore, as a US Marine, to uphold the constitution!! this PIG is NO WORSE than the NAZI's my Great Uncle died at Normandy fighting!!!!

I wish all the stepped on, exploited, and dying Vietnam Vets would at least take out Tyranny before they die from Agent Orange...Vietnam Vets are dying of CanceR at ALARMING rates!!! COME ON!!! Vietnam Vets!!! us younger vets got your BACKS

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Would they prefer people openly record them or covertly record them?

Pick one.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

There you are again. Why are you jealous of Americans? OFFER SOMETHING.

CJ

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

There you are again. Why are you jealous of Americans? OFFER SOMETHING.

CJ

I offered the choice of overtly recording them or covertly recording them.

They will be recorded, they have chocen to opt for the covert recording, which WILL catch them slipping up most likely, wheras openly recording them they know they are on record and can watch what they say.

I would choose option 1 anyday over being caught out without knowing before its too late, covertly.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Why do you care? If you care so much about what happens here, MOVE here - you may discover that there is more going on than what you see on the news. Here is you:

Oh yeah. NOTHING like this EVER happens where you live. Why not comment on your OWN CRAPPY govt?

CJ

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Which government would that be that is mine?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The one that is in fantasy land. I don't know - is it the fictional one your HS social studies teacher told you about?

CJ

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The one that is in fantasy land. I don't know - is it the fictional one your HS social studies teacher told you about?

CJ

Christmas Island? It actually exists

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Now you are on Christmas Island? Yes, they have a nice crab invasion every year. You were just in Germany. Where next? Are you on a quest for a country that has a GOOD political system? It is ironic you live on Christmas Island, if you do. A safe haven for those that believe in Santa Claus.

CJ

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Now you are on Christmas Island? Yes, they have a nice crab invasion every year. You were just in Germany. Where next? Are you on a quest for a country that has a GOOD political system? It is ironic you live on Christmas Island, if you do. A safe haven for those that believe in Santa Claus.

CJ

You don't beleive everything you read on the interenet do you?
lol

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Coming from you, no. Why would you be inclined to lie about where you live? Another notch of immaturity.
Thanks for acknowledging your theory. Simply lie all the time - what a waste of time.
Now you have shown yourself to be a liar, this is done. Thanks.

CJ

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Coming from you, no. Why would you be inclined to lie about where you live? Another notch of immaturity.
Thanks for acknowledging your theory. Simply lie all the time - what a waste of time.
Now you have shown yourself to be a liar, this is done. Thanks.

CJ

Actually the term is Troll.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It is well past time for We The People to drag our "elected" officials out of their homes and offices and carry them into the street and tar and feather them.

They do not represent us.

Instead they rule over us.

The politicians should live in fear of the people instead of the people living in fear of their politicians.

edit on 8-24-2011 by groingrinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Is it? Nothing that you post will ever hold any merit. Continue as you are, an acknowledged troll, liar, and dispenser of NOTHING important. There should be an age limit here...this teenager angst stuff is beyond silly. Now go on lying and trolling...you must have lots of close friends who TRUST you...or, not.

CJ

top topics

<<   2 >>

join