It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Creepy 10/28/11 Website Mystery

page: 840
<< 837  838  839    841  842  843 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My analysis so far:

Open is a person that had an "experience" over 2 years ago, which compelled him to create a website. The whole Oct. 28th, 2011 correlation is directly linked to Open's infatuation with Dr. Calleman's research into the Mayan Calendar.

There is a pitfall with picking a date for any event. People have expectations. 839 pages later, expectations are still not met, and therefore the normal recourse is what you are experiencing now.

What does Open do now? He fades into obscurity, his once "enlightened" pupils return to normal, and life goes on as before.

The answers we have not gotten isn't because they aren't there, it's just that this puzzle was a little too far advanced for us to understand. Like many others have suggested, the delivery mechanism for Open's message was poorly conceived. I felt many times during the last 839 pages that Open was as busy updating and changing the puzzle as quickly as we were figuring things out. For a while, it was very interactive, and that was a nice, even if unplanned, aspect.

Was it a fun ride? Sure. I've met several new friends, had plenty of good conversations, learned in the process, and got to watch a lot of excellent videos from everyone who was contributing. I think overall I can rate this as a positive experience, a bit disappointed in the lack of disclosure, but life is a learning experience, both for Open and for us.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IQPREREQUISITE

I do not need to explain it...why would you think I would have to? And secondly why do you find it so hard to let people be who they are and think how they like...I'm certainly not going to want to see from your perspective! Your focus of annoyance at me will not bring about any result, only fuel your own fire of dissapointment. Taking it out on me is not going to give you any better results. And secondly, If your dissapointed with the website than focusing on everyone who has a positive story will not change your mood. It will only make you more frustrated. I'm merely describing how I see it, take it or leave it.

Can you not accept differences of opinion?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheba2011

Originally posted by TNTarheel

What explanations would you have me give, Sheba? I still don't know the reason behind the website...that reason is known only to Open...any other "reasons" are pure conjecture.

I didn't expect explanations from you, TNT; hence the preface of my post, saying that my questions were not directed at you. You have been the most steadfast and consistently ethical person on this thread, in words and in deeds.

EDIT: The info that was posted has to do with whom the 409 phone number is registered to...that doesn't mean that the same person runs the website.
edit on 10/30/2011 by TNTarheel because: added edit

edit on 10/30/2011 by TNTarheel because: corrected grammar

Right. That already occurred to me. Especially since the phone number isn't just any number.

I'm sorry, Sheba, I should have prefaced my own post. Only the first sentence was actually to you...and no offence was meant.

I think I'm trying to do too many things at once...and all are being done poorly.

Peace
edit on 10/30/2011 by TNTarheel because: typo

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Wow...was that sarcasm? lol. Still really entertaining! Thank you!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mmirror

Hey! I didn't start any argument...I am not annoyed at you or anyone...and judging from my posts from way way back up until now...I believe I have respected others opinions as they do mine. I post negative opinions on this thread...I know that...it seems that it's you who can't accept my opinions because it annoys you to think that there is still someone here willing to doubt despite all this brouhaha.

You told me I amused you? I answer in what I thought would be more amusing. That's it.

I am sorry...but I am that guy. And I'll keep being the 1% that doubts in a 99% that believes environment. Who knows...it might be of help to you guys someday.

Wanna shake hands?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

Was it a fun ride? Sure. I've met several new friends, had plenty of good conversations, learned in the process, and got to watch a lot of excellent videos from everyone who was contributing. I think overall I can rate this as a positive experience, a bit disappointed in the lack of disclosure, but life is a learning experience, both for Open and for us.

I agree!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmirror

Yes exactly...what you see is what you get...

The MIND dictates the outcome.

It seems Open does not share your point of view:

open
October 30, 2011 at 2:28 am

There is a complete end to this. I’m waiting for something as well.

Fraud

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I think that's just about right Druid...good summation. And no, im not being sarcastic.

So can you guys call this case closed?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IQPREREQUISITE

I think I can better call it a "cold case".

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You are the one who came at me for what I had said, saying that I was not accepting of the fact that Open had deceived everyone in some way...sorry but I have my own opinion on these things. I brought my own perspective to the table. Anyway I do not feel bad about the discussion, I like it, it is always good to discuss things and bring out feelings. I am prepared to give you my time and reasoning no matter how you feel. I do not expect you to like what I say.

However if you were not wanting an discussion than that is ok, for we can agree to disagree! Peace. We do not have to have the same mindset...we are individual! I do not expect anything of you, or force you to see my way.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by sheba2011

I do not even know how to respond to you posts...sorry! They just do not make sense...however I agree with the one thing I understood from your words that I also have experienced the website...I am however also not dissapointed or expecting Open to respond...for what he says does not dicate what I do in my life, or what you say for that matter. If you wish to feel annoyed and hard done by than that is your thing.

I'm not annoyed or hard done. I am pointing out the inconsistencies that I see. Not just with Open, but with ATS members too. Because I hold no biases -- that's what it means to have an open mind, no?

I came to ATS because of this thread and with zero knowledge or prior history of any of the people posting, and as such, I take what everyone says without any preconceived notions. That doesn't mean I don't form opinions of people as time moves on -- I do. And I am quite capable of changing that opinion if new information comes in.

I am merely sharing my opinion, in my own way...if you do not like it and come against me, then you are being the troll for not allowing anothers opinions.

I am not "coming against you" -- I am merely pointing out the hypocrisy in your own words. Either it is intentional hypocrisy, which makes you a troll, or it is unintentional and you simply do not see the log in your own eye. If unintentional self-delusion, it's forgivable in my book... none of us are perfect, and I've certainly been guilty myself, hence why I have said I'd be the first to eat the humble pi(e).

If you may permit me to add on here a bit, your post made me ask myself if I had any expectations about the site when I started following it. I was led to this thread by syncronistic events completely unrelated and "in real life" not virtual. So yes, there was expectation that I was "supposed to be here." Why, I did not really know for sure, but I trust the universe in these things, which is why I follow where I'm sent. I suspected that it may simply have been a matter of the universe wanting to distract me for awhile, and as the weeks have worn on, that suspicion has been strongly validated, as certain events have unfolded in my real life, while I have been conveniently distracted, which may not have happened had I not been distracted. LOL.

For that, I do thank Open ... and ATS....

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

Yes well Open is not likely to feel the same as I, for I am someone else...lol. I will be happy with whatever is shared, and also that others will finally get their ending as they so want it...if it comes to please them...maybe? Maybe Not? We shall see...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mmirror

i have only 10% battery life in my laptop...if i came out too strong...im sorry...

ill hug you and call it quits...

*hugs* lol

peace!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IQPREREQUISITE
reply to post by Druid42

I think that's just about right Druid...good summation. And no, im not being sarcastic.

Thanks, IQ.

But, shouldn't there be a waiting period for Open to make his final reveal? Maybe it's big, and he's trying to write it out as we are discussing this, eh?

link   

Hmm. The default page is now labeled "Symbol" and the main page is "Marker". Open talked about the date being a symbol, so that label makes sense. I think "Marker" might make sense if Open is still waiting for something, per the comment you quoted.

open October 30, 2011 at 2:28 am There is a complete end to this. I’m waiting for something as well.

So, what is the something? Is it an event? A different date? A particular person? Waiting for someone to describe a particular experience that nobody has described yet?

We are all [@ans].~$.[...]

We are all humans? Approximate value unknown?
edit on 30-10201110-1111 by gwynnhwyfar because: Added a guess

link   

Yes hugs back...it is all good!

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

and also that others will finally get their ending as they so want it...if it comes to please them...maybe? Maybe Not? We shall see...

Why would this thread not want an ending, mmirror? It was, after all, created to investigate/solve a website...not to provide an audience for Open.

If we have learned new things, that is to our benefit, yes? Avatar said it best:

Open came to town claiming to feed us all... but we were the ones who fed each other.

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheba2011

reply to post by sheba2011

I do not even know how to respond to you posts...sorry! They just do not make sense...however I agree with the one thing I understood from your words that I also have experienced the website...I am however also not dissapointed or expecting Open to respond...for what he says does not dicate what I do in my life, or what you say for that matter. If you wish to feel annoyed and hard done by than that is your thing.

If you may permit me to add on here a bit, your post made me ask myself if I had any expectations about the site when I started following it. I was led to this thread by syncronistic events completely unrelated and "in real life" not virtual. So yes, there was expectation that I was "supposed to be here." Why, I did not really know for sure, but I trust the universe in these things, which is why I follow where I'm sent. I suspected that it may simply have been a matter of the universe wanting to distract me for awhile, and as the weeks have worn on, that suspicion has been strongly validated, as certain events have unfolded in my real life, while I have been conveniently distracted, which may not have happened had I not been distracted. LOL.

For that, I do thank Open ... and ATS....

I like your words, trust in the universe. I follow that wholeheartedly! Thank you for your explanation.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

So, what is the something? Is it an event? A different date? A particular person? Waiting for someone to describe a particular experience that nobody has described yet?

Perhaps Open will deign to "enlighten" us...or not.

I have not a guess

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

People can want an ending if they like it...however it is never really an ending...just a moving on. Once people are all satisfied with the result, even if it is to be dissapointed in the outcome, then they will be prepared to move to the next thing. However the experience still remains in memory, even when life continues...so it never really ends.

new topics

top topics

<< 837  838  839    841  842  843 >>

join