It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Was A Woman: The Bible States It

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Your god in that online bible is really the devil...

The bible has been corrupted and the devil has had power over man for the past 2000 years.

See Source

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
In Jewish Cabalistic tradition, God has both a male and female aspects. Two of the Sephirot, or divine emanations of God, Binah and Malchut, are specifically identified as female. The line in Genesis the OP cites is specifically where the notion of the dual nature of God comes from, I believe.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
double post
edit on 8/23/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
reply to post by Tangled4u

God is a divine being, not a male nor female. Prove me wrong.

By your own circular logic, prove yourself right.
second line.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The bible also states that geological events (tornadoes, earthquakes, floods) are dictated at the will of a consciouss being with human emotions such as anger, rage etc.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I agree, Europe was once inhabited by a matriarchal, egalitarian society. Europeans, they claim, worshipped a matrifocal, sedentary, peaceful, art- loving Goddess 5,000 to 25,000 years before the rise of the first male-oriented religion. This egalitarian culture was overrun and destroyed by nomadic, horse-riding, Indo- European group of invaders who were patrifocal, mobile, warlike, and indifferent to art. Then the Holy Roman Church came and made the Goddess into a Male, destroying Her Temples and building churches on the sites of worship. The Church killed off thousands of Her followers in an attempt to stamp out goddess worship and belief forever. The blood of these many women will always be on the Church, and all of the Church's representatives and followers.

Using the link provided by the OP, I came up with this:
BIBLE SEARCH: Goddess

In the Bible she is called "Queen of Heaven." She does not rule the world, she IS the world.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

…And I can prove that not only is God male, but that there are no women in heaven:

And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

-Revelation 8:1

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled4u

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing." (Matthew 23:37)

And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. (Genesis 1:27)

www.allonlinebible.com...

That source is not the actual Bible because I couldn't find it online so sorry about that however you can type in the Bible verse in the link I provided. Thanks.

LOL? Where does it say God was a woman? Quote that one for me and i want to know what book and passage, chapter and verse.

God created man and woman in his image, not the way he looked but in the way that he gave man and woman, body,spirit and soul. If we looked like God we would die everytime we saw someone's face, because to look on God is to know death in our bodies. Why else do you think God refused to let Moses see more than just his back? No we look nothing like God.

Mathew 23:37 was an analogy that God was using to describe how he wishes to protect his children, you are applying a literal meaning to what is clearly nothing more than an analogy.

If God was a woman then why does it say in EVERY book in the bible as it refers to Him as a HE and not a SHE? Why does it say even in the gnostic books that God is a HE?

Sorry, i dont buy it, theres too much evidence that goes against your claim.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

…And I can prove that not only is God male, but that there are no women in heaven:

And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

-Revelation 8:1

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Lol, i get that joke. Star for your cleverness

edit on 24-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by relocator
Your god in that online bible is really the devil...

The bible has been corrupted and the devil has had power over man for the past 2000 years.

See Source

I saw the video and i'm a protestant. So am i correct in thinking that you catholics to this day still think that protestants are heretics and witches? How many protestants did catholics murder in the Spanish Inquisition? I seem to remember the figure in the tens of thousands. Clearly the commandment "thou shalt not murder" was lost on them.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Hey don't go blaming us chicks for all the religious mayhem n wars !!

It was a bloke...amen.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
God is a Spirit. However he seems to be Masculine.

Scripture contains almost 170 references to God as the “Father.” By necessity, one cannot be a father unless he is male. If what was meant to be communicated was that God chose to be revealed to man in a female form, then the word “mother” would have occurred in these places, not “father.” In the Old and New Testament both, masculine pronouns are used over and over again in reference to.

Deuteronomy 34:10 has this to say about Moses, who wrote the first five books of Scripture, the Pentateuch: “And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,” This verse describes how close Moses’ relationship with God was. Since Moses walked so closely with God, we can be assured that Moses has probably recorded the nature of God and the means by which He revealed Himself to Moses accurately. Moses referred to God with masculine pronouns and with masculine titles in all of his writings.

Jesus Christ referred to God as the Father several times, and in other cases used masculine pronouns in reference to God. In the Gospels alone, Christ uses the term “Father” in direct reference to God nearly 160 times. Of particular interest is Christ’s statement in John 10:30. He says here, “I and [my] Father are one.” Obviously Jesus Christ came in the form of a human man to die on the cross as payment for the sins of the world, and like God the Father, was revealed to mankind in a male form. Scripture records numerous other instances where Christ utilized masculine nouns and pronouns in reference to God.

It wouldnt bother me if God was a woman at all , however i do not believe He is.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Jesus was a man raised from the dead who used to be known according to the flesh but is now a Spirit whose words are as well and also is both Lord and Christ, the firstborn over all creation that came by a woman, the image of the invisible God

I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

[In Christ Jesus] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

edit on 24-8-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Jesus was a man

His existence still is debated, no evidence of it, but that doesn't mean he didn't exist as a man, like Ghandi, or Mother Teresa, or any other human that has ever lived.

raised from the dead

Again, doctors make mistakes all the time, even more likely with little medical infrastructure. If a man was pronounced today, and seen walking the streets tommorow, what's more likely? A mistake or a that the man is the son of the creator of the universe?

but is now a Spirit whose words are as well and also is both Lord and Christ, the firstborn over all creation that came by a woman, the image of the invisible God

Hmm....or perhaps another humanoid, but with a new way of thinking, there will be many that come after him, often improving his words and wisdom.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
ye olde double post, my apologies moderators.
edit on 24/8/2011 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yes it was...shame on them. Open your mind and try to come from a place that is not so defensive. Then go back if you so choose and read:

Here's a sample of what can be found...www.fatimamovement.com...

So how did the heretics destroy the Catholic Mass at Vatican II (1959-1969)? Why was destroying the Mass so important to the occult? Well, the truth of Catholicism is in the Mass. The Truth is not in a pamphlet that some Freemason Bishop printed up in bulk, it is not in some modernist theory of a heretical Cardinal on the shelf of your local "Christian" bookstore, it is definitely not in the Bible, on television, etc.; the Truth is in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. By cleverly switching the liturgy of the Mass by making God a son of the Devil, the heretical Vatican II Council has destroyed the very Truth of Catholicism, and that is why Rome will be destroyed on August 17, 2011 by the Mother of God. Simply put, Rome is no longer Catholic.

This was posted today on another Thread you may find interesting...I did anyways.

Originally posted by TheTrueTeaching
Here ye O inhabitants of the world, thou world is full of evil and ye are all guilty of being partakers of the cup of abomination. The inhabitants of earth have been greatly fooled and deceived, conditioned into a lifestyle of sin set on mammon. The cup of abomination is full and all have supported the devils kingdom of money that unfairly takes life intentionally making the poor suffer and starve to death. The world reaps the pale horse of death of war which torments the lives of the people of this world. The inhabitants of Babylon have sold themselves to the devil taking blessings from the Heavens for granted while thousands daily worldwide are murdered and starve to death. Selfishness and greed reigns while the millions of others struggle to live in tears without a roof over their head or food.

Woe Woe unto the inhabitants of the world while they stuff themselves with food in front of a TV entertaining themselves where a person gets paid millions to hit a golf ball or throw a ball through a hoop. Woe unto the heartless and careless, the system of the beast has set you up and conditioned you. Ye say unto yourselves ye are merely living your lives according to society and are not wronging anyone, but I say unto thee ye have robbed the poor and shown no mercy to the afflicted and neighbor in need. Ye have cast out of your mind the poor and set your hearts upon yourselves to entertain and satisfy your own desires and lusts without a thought for those crying out in the world for help.

Ye say but I have only enough to feed my own family and pay the bills, but I say unto thee who is your family and what have ye done for your brothers and sisters in the world crying out to you? If ye say ye have not to give then find it in your heart to pray out for those suffering. Do what ye can and contribute in heart and spirit accordingly. Be a light in sharing and spreading the word of awareness to others that they may do their part and avoid the Woes to come renouncing and supporting not the evils of this world.

Hearken ye O people of Earth, ye know not the cunning plan of the devil that has layed out the pits and traps all around you. Ye know not that ye are being puppeted on a daily basis and greatly influenced in body, mind and spirit. Pray always that Satan hath no power over thee, I say unto you Satan is a reality and has fooled the entire world with his fleet of negative multidimensional beings pretending and lying to be something they are not, that worketh in secret behind the scenes with agendas for your own destruction. Satan is the name of the ruler of the underworld even the same Draconian empire leader who has legions of fallen angels working in his behalf. Even the very reptilians and other gray aliens spoken of are part of the great deception. Figure it out, they are demonic and linked to the underworld doing the bidding of Satan who desireth to drag thy soul down to hell.

Woe unto the heartless for forgetting about the poor and suffering, ye shall be held accountable. Think ye not for the many children in the starving nations left for the crows without a bite to eat? Choose ye this day who you are and what ye represent and support. Does the world party and get drunk while the abused, neglected and suffering have not clean water to drink? Woe unto the scales of unfairness of this world, for the measurement shall fall upon thee and thou shalt be afflicted in thy days of the coming tribulations that are soon at hand. Woe unto those who put all their attention and focus on their beauty on the outside, for in focusing on their flesh they manifest their inner ugliness in spirit.

Woe unto you O inhabitants of the world, most have become like Devils that represent those who do evil, not recognising the difference between good and evil, loving only yourself and immediate family turning the cheek to those who are in need. Society and the world of Babylon has conditioned the inhabitants of earth to serve mammon and the empire of evil which is of the devil. The devil desireth to sift thy soul as wheat and bring consequence upon you and ye are blind in your own doings as ye are drinking of the world cup of sin. The cup of Babylon is heavy and nearly full, it shall overflow upon thee and great shall be the spill of it.

Be warned mankind, times are coming of great turmoil more than has ever before been recorded in all the history of earth. The wheat shall be separated from the chaff, even the good from evil, one on the right hand and one on the left. The Good Shepherd even Jesus Christ shall call His people from the four corners of the Earth and they shall recognise his Voice in Spirit. Hearken ye all to the Good Spirit of Truth which is a still small voice nevertheless a voice that can pierce ye to the very center of thy being. A voice as a roar of a lion of many waters that proceedeth out of the mouth according to the word of God with great power and authority declared upon all nations, kindreds, tongues and people. Arise and wake up for the Holy one of Israel even Jesus Christ is at thy doors.

Hearken ye O inhabitants of the Earth, the day shall soon come that the earth shall shake out of it's place and move to and fro, mountains shall fall, make no mistake today is a day of warning, tempests and superstorms shall come. Let the desolation sign from the sky be a sign unto you. The stars shall lose their light when the sun is blackened as night. The cup of Babylon is nearly full, yea nearly at the rim to overflow. The reap as sow comes with great earthquakes that will break the scales, behold it shall become a reality. Famines and great plagues are around the corner. Let it be a sign unto you, the wars are nearly upon thee and the world shall experience great tribulations.

Hearken ye O inhabitants of the world and Woe unto the wicked and the selfish, for thou shalt have thy reward. For some it would have been better off that they had never been born, for the Adversary shall sift them as wheat and drag their souls down to hell. The mark of the beast shall be in thy hand and those who serve the system of the beast which is the kingdom of the devil shall partake of the death in spirit. Woe unto those who trade, sell and deny the spirit of God, for they have sold themselves to the devil and given up the spirit of Christ. Death shall fall upon many and they shall experience torment, agonies and misery that can not be measured.

Woe unto those who say I have nothing to fear and will not be held accountable, I have no need for a Saviour or to be saved some say. Ye have lost your way and Satan has you right where he wants you to be sifted as wheat when the day of sifting comes. Beware O ye beware for your soul is at stake. Ye are stained in Sin and Satan has the rights to Sin, how can ye repay your debts in Hell when ye have no money to pay. Behold your misery will be full of agony, torment and suffering. Ye shall beg for forgiveness and mercy and it shall not come in your day of torment until the day that all shall be lifted from hell by the Holy one of Israel, even Jesus Christ your Lord, Saviour and Redeemer who took upon himself the sins of the world for those who ask forgiveness of him and believe on his name. In that day all shall be judged according to their works and by mercy and grace shall those who make it to Heaven be saved. For none are guiltless and without sin but the winepresser, even Jesus Christ, mankind's Saviour alone.

Hearken O ye inhabitants of earth unto the voice of one crying upon the fields of Babylon.Forsake thy evil doings and arise, pray for forgiveness and sin no more, take up thy clean garments and keep them clean daily. Repent Ye Repent for the day of tribulation is soon at hand.
edit on 24-8-2011 by TheTrueTeaching because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget
reply to post by Rustami

Jesus was a man

His existence still is debated, no evidence of it, but that doesn't mean he didn't exist as a man, like Ghandi, or Mother Teresa, or any other human that has ever lived.

raised from the dead

Again, doctors make mistakes all the time, even more likely with little medical infrastructure. If a man was pronounced today, and seen walking the streets tommorow, what's more likely? A mistake or a that the man is the son of the creator of the universe?

but is now a Spirit whose words are as well and also is both Lord and Christ, the firstborn over all creation that came by a woman, the image of the invisible God

Hmm....or perhaps another humanoid, but with a new way of thinking, there will be many that come after him, often improving his words and wisdom.

I love it when someone says theres no evidence of Jesus outside the bible and then i show them this.

www.gotquestions.org...

There are over 70 accounts of Jesus the Christ outside of the bible. You should really do more research before making false statements. Flavius Josephus was a Jewish historian who wrote about Jesus and there were numerous accounts from men who were pagans making fun of the jews for killing their savior. This link has several of them but thre are many more. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

not quite, I used to ridicule anything God/Jesus whatever, then one night after opening the cover of a Gideon NT an audible invisible mans voice as if a friend was sitting beside me on the left said my name and after turning my head in response, He then said "I am Jesus, I died for your sins, believe in Me and you will never perish" to which I immediately stood up turned around to the voice as if someone was sitting on the sofa and said yes Lord

came across these years later-

And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest
Acts9

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
John5

the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever.
1Timothy1

edit on 24-8-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

And what about life on other planets? Does Jesus vist life forms on their planets too? Did he die for their sins too? Or just our species on the planet earth? For animals?

You sure it was Jesus? Could you have been mistaken? Could it have been a dream? Could your friends have been playing a trick on you?

These are certainly the questions I would be asking after such an extraordinary "event".

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled4u

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing." (Matthew 23:37)

And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. (Genesis 1:27)

www.allonlinebible.com...

That source is not the actual Bible because I couldn't find it online so sorry about that however you can type in the Bible verse in the link I provided. Thanks.

"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil." Matthew 6:9–13

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Matthew 5:45
that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew 6:1
“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Matthew 6:9
“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,

Matthew 6:14
For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Luke 10:22
“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

John 12:27
“Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.

John 12:28
Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.”

The list goes on and on. Jesus never referred to God as mother but always as Father. He is always spoken of in the masculine terms.

Using the analogy of Christ wanting to gather the Children of Israel like a hen gathers her chicks is a weak argument. It was showing that Christ wants to protect them.

Created in His image is agreed upon by Biblical scholars as meaning having intellect. We have the ability to think and reason.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join