It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's shutting down the reactors.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Apologies if there's a relevant thread already (I looked) and feel free mods to shut this down.

I was reading this thread

ATS EQ Thread

And watching news of other powers stations reactors shutting down in what they classed as "unusual events" after the 5-9 - 6-2 EQ in the US West coats area yesterday. From reading and looking around I found these reactors that shut down were classed as low risk of anything happening from quakes yet there's reports of these "unusual events" from many over a big area.

Here's a report on this

Edit: Sorry about the advert link at the site, can't get rid of it...Just close it..The unusual events reference is three quarters of the way down.

This reminds me of the nuclear missile silo's that were shut down after UFO's were witnessed in the area.

I wonder if there will be any reports of ufo's near these places?

My view is there's some very weird events going on around the world, massive rumbles heard under ground, unusual symmetry of these noises, weird noises heard from the sky and other strange events, could our friends be about to do something?

edit on 24-8-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Apologies if there's a relevant thread already (I looked) and feel free mods to shut this down.

I was reading this thread

ATS EQ Thread

And watching news of other powers stations reactors shutting down in what they classed as "unusual events" after the 5-9 - 6-2 EQ in the US West coats area yesterday. From reading and looking around I found these reactors that shut down were classed as low risk of anything happening from quakes yet there's reports of these "unusual events" from many over a big area.

Here's a report on this

This reminds me of the nuclear missile silo's that were shut down after UFO's were witnessed in the area.

I wonder if there will be any reports of ufo's near these places?

My view is there's some very weird events going on around the world, massive rumbles heard under ground, unusual symmetry of these noises, weird noises heard from the sky and other strange events, could our friends be about to do something?

Well i do know there are measurments that reactors shut down after quakes. Very likely they either increased at what level of quakes they shut down after Japan. Or they know more then we do, and shutting them down for things to come?

Anyway don't know if aliens/ufo's are related here.

Just my input.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think attributing the safety precautions of a nuclear plant (especially after the Japan thingy) to some little green men even after a (for the area) serious earthquake represents leaping to the least likely conclusion because it is more exciting than reality. Ignorance to the extreme.

But then again, I do admit to getting a kick out of trying to predict how long it takes for someone to come creaming "aliens did it!!!!" for every single event that happens all over the world. Should make a drinking game out of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Here's another more credible link

NBC

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Please, I'm not saying aliens do everything, the point was to link it to a known UFO related series of events about nuclear power.

The fact they used the words "unusual events" intrigued me, why not say it was a standard safety feature.

Again, I'm not claiming it was an alien item but I do say it has a ring to it from a known UFO report.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Perhaps it is a false flag,

That is the buzzword in vogue in ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Yes, yes! That's it....the earthquake was a false flag attack orchestrated by a secret nwo/Illuminati group out to pave the way for project blue beam to stage a way for the false flag alien attack to come.....can't be anything else...like a natural event and the words "unusual event" being something that most facilities use to describe...ah....er...an unusual event, lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Please, I'm not saying aliens do everything, the point was to link it to a known UFO related series of events about nuclear power.

The fact they used the words "unusual events" intrigued me, why not say it was a standard safety feature.

Again, I'm not claiming it was an alien item but I do say it has a ring to it from a known UFO report.

Well, you posted it in the Alien/UFO catagory, so i automaticly assumed you thought it was aliens or UFo's who did it. My bad i guess

But the EQ in DC is a very unusual event, so maybe they referred to that.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
I think attributing the safety precautions of a nuclear plant (especially after the Japan thingy) to some little green men even after a (for the area) serious earthquake represents leaping to the least likely conclusion because it is more exciting than reality. Ignorance to the extreme.

But then again, I do admit to getting a kick out of trying to predict how long it takes for someone to come creaming "aliens did it!!!!" for every single event that happens all over the world. Should make a drinking game out of it.

Ignorance is also reading a post and not taking a note of what was posted.

As I've said without the real need to but sadly had to explain, this is just a point about the similarities to a know set of UFO events and the rather odd wording of the reports from the authorities.

As I also said, this is just another in a line of weird events happening and wondered if there are any links to it all.

Of course there will be those that just sit there and hear an agency describe mass reactor shut downs unlike any before with the words "unusual events" and just think its not odd.

You could say ignorance is bliss...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Required01

UFO doesn't mean alien. UFO is unidentified, UFO can mean ANYTHING.

Shame they can't shut fuku down aswell >.> or do something

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291

UFO doesn't mean alien. UFO is unidentified, UFO can mean ANYTHING.

Shame they can't shut fuku down aswell >.> or do something

You think i have no idea what UFO means? HOW is this CATAGORY called? Aliens & UFO's right? Am I connecting Aliens to UFO's here? Please show me i do.

I THOUGHT the OP was reffering to aliens/UFO's (as in aliens OR UFO's not both!) because it was posted in the Alien & UFO catagory.

P.S. They had a LOT of oppertunities in Japan, but they wanted to 'save' the reactor, only to find themselves unable to save it anyway and causing way more damage.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

Well, you posted it in the Alien/UFO catagory, so i automaticly assumed you thought it was aliens or UFo's who did it. My bad i guess

No, I'm not claiming little green men everywhere, I'm merely linking the similarities to what have been described as UFO related other events. The last time waves of nuclear items did something odd it was linked to 'possible' UFO activity.

I know it was a bit risky posting it in here but I have explained my reasons

If mods want to move this then please do but I feel I have supplied a good enough reason to talk about it in here.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Okok, my bad
do forgive me.

It's just a lot of people do misunderstand the concept of UFO

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Required01

No, I'm not claiming little green men everywhere, I'm merely linking the similarities to what have been described as UFO related other events. The last time waves of nuclear items did something odd it was linked to 'possible' UFO activity.

I know it was a bit risky posting it in here but I have explained my reasons

If mods want to move this then please do but I feel I have supplied a good enough reason to talk about it in here.

LOL OK np hehe

And I just explained why i thought you where connecting it to Aliens OR UFO's.

Interesting thread tho!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Can we keep the Japan event out of this, its totally unrelated and was the cause of a natural disaster, the fact it remains a deadly event is very worrying but unrelated.

Can people PLEASE focus on the explanation of my post, its about a number of reactors all suddenly shutting down, most not even close to the EQ, all with very low risk of any damage from an EQ, I seem to remember the figures of a 1 in 27,000 chance being mentioned in one report. So as we have had UFO related nuclear shutdowns in the past I wondered if there might be a link to this rather ODD sudden happening.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291

Okok, my bad
do forgive me.

It's just a lot of people do misunderstand the concept of UFO

LOL, Ofcourse i forgive you, not that i blaimed you for anything in the first place
I find myself in the same situation often that people do actually connect aliens to UFO's automaticly.

I just elaborated that i wasn't

P.S. the CAPS probably made it seem i was irritated somewhat but it's not, it's just the annoying bold function here
To much hassle to 'bold' the parts i want people to notice hehe, so using CAPS instead.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Ignorance is also reading a post and not taking a note of what was posted.

um, no....I read and fully understood your post. Your linking to other "ufo" related nuclear events is hogwash, and demonstrate the very ignorance you claim I demonstrated for not "reading" your post......shall I point it out for you or give you a chance to see where you went wrong.......

As I've said without the real need to but sadly had to explain, this is just a point about the similarities to a know set of UFO events and the rather odd wording of the reports from the authorities.

O.K. I will spell it out for you I guess. Your linking this event to other ufo related nuclear shutdowns involve how many earthquakes? I would assume that all of them do, right? Because, like man, I mean....that's a huge thing to just throw in the mix when trying to link this event to other nuclear "ufo" related things, right? I mean, that's a HUGE variable, right? No....yeah.....what was I thinking? This event is so much like what you are linking to...shame on me for using logic, reason and common sense.

As I also said, this is just another in a line of weird events happening and wondered if there are any links to it all.

How is this "weird"???? I mean, I can understand someone ignorant of grade school geology, and unable to use the internet to look up the definition of "plate tectonics" might think that a COMPLETELY NORMAL earthquake is "weird" but around here I thought we were all smarter than that. And yes, it was completely normal, just because it doesn't happen on the time scale of your meaningless lifetime doesn't mean it is weird or little green men were involved.

Of course there will be those that just sit there and hear an agency describe mass reactor shut downs unlike any before with the words "unusual events" and just think its not odd.

Well, I can see how your average Joe, that doesn't know anything about major facilities management or safety precautions, can think those words add up to something they are not. But, I think you are not the average Joe, right? I expect more form someone like you.

You could say ignorance is bliss...

You telling me, pal. If it weren't for ignorance this forum would be dead and I would loose my source of online entertainment.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Ha, too funny. The one event that you could tie this into (japan) you took off the table. Your logic and ability to "connect" the dots is obviously far and above mine guess.

Maybe you could list the similarities a little better so I can understand how you linked all these events?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Humorously enough I talked with someone who works for the local power company, and he was telling me about what a crazy day they had. When I asked him why, he mentioned about them having to supply power out of state due to the reactors that were shut down. At first I thought he meant because of the approaching hurricane, but he went on to explain that they automatically trip offline due to seismic activity.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I'm not going to re-hash the whole of your post and the rather petty name calling.

When was the last time a series of reactors all shut down due to an earthquake?

So that's what I define as odd.

Yes I'm fully aware of the tectonic plate activity in that area of most of the West coast, I'd be rather out of touch If I didn't, but these are by the same reasoning built to handle a bigger quake than that and were quite far from the epicentre, look at the list from the NBC link I added.

And as I keep on saying this ODD event has similarities to a past UFO event as in, nuclear items were seemingly shutdown.

And that M'lud is the defences final word on this...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join